Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Island (The other ones) Reviews

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-10-2010, 02:22 PM   #1
Bdeuce22
Just in from the Storm

Trading: (0)
Bdeuce22 is on a distinguished road
Default Johnny-O Corona Gorda

Johnny-O Corona Gorda

These have quite the story. There is minimal info on these but from what I can gather and what I have been told, there is a guy in Florida (probably goes by Johnny) that farms his own tobacco, rolls the cigars, and sells them locally. No bands, no boxes, just bundles of 25 and comes in various vitolas. Some call them Cubans made in America. Sort of an ugly wrapper. Had some spots on it, some veins, but looked OK overall.

I need to sample more (I have 11-12 left so no issue there) because I think these were slightly over-humidified. I felt it when I was cutting it and the draw was slightly tight. I thought about dry boxing it for a few hours outside, but i'm far too impatient.

The flavors remind me of an opus. These pack a punch. I can taste a deep earthy flavor with a bit of clove mixed in. There are some spices in here that i can't identify yet. Something that sweetens it up, but I can't put my finger on it. The flavors really don't change too much. I'm not sure how old they are or what, but I'm sure they will age very nicely over time. I think with time, the flavors will mellow out and not be as in your face strong.

The burn was great all the way through, no issues there. The ask is white and thick as can be and each puff provided a ton of smoke.

I will sit on them to rest in my humidor for a couple months before I sample again, but these are definitely worth trying to find.
Bdeuce22 is offline   Reply With Quote