Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 01-10-2013, 05:11 PM   #4181
spectrrr
Back in the midwest!

First Name: Frank
Trading: (20)
LGC
spectrrr is a name known to allspectrrr is a name known to allspectrrr is a name known to allspectrrr is a name known to allspectrrr is a name known to allspectrrr is a name known to all
Default Re: First Firearm Thread.

Old 01-10-2013, 05:12 PM   #4182
Commander Quan
Feeling at Home

First Name: Derrick
Trading: (4)
Bolivar
Commander Quan has a spectacular aura aboutCommander Quan has a spectacular aura about

Anyone have experience with Taurus Revolvers?

The other day I was looking at...sigh ok, I bought a Taurus Tracker 357 magnum. I wanted a Ruger GP100, but the guy at the shop said he had no idea when they would get any more of them in. Normally the shop has 150+ guns on display, and who knows how many in stock. Today they were down to about 50 guns on display, some of them the last of their model in the store. Needless to say I walked out with the last 4" 357 of any make in the store.

The good.
The gun is sexy a heck, feels nice in my hand, and with the porting on the barrel should be good for the Mrs. to shoot with 38 Special rounds.

The bad
It's a Taurus.

I personally haven't had any experience with Taurus but the internet it littered with stories of people having to send their guns back to Miami for repairs. I assume these are the vocal minority, but I have to ask who has experience with Taurus revolvers, and was it good or bad. I have 30 days to return the gun for a full refund, and will be keeping an eye out for the Ruger during that time, but if I knew this gun would be problem free wouldn't mind keeping it at all.
Old 01-10-2013, 05:45 PM   #4183
emopunker2004
Central Fla rollin

First Name: Justin
Trading: (46)
HdM
emopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to all

Taurus revolvers are good. Most of the semi pistols are not.
Old 01-10-2013, 05:49 PM   #4184
Stevez
Adjusting to the Life

First Name: Steve
Trading: (7)
HUpmann
Stevez will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by emopunker2004 View Post
Taurus revolvers are good. Most of the semi pistols are not.

I second this; I read a lot on different gun sites and the semi-auto pistols are the problem, not there revolvers. I shot my brother-in-law's Taurus 357 about a year ago and it shot great. I don't remember the exact model he had though. I think you'll be ok. Steve
Old 01-10-2013, 06:25 PM   #4185
dijit
Have My Own Room

First Name: Mike
Trading: (48)
Montecristo AirForce (Served With Honor)
dijit is just really nicedijit is just really nicedijit is just really nicedijit is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander Quan View Post
Anyone have experience with Taurus Revolvers?
I have owned 3 Taurus handguns, a nickle 357 revolver 3 inch barrel, a PT99 which I never had a problem with either of these. The latest one was a Centurion? I think that is the name of it. I tend to forget things I dislike and that 9mm was a piece of junk. Jammed on almost everything I tried to feed it sent it back to the manufacturer once and polished the ramp myself and had a local gunsmith look at it. The only good thing was for a short barreled 9 it was very accurate.
Old 01-10-2013, 06:50 PM   #4186
macon
Never had a Cohiba...

First Name: Macon
Trading: (0)
macon is on a distinguished road

My first post on a cigar forum is about a revolver. My very first handgun was a Taurus .38. No idea what model - traded for it. I had a friend who, thank God, knew guns. Mine was worn out. This was 30 years ago. I think they make better firearms now. When you pull the trigger on a revolver, the cylinder better lock in place. Mine did on one chamber. Lol.
My second pistol was an HK P9S .45 ACP. It was polymer before it was common place. Accurate as anything mostly due to polygonal boring. I still own 2 HKs but not that one.
Note: I called an ammo supplier to find out if they would be at a gun show this weekend since they sell .357 sig as cheap as anyone - my favorite semi round. I carry an M&P .357 sig. They said they would but beware 1000 folks waited in 25 degree weather last week in Asheville,NC last week. Get to shows early these days. After all that I'm going to go smoke a Tatuaje Fausto.
Old 01-10-2013, 08:07 PM   #4187
forgop
Not a puffer

First Name: Duane
Trading: (40)
Partagas Army (Served With Honor)
forgop is a jewel in the roughforgop is a jewel in the roughforgop is a jewel in the roughforgop is a jewel in the rough

In case you aren't an NRA member, here's a great incentive.
https://membership.nrahq.org/forms/s...gnID=bassprowy
Old 01-10-2013, 08:09 PM   #4188
emopunker2004
Central Fla rollin

HdM
emopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to all

Yep! Or there's a link over in arfcom for a $300 lifetime membership
Old 01-10-2013, 08:24 PM   #4189
forgop
Not a puffer

