Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Wine, Beer, and Spirits

Old 10-17-2009, 03:18 PM   #1
icantbejon
Have My Own Room

First Name: Jon
Trading: (10)
Cohiba Army (Active)
icantbejon will become famous soon enoughicantbejon will become famous soon enough
Default A CA for home brewing beer?

I'm just starting to get into home brew for beer and I'm curious if there is a CA type forum that our readers can recommend where I can learn about that hobby just as I have here about cigars. Any help you guys can provide?
Old 10-17-2009, 03:26 PM   #2
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

First Name: Mac
Trading: (218)
Bolivar Army (Retired)
kelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: A CA for home brewing beer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by icantbejon View Post
I'm just starting to get into home brew for beer and I'm curious if there is a CA type forum that our readers can recommend where I can learn about that hobby just as I have here about cigars. Any help you guys can provide?
Ferg...might want to PM Gerard. I think he home brews.
Old 10-17-2009, 03:30 PM   #3
icantbejon
Have My Own Room

Cohiba Army (Active)
icantbejon will become famous soon enoughicantbejon will become famous soon enough

Will do...good starting point
Old 10-17-2009, 03:39 PM   #4
Commander Quan
Feeling at Home

First Name: Derrick
Trading: (4)
Bolivar
Commander Quan has a spectacular aura aboutCommander Quan has a spectacular aura about

http://www.homebrewtalk.com/
Commander Quan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009, 04:03 PM   #5
kaisersozei
The Homebrew Hammer

First Name: Gerard
Trading: (40)
Punch Army (Served With Honor)
kaisersozei is a name known to allkaisersozei is a name known to allkaisersozei is a name known to allkaisersozei is a name known to allkaisersozei is a name known to allkaisersozei is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander Quan View Post
Yep, that's about the best one out there. Just like new folks might get intimidated around here by the FOGs & overwhelming cc knowledge, don't be put off by the more senior members who have invested in huge brew houses, all-grain brew setups that rival commercial microbreweries and talk about the chemistry of beer Lots of new guys, casual brewers, and a wealth of info, tips, recipes, etc.

And since I'm right up the road from you, I see some brew sessions in our future!

kaisersozei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009, 04:05 PM   #6
icantbejon
Have My Own Room

Cohiba Army (Active)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaisersozei View Post
Yep, that's about the best one out there. Just like new folks might get intimidated around here by the FOGs & overwhelming cc knowledge, don't be put off by the more senior members who have invested in huge brew houses, all-grain brew setups that rival commercial microbreweries and talk about the chemistry of beer Lots of new guys, casual brewers, and a wealth of info, tips, recipes, etc.

And since I'm right up the road from you, I see some brew sessions in our future!
I like it man...I'm checking out the site right now. Thanks for the recommendation guys.
Old 10-17-2009, 05:31 PM   #7
Darrell

I am also getting into home brewing. I went to a local home brewing retailer called American Beer and Wine Makers. I got the whole set up minus the big cooking pot for $230. That includes all the ingredients for my first beer which will be a brown Ale.
Old 10-17-2009, 05:42 PM   #8
GWN
Snow City

First Name: Jeff
Bolivar
GWN will become famous soon enoughGWN will become famous soon enough

Have all the gear in the cellar, but it's been 10 years since it was in use. Thinking about starting a new batch too.
Old 10-17-2009, 05:45 PM   #9
icantbejon
Have My Own Room

Cohiba Army (Active)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darrell View Post
I am also getting into home brewing. I went to a local home brewing retailer called American Beer and Wine Makers. I got the whole set up minus the big cooking pot for $230. That includes all the ingredients for my first beer which will be a brown Ale.
Well right now I'm feeling a little bit better. I hit my local guy and got the whole kit plus pot and first beer (I'll be going with an Oktoberfest type) for $170. Did you get bottles? I didn't get those, I'm just re-using some of my already drank bottles.