Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Island (The other ones) Reviews

Old 10-04-2010, 07:30 AM   #1
Don Fernando
Postwhore

First Name: Ferdinand
Trading: (29)
Army (Retired)
Don Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud of
Default Paradiso clasico

These Don Pepin Garcia made San Cristobal Clasico had to be renamed Paradiso Clasico for the European market and recently became available in three sizes on the Dutch market. The 5x50 classico will set you back € 6.50. The cigars are Nicaraguan puros and Ashton's most important release in years.

The wrapper is dark, oily and contains a lot of veins. The cigar has a strong smell, mild acid, pepper and wood. The band is the same as San Cristobal, just with a different name. The construction feels good. The predraw is fine and tastes like tobacco with some pepper on the tongue.

I taste coffee, pepper and some wood. The pepper and spice are becoming strong while the coffee disappears almost immediately. The cigar gets quite herbal and even mild bitter. The bitterness is gone after half an inch, I now taste wood, earth and herbs. After three quarters of an inch the cigar gets a bit sweet with a herbal aftertaste at the earthy and woody flavors. The cigar is mild spicy.

Just before I reach the middle point of the cigar I taste a really dark, close to bitter, chocolate flavor. After two thirds the cigar is herbal but fresh with the dark chocolate on the background.

This robusto lasted me for an hour and ten minutes. The ash is light colored, compact and firm. The draw is great, just like the burn. I get a decent amount of smoke, but the smoke is a bit thin. This cigar is full flavored and full bodied.

Would I buy this cigar again? I think I'll stick to the Francisco.

Appearance: 8 / 10
Construction: 7 / 10
Draw: 8 / 10
Burn: 7 / 10
Smoke & ash: 7 / 10
Aroma first part: 7 / 10
Aroma second part: 7 / 10
Aroma third part: 7 / 10
Old 10-04-2010, 07:51 AM   #2
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

First Name: Mac
Trading: (218)
Bolivar Army (Retired)
kelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Paradiso clasico

Nice review Ferdie!!