Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Island (The other ones) Reviews

Old 09-25-2010, 01:12 PM   #1
Nickerson

Thumbs up Camacho Triple Maduro

Cigar Name: Camacho, Triple Maduro
Cigar Size: 4.5"x50 (size name is the dimensions).
Wrapper Type: Maduro.

Good lord it is hot today. In the shade it must be atleast 95*. The thermometer is in the sun at the moment and reads 118*. Brutal. Really was jonesing for a nice Maduro cigar, so I figure I'll just deal with the heat.

I've had this Camacho Triple Madruo for over a year now. I got it last year from the "Black Band Project". I know some people had to wait quite some time to get their cigars due to the overwhelming amount of participants. I was fortunate enough to sign up early so I got mine in the first batch. Been waiting to give this bad boy a go for quite some time. I love Maduro wrappers, and a cigar made COMPLETELY out of Maduro tobacco? Sign me up.

Construction: 9/10

Solid construction. Very good looking cigar and build very well. Only deducted a point because of a small slight crack. It was just a nick and wasn't causing the cigar to unravel.

Flavor: 22/25

This really surprised me. I was expecting a more mocha flavor with sweetness. That typical chocolate and coffee combo commonly found with Maduro cigars. It started off mostly with a sweet cedar flavor, a bit toasty, and some light sweetness. About half way through you can detect slight mocha flavors but the cedar flavor remains dominant and the light sweetness remains as well. It finishes off with a good bit of leather and a small kick of mild spice still with the cedar flavor most dominant with a slight touch of cocoa. I also noticed the head had a bit of saltiness to it, not on the wrapper but the inside of the head. Overall it was a very flavorful and surprising smoke.

Draw: 9/10

Excellent draw. Didn't take much effort at all.

Burn: 9/10

The burn really wasn't "uneven" but it was slightly wavy throughout. Doesn't really bother me none and it doesn't effect the smoke but I deducted a point to be fair.

Ash: 4/5

It started off with a bit of a V split in the ash. After that though there were no problems. Ash held well and was salt and pepper colored with mid gray and light gray. You could see the toothyness from the wrapper in the ash.

Smoke: 5/5

Nice volumes of white smoke.

Impression: 30/35

I had never had a Camacho Triple Madruo, as they are pretty pricey. Though I've heard good things. This is one attractive Maduro. Dark Maduro wrapper with great construction, smelled very sweet and was heavy in hand. Very solid. I was expecting more a mocha flavor profile but it was more cedar and toasty. Was very enjoyable and pretty smooth. And quite unique with a Maduro wrapper, binder AND filler.

Overall Rating: 88

I really enjoyed this cigar. If your a Maduro fan or enjoy a cedar/toasty flavor profile, I highly recommend trying this cigar. They are a bit pricey so they may not make it into your regular rotation, but it is well worth the try.