Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Old 10-26-2010, 07:58 AM   #201
Volt
I'm nuts for the place

Trading: (19)
ERdM Navy (Retired)
Volt has disabled reputation
Default Re: Motorcycle Thread..

Cold is no reason to stop riding I just put my air shocks back n replacing the lowered springs in the rear, the lowering was great but the wife liked the air ride better. New handlebars (already looking for some new ones) these are a bit to much like a drag bar with extra pull back. Pics in a book are decieving. New speakers YEA, crappy HD OEM are gone. I now have treble and bass.

I am looking for new winter gloves. Looks alone do not tell you how well they actually look. Would love to see some scientific reviews on motorcycle gloves. My old ones ride well, just not warm anough and the idea of heated ones seeems like a lot of hassle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HK3- View Post
Bump.

Anyone been riding lately or has the colder weather put the old two wheeler to rest for the season?

Anyone got any new toys or accessories?
Old 10-26-2010, 08:37 AM   #202
HK3-
Cashmere Jungle Lord

First Name: Boffa
Trading: (48)
Partagas
HK3- is a glorious beacon of lightHK3- is a glorious beacon of lightHK3- is a glorious beacon of lightHK3- is a glorious beacon of lightHK3- is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volt View Post
Cold is no reason to stop riding I just put my air shocks back n replacing the lowered springs in the rear, the lowering was great but the wife liked the air ride better. New handlebars (already looking for some new ones) these are a bit to much like a drag bar with extra pull back. Pics in a book are decieving. New speakers YEA, crappy HD OEM are gone. I now have treble and bass.

I am looking for new winter gloves. Looks alone do not tell you how well they actually look. Would love to see some scientific reviews on motorcycle gloves. My old ones ride well, just not warm anough and the idea of heated ones seeems like a lot of hassle.
I just recently read a new ski magazine where they were rating the newest gloves. Maybe you should look into getting some nice ski gloves?
HK3- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 09:28 AM   #203
Volt
I'm nuts for the place

ERdM Navy (Retired)

I have never had a lot of luck with gloves that are not made specifically for motorcycles. Usually they are not articulated enough for long rides. Plus, what works for a 20 min down hill run will not work for 1 - 5 hours in the cold on 2 wheels. The ones I have are "ok", the best I have found so far, but the search continues.

Quote:
I just recently read a new ski magazine where they were rating the newest gloves. Maybe you should look into getting some nice ski gloves?
Old 10-26-2010, 10:03 AM   #204
HK3-
Cashmere Jungle Lord

Partagas
HK3- is a glorious beacon of lightHK3- is a glorious beacon of lightHK3- is a glorious beacon of lightHK3- is a glorious beacon of lightHK3- is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
I have never had a lot of luck with gloves that are not made specifically for motorcycles. Usually they are not articulated enough for long rides. Plus, what works for a 20 min down hill run will not work for 1 - 5 hours in the cold on 2 wheels. The ones I have are "ok", the best I have found so far, but the search continues.
Ah, true.
Old 10-26-2010, 10:07 AM   #205
weak_link
The Stranger

First Name: Eric
Trading: (1)
Montecristo
weak_link has a spectacular aura aboutweak_link has a spectacular aura aboutweak_link has a spectacular aura about

Been riding the supermoto a litle bit but the Ducati is still down due to parts complications with yoyodyne and Brembo parts. Booo!!!!
weak_link is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 11:25 AM   #206
Volt
I'm nuts for the place

ERdM Navy (Retired)

Quote:
Ah, true.
After reading till the eyes are blurry on the internet, I will be ordered these today.

Tourmaster Winter Elite

I may try a glove inner liner this year. A lot of people seem to have luck with them, but I hate bulk.....

newenough.com is an excellant place to shop from and I have had superior experience with the Tourmaster products. They peform exactly as one would expect, made by mototrcycle people for those who ride.

Winter is:

Firrst Gear HT Overpants - I do not like the look of the latest version, but damn they perform. Warm and dry

Tourmaster Jacket similiar to the Flex series (again the new stuff doesn't look as good).

Schampa balacava (with long bib) toasty

Fleece lined blue jeans in the 20's and below.

I can usually ride in the 30's and into the 20's comfortably with some clothing layering. It's the gloves that kick my a$$ (long rides get the Walmart hunter chem heater inserts). We will see what these new ones will do.
Old 10-26-2010, 12:13 PM   #207
bigpedunn
Still Watching My Back

First Name: Patrick
Trading: (0)
Montecristo
bigpedunn is on a distinguished road

Heritage softail
Attached Images
File Type: jpg phpOOrWxaAM[1].jpg (62.5 KB, 195 views)
bigpedunn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 12:42 PM   #208
GolfNut
Back in the woodshop!