First Name: Duane
Trading: (40)
Partagas Army (Served With Honor)
forgop is a jewel in the roughforgop is a jewel in the roughforgop is a jewel in the roughforgop is a jewel in the rough

Does that give me the $25 bass pro gift card for my upcoming Canada fly-in fishing trip though?
Old 01-10-2013, 08:36 PM   #4190
CasaDooley
Herf Crew of 2

First Name: Kevin
Trading: (41)
HUpmann Navy (Disabled Vet)
CasaDooley has a spectacular aura aboutCasaDooley has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Yep! Or there's a link over in arfcom for a $300 lifetime membership
Justen, will you please post a link?
Old 01-10-2013, 09:05 PM   #4191
emopunker2004
Central Fla rollin

HdM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CasaDooley View Post
Justen, will you please post a link?
I would go join arfcom and go to the nra forum the info is stickied. Someone has to do it for u that's already one.
Quote:
Originally Posted by forgop View Post
Does that give me the $25 bass pro gift card for my upcoming Canada fly-in fishing trip though?
No but I think u get a jacket and stuff
Old 01-11-2013, 02:58 AM   #4192
emopunker2004
Central Fla rollin

HdM

heres the link to the thread but you have to join arfcom read the first post then go look at the last page and mention you want in on this and see what they say.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/125...vailable_.html
Old 01-11-2013, 04:07 AM   #4193
spectrrr
Back in the midwest!

LGC
spectrrr is a name known to allspectrrr is a name known to allspectrrr is a name known to allspectrrr is a name known to allspectrrr is a name known to allspectrrr is a name known to all

anyone live near Newington, CT?

http://www.hoffgun.com/SP-MP15SportVP.htm
Old 01-11-2013, 04:11 AM   #4194
emopunker2004
Central Fla rollin

HdM

Come on Francis. Ct is now trying to ban all guns that are not single shot yeh wtf
Old 01-11-2013, 04:11 AM   #4195
spectrrr
Back in the midwest!

LGC

Quote:
Originally Posted by macon View Post
My first post on a cigar forum is about a revolver. My very first handgun was a Taurus .38. No idea what model - traded for it. I had a friend who, thank God, knew guns. Mine was worn out. This was 30 years ago. I think they make better firearms now. When you pull the trigger on a revolver, the cylinder better lock in place. Mine did on one chamber. Lol.
My second pistol was an HK P9S .45 ACP. It was polymer before it was common place. Accurate as anything mostly due to polygonal boring. I still own 2 HKs but not that one.
Note: I called an ammo supplier to find out if they would be at a gun show this weekend since they sell .357 sig as cheap as anyone - my favorite semi round. I carry an M&P .357 sig. They said they would but beware 1000 folks waited in 25 degree weather last week in Asheville,NC last week. Get to shows early these days. After all that I'm going to go smoke a Tatuaje Fausto.
Welcome to the forums Macon! Stop by the New Inmate Processing area and introduce yourself

The last few weeks when I went to a show, I showed up around noon, and by then the line had died down to about 20 minutes...
But really, stocks are so low, there's better stuff online these days. ONLY thing I've seen worthwhile at at the shows is the private sales... there's still a few decent deals to be had in that arena.
Old 01-11-2013, 04:16 AM   #4196
spectrrr
Back in the midwest!

LGC

Quote:
Come on Francis. Ct is now trying to ban all guns that are not single shot yeh wtf
Are they now? lol. I don't even pay attention to those states anymore, I just expect all of them to eventually try it. I used to live in MA. that's enough for me!
Old 01-11-2013, 04:23 AM   #4197
emopunker2004
Central Fla rollin

HdM

Yep. Insanity. Where are you now?
Old 01-11-2013, 05:01 AM   #4198
spectrrr
Back in the midwest!

LGC

Ohio

About the only really asinine law we have is a restriction on 31+ rd magazines. You can OWN / BUY / SELL them, just can't USE them!
Old 01-11-2013, 05:28 AM   #4199
emopunker2004
Central Fla rollin

HdM

Lol oh ok cuz that makes sense lol
Old 01-11-2013, 05:30 AM   #4200
spectrrr
Back in the midwest!

LGC

Quote:
Lol oh ok cuz that makes sense lol
YEP.

I can go to a gun show. buy a 33rd glock mag. take it home. enjoy it's beauty. Just can't put it in the gun.

You can't even make an argument in favor of the law for reducing crime or shooting victims, because there's no attempt to stop people from having them!

Other than that, we're pretty good. We've had some horribly confusing and restrictive car carry laws in the past (a loaded mag in the trunk counted as a loaded weapon, and would get you in hot water)... actually, a loaded mag anywhere does .... but that finally got fixed and clarified this year. So altogether, we're pretty relaxed here.