Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Island (The other ones) Reviews

Old 03-02-2012, 03:07 PM   #1
Don Fernando
Postwhore

First Name: Ferdinand
Trading: (29)
Army (Retired)
Don Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud of
Default A. Turrent triple corojo short robusto

I've been smoking quite a few Mexican cigars lately, due to Intertabac where we stopped at the A. Turrent booth. I smoked and reviewed the whole Te-Amo world selection series and the A. Turrent triple play recently and today I reviewed a A. Turrent Triple Corojo short robusto. As the name implies, this cigar is made purely from corojo tobacco. The filler comes from Mexico, Honduras and Nicaragua, the binder is Nicaraguan with a San Andres corojo wrapper. The short robusto measures 4½x54. The robusto will be available in The Netherlands soon.

The cigar looks messy with lots of veins on a latte colored wrapper. The construction feels good and I smell a strong barnyard aroma. The predraw is fine. I taste dry tobacco and dried raisin.

I taste a spicy and bitter earthy flavor with coffee and some grass. The flavors are full but dry. I get a sweet flavor on the background. After half an inch I taste sweet leather with a little bit of citrus and some sweetness in the aftertaste. After three quarters of an inch I taste some toast and nuts. After a third I taste leather with hay, mild spicy and some bitterness in the aftertaste. The hay flavor is dominant.

Halfway I taste some pepper, a little bit of citrus and some hay. The aftertaste is spicy. After two thirds I taste fresh wood and coffee. The cigar gets spicy too and the aftertaste is peppery.

The smoke time of this cigar is an hour and thirty-five minutes. The draw is great and I got a lot of smoke. The burn was a bit crooked and the ash is dark and ugly but firm. This cigar is full flavored and full bodied.

Would I buy this cigar again? I might

Appearance: 6 / 10
Construction: 7 / 10
Draw: 8 / 10
Burn: 7 / 10
Smoke & ash: 8 / 10
Aroma first part: 7 / 10
Aroma second part: 7 / 10
Aroma third part: 7 / 10
Old 03-04-2012, 08:27 AM   #2
Theo Cincy
Feeling at Home