Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Island (The other ones) Reviews

Old 09-26-2010, 09:48 PM   #1
CRIMPS
Benn/Seguin best friends

First Name: Zach
Trading: (50)
RA
CRIMPS is a jewel in the roughCRIMPS is a jewel in the roughCRIMPS is a jewel in the rough
Default Sol Cubano Maduro

Some info to begin with before I get to the review:
* I am still new to smoking cigars. I have a feel for what I like, but I haven't tried enough cigars to be confident in this. More experience here is needed.
* This is my first review, take this for what its worth. Any feedback will be well received.

Sol Cubano Maduro Toro
I bought a 5'er off CBid because I wanted to smoke a few cheaper maduros. I have been resting these for a week, but I thought I would bust one of these sticks out tonight.

The construction of the cigar seems to be rather solid. The dark maduro wrapper looks great, slightly oily, and smells sweet. I punched the cigar and tested the predraw, which was just right; not too loose, not too tight.

Lighting the cigar, I immediately noticed some spice and a lot of sweetness, but not a lot else.

The ash seemed to be fine. However, the burn wasn't very good... at all. The burn was all over the place and I constantly had to keep touching up the cigar. I honestly think this was a product of unstable rh due to the cigar not having enough time to sit in my humi.

For me, the cigar was medium bodied. The spice seemed to mellow after the first third but started to appear at the end. The sweetness of the maduro wrapper was always present and pleasant. However, the overall taste of the cigar seemed to lack. I never really had anything more than some sweet tobacco.

I don't know what I was expecting, but it seemed like the cigar was missing something. I considered this cigar to be just... OK. I realize these are cheap and I probably got my money worth. I will let the others sit for awhile before I toast another one of these up.

I am curious to see what others think about this cigar.

Z
CRIMPS is offline   Reply With Quote