Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Island (The other ones) Reviews

Old 07-28-2011, 11:50 AM   #1
Don Fernando
Postwhore

First Name: Ferdinand
Trading: (29)
Army (Retired)
Don Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud of
Default Quesada Espana robusto

The Quesada Espana is the replacement for the Quesada Tributo on the Dutch market. It has just been released and even though my general thoughts on the Tributo line were mediocre, I really wanted to try these cigars. First Quesada Espana I got my hands on is a 5x52 robusto.

The wrapper feels a bit greasy and is chocolate brown. I see a few thin veins and I smell dark chocolate. The construction feels good. The predraw is fine and I taste dry tobacco.

I taste a bitter coffee and earthy flavour, quite spicy with pepper in the aftertaste. I also taste a chocolate like sweetness. After a quarter of an inch I taste more sweetness and the bitterness shifts to the aftertaste. After half an inch I taste chocolate with wood in the aftertaste, the bitterness disappeared completely. Sometime later the cigar gets herbal with some chocolate, a hint of wood and pepper.

After a third I taste herbs, quite spicy, with a chocolate like sweetness. I also taste some hay. Passed the middle point I taste herbs with a splash of cinnamon and a mild sweetness. After two thirds I taste the same flavours with some added hay. The flavours are quite spicy.

This cigar lasted me for an hour and forty-five minutes. The draw is great and the smoke is good but good be thicker. The silver-grey ash is mild frayed but firm. The burn is pretty. This cigar is full flavoured and medium to full bodied.

Would I buy this cigar again? I’m not sure, I liked the cigar, the price is right but it didn’t really impress me

Appearance: 8 / 10
Construction: 8 / 10
Draw: 8 / 10
Burn: 8 / 10
Smoke & ash: 7 / 10
Aroma first part: 7 / 10
Aroma second part: 8 / 10
Aroma third part: 7 / 10
Old 07-28-2011, 12:45 PM   #2
Brooks W
Feeling at Home

Trading: (70)
Brooks W has a spectacular aura aboutBrooks W has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Quesada Espana robusto

Nice review!

Have you tried the corona?

~brooks
Brooks W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 12:59 PM   #3
Don Fernando
Postwhore

First Name: Ferdinand
Trading: (29)
Army (Retired)
Don Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud of

no
Old 07-28-2011, 01:25 PM   #4
swingerofbirches
Feeling at Home

First Name: Charlie
Trading: (0)
Cohiba
swingerofbirches will become famous soon enough

Nice review ... thx for posting.
I've smoked both the corona and short robusto and liked them both, a lot ... although the edge goes to the corona.
swingerofbirches is offline   Reply With Quote