First Name: Forrest
Trading: (38)
Partagas
GolfNut has a spectacular aura aboutGolfNut has a spectacular aura aboutGolfNut has a spectacular aura about

A trick we use around here for winter proof hands are latex exam gloves under our winter gloves. Really help hold in the heat without the bulkiness of liners. I use them when I'd golf in the 20's.
GolfNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 05:26 AM   #209
HK3-
Cashmere Jungle Lord

Partagas

Quote:
Originally Posted by weak_link View Post
Been riding the supermoto a litle bit but the Ducati is still down due to parts complications with yoyodyne and Brembo parts. Booo!!!!
Oh, no... Explain. I'm guessing the Yoyodyne is a clutch and the Brembo must be brakes. I found a guy out in Cali who makes some nice carbon fiber accessories. I just got a nice hugger from him and now I'm waiting for some screws to put it on.

Michael- You have some serious winter gear brother!
Old 10-27-2010, 05:27 AM   #210
HK3-
Cashmere Jungle Lord

Partagas

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigpedunn View Post
Heritage softail
Nice bike! I see you like to turkey hunt as well.
Old 10-27-2010, 11:03 AM   #211
weak_link
The Stranger

Montecristo
weak_link has a spectacular aura aboutweak_link has a spectacular aura aboutweak_link has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Oh, no... Explain. I'm guessing the Yoyodyne is a clutch and the Brembo must be brakes. I found a guy out in Cali who makes some nice carbon fiber accessories. I just got a nice hugger from him and now I'm waiting for some screws to put it on.

banger
It's a billet Brembo radial master cylinder and the plunger/post thingy bent when I crashed a Sears Point a while back. Had to get a rebuild kit and lever from Yoyodyne and they sent the wrong parts, plus the one that was correct was missing a tiny little threadded barrel that helps to hold the lever on. Strangest lever/master cylinder relationship I've ever seen. You'd think for a big buck fancy pants part the design would be a bit cleaner.

Who's the guy in Cali? Maybe I've heard of him.
Old 10-27-2010, 11:39 AM   #212
HK3-
Cashmere Jungle Lord

Partagas

Quote:
It's a billet Brembo radial master cylinder and the plunger/post thingy bent when I crashed a Sears Point a while back. Had to get a rebuild kit and lever from Yoyodyne and they sent the wrong parts, plus the one that was correct was missing a tiny little threadded barrel that helps to hold the lever on. Strangest lever/master cylinder relationship I've ever seen. You'd think for a big buck fancy pants part the design would be a bit cleaner.

Sounds like hell to me. I hate having to ship stuff back and forth.....

His name is Johnny and he works at www.1carbontech.com
Old 10-27-2010, 11:46 AM   #213
Resipsa

Quote:
Cold is no reason to stop riding
Recently got a pair of the Olympia Cold Throttles, supposed to be wind proof and waterproof. I can say that they aren't very bulky at all and like them a lot.

Have had some mornings here already where it's below 30 when I left for work (5 am), and while my hands got cool, they were never cold. I'm imagining that' probably colder than it gets by you in the dead of winter. Can't speak to the rain proof cause I haven't got caught in the rain with them yet, but if you can find a dealer with them near you I'd check them out.
Old 10-28-2010, 09:10 AM   #214
HK3-
Cashmere Jungle Lord

Partagas

Quote:

Ever heard of them?
Old 10-28-2010, 10:56 AM   #215
weak_link
The Stranger

Montecristo

Quote:
Ever heard of them?
Nope, don't know those guys. Looks like nice stuff though.
Old 11-12-2010, 07:22 AM   #216
HK3-
Cashmere Jungle Lord

Partagas

Back in the 70's again here in SE Tennesee. Great riding weather
Old 11-12-2010, 08:43 AM   #217
Volt
I'm nuts for the place

ERdM Navy (Retired)

It was 42* when I rolled out this morning - not to bad. Still using the chaps, the warm clothes will have to be broke out shortly though.
Old 01-09-2011, 08:53 AM   #218
jitzy
Illusione Whore

Trading: (17)
Bolivar
jitzy is on a distinguished road

Never saw this thread but here's my scoot
Old 01-09-2011, 09:48 AM   #219
Volt
I'm nuts for the place

ERdM Navy (Retired)

I love the gansta whitewalls.... just not on mine. Too much work to keep clean
Old 01-09-2011, 11:37 AM   #220
Ranger_B
Have My Own Room

First Name: Frank
Trading: (31)
Montecristo Army (Active)
Ranger_B is a jewel in the roughRanger_B is a jewel in the roughRanger_B is a jewel in the rough

I hate reading this thread. After my injury a few years ago I have not been able to get on a bike. I have been looking at trikes. Has anyone here given the Can Am spyder a spin?
Ranger_B is offline   Reply With Quote