Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Island (The other ones) Reviews

Old 05-15-2011, 03:17 AM   #1
Don Fernando
Postwhore

First Name: Ferdinand
Trading: (29)
Army (Retired)
Don Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud of
Default Te Amo magnificos

I am not a fan of Mexican tobacco, so I was reluctant to try this Te-Amo magnifico, a Mexican puro by Altadis. It is a 5½x42 corona, which I got from a Dutch friend.

The wrapper is dull and dry with lots of veins. The band is simple. The construction feels good. The cigar has mild smell and the good predraw.

The flavors are musty and a little spicy. I also get the sweetness that is so classic for Mexican tobacco. There are no other flavors and no development either.

After two thirds I taste herbs with some wood, still musty though.

This cigar had a smoke time of an hour. The draw was oke. I had to correct the burn a few times. I got a lot of smoke, but the smoke was thin. The light colored ash is frayed and not firm. This is a mild to medium flavored and mild to medium bodied cigar.

Would I buy this cigar again? Never again.

Appearance: 6 / 10
Construction: 6 / 10
Draw: 7 / 10
Burn: 6 / 10
Smoke & ash: 6 / 10
Aroma first part: 5 / 10
Aroma second part: 5 / 10
Aroma third part: 5 / 10