Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Island (The other ones) Reviews

Old 05-15-2011, 03:28 AM   #1
Don Fernando
Postwhore

First Name: Ferdinand
Trading: (29)
Army (Retired)
Don Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud of
Default Illusione Epernay le monde

Dion Giolito, creator of Illusione cigars, created this cigar to pair well with a good champagne and named the line after a well known Champagne region, Epernay. This blend is created with the European palate in mind, the cigar has a lighter shade wrapper than other Illusiones and is less spicy and more floral according to Illusione. I got a few of the 5¼x48 Le Ferme and of the 6¼x52 Le Monde in a group buy on my Dutch website. They are not for sale in The Netherlands. I reviewed the Le Ferme last week, not it's time for the Le Monde.

The wrapper is nice, shiny and dark with a few thin veins. I smell a light but deep and rich barnyard smell. The band is simple yet tasteful as all Illusiones. The construction feels good. The predraw is fine and tastes like raisin and pepper.

I taste an earth flavor with lots of coffee, full but smooth, mild sweet. The sweetness has an unusual but nice taste. I also get some pepper on the tip of my tongue. The pepper quickly disappears and soon I taste that earth flavor with herbs instead of coffee, the sweetness is still around.

After a third I also taste some wood with the other flavors, everything is well balanced and smooth. Halfway the sweetness disappears, just like the wood. The herbs and the earth are getting stronger. After two thirds I get some wood again with a herbal freshness and earth, the sweetness also returns.

I enjoyed this cigar for a full two hours and got a lot of thick white smoke. The ash is no firm and quite dark. The draw and burn are really good. This cigar is full flavored and medium bodied.

Would I buy this cigar again? Yes!

Appearance: 8 / 10
Construction: 8 / 10
Draw: 8 / 10
Burn: 8 / 10
Smoke & ash: 8 / 10
Aroma first part: 8 / 10
Aroma second part: 8 / 10
Aroma third part: 8 / 10