Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Island (The other ones) Reviews

Old 07-28-2011, 11:47 AM   #1
Don Fernando
Postwhore

First Name: Ferdinand
Trading: (29)
Army (Retired)
Don Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud of
Default La Aurora 1495 BME Dominicana toro

I got this 5¾x54 toro at the barbecue of my Dutch website http://www.sigarenliefhebber.nl from a friendly merchant that visits our board on a regular basis. I never smoked this La Aurora and I was curious about this B.M.E. Dominicana. To be honest, as a aficionado of Nicaraguan tobacco, I was expecting more from the Nicaragua than from the Dominicana, but still, I was curious. The Dominicana series is for sale in The Netherlands, but I don’t know the price tag.

The band is big and easy to read, but when I tried to remove it I found out that it were two bands and not one big one. The medium brown wrapper has a color that is just a tone darker than milk chocolate and the wrapper is smooth with one long thin vein. The construction feels good and the cigar has a medium wood and barnyard aroma. The wrapper is quite thick. The predraw is fine and tastes like spicy tobacco.

I taste sweet coffee with some earthy flavors and wood, quite spicy with a peppery aftertaste. After half an inch I taste sweet cinnamon with wood. I really like this. The aftertaste is black pepper. After an inch I taste a spicy, peppery, mild sweet and herbal wood flavour. After that the cigar turns to herbs with a honey like sweetness.

Halfway I taste herbs with a splash of spices and the aftertaste is quite peppery. The cigar gets a stronger herbal flavour while the spices disappear and the pepper grows in strength too.

This cigar lasted me for two hours and twenty minutes. The draw is great and I got plenty of smoke. The burn is beautiful and the light colored ash is firm. This cigar is full flavoured and full bodied, much fuller than expected from a La Aurora with Dominican tobacco.

Would I buy this cigar again? Yes, I was pleasantly surprised

Appearance: 8 / 10
Construction: 8 / 10
Draw: 8 / 10
Burn: 8 / 10
Smoke & ash: 8 / 10
Aroma first part: 8 / 10
Aroma second part: 8 / 10
Aroma third part: 7 / 10