Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 02-22-2013, 12:50 AM   #5401
emopunker2004
Central Fla rollin

First Name: Justin
Trading: (46)
HdM
emopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to all
Default Re: First Firearm Thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spectrrr View Post
I'm not too up on the current models. Was using 5D's and 30D's for years... got a 5D mk3 last year, was in freakin heaven, but it's gettin sold down in venezeuela. Lots of import regulations regarding how much cash I can bring into the country (it's damned small)... but a professional photographer traveling with his gear.....
Ah i see. Well the 60d is obviously an advancement to the 30d, 40d, and 50d.
i'll need a computer too. My netbook sucks for anything but web surfing.
Old 02-22-2013, 01:03 AM   #5402
spectrrr
Back in the midwest!

First Name: Frank
Trading: (20)
LGC
spectrrr is a name known to allspectrrr is a name known to allspectrrr is a name known to allspectrrr is a name known to allspectrrr is a name known to allspectrrr is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by emopunker2004 View Post
Ah i see. Well the 60d is obviously an advancement to the 30d, 40d, and 50d.
i'll need a computer too. My netbook sucks for anything but web surfing.

ouch, yeah photo editing on a netbook is.... *grimace*
Old 02-22-2013, 01:21 AM   #5403
emopunker2004
Central Fla rollin

HdM
emopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to all

Yeh.
Money Money Money. The PC is last on my list though.
Old 02-22-2013, 01:28 AM   #5404
spectrrr
Back in the midwest!

LGC
spectrrr is a name known to allspectrrr is a name known to allspectrrr is a name known to allspectrrr is a name known to allspectrrr is a name known to allspectrrr is a name known to all

Quote:
Yeh.
Money Money Money. The PC is last on my list though.
if you're willing to get a desktop, you can build something powerful enough for short enough money...
Old 02-22-2013, 01:39 AM   #5405
emopunker2004
Central Fla rollin

HdM

The guy that works here told me that as long as i had at least 4gb ram, dual core processor of some type, and 750gb HD i'd be ok. He got a small acer from Walmart for $300 that he uses for his editing.
Old 02-22-2013, 01:48 AM   #5406
spectrrr
Back in the midwest!

LGC

DONT get 4gb. not enough. you need 8gb.
4gb chokes and crashes photoshop if you have a large enough file and its got a crap ton of layers. been there, done that. and the 18mp files from the 60D would do it.
Old 02-22-2013, 01:52 AM   #5407
emopunker2004
Central Fla rollin

HdM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spectrrr View Post
DONT get 4gb. not enough. you need 8gb.
4gb chokes and crashes photoshop if you have a large enough file and its got a crap ton of layers. been there, done that. and the 18mp files from the 60D would do it.

He's does photography as a side job and uses the 60D and his PC has those specs. Think 4gb would be ok for now if it has space for 8gb? I really don't want Win 8
Old 02-22-2013, 02:05 AM   #5408
spectrrr
Back in the midwest!

LGC

Quote:

He's does photography as a side job and uses the 60D and his PC has those specs. Think 4gb would be ok for now if it has space for 8gb? I really don't want Win 8
What does Windows 8 have to do with it (and yeah, I don't want that sh!t either). Even windows 7 home basic x64 will allow up to 8gb of RAM. http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/libr...mits_windows_7

And yeah, 4gb is enough for now, long as you have space for 8gb.

My guess is that he's never created a really layer intensive file, or tried to open 5+ images at once. You can't imagine the frustration when you work on a file for 20 minutes, got a bunch of layers, and then try to save it and photoshop says that it doesn't have enough memory to save the file.
Old 02-22-2013, 02:10 AM   #5409
emopunker2004
Central Fla rollin

HdM

I dunno. Win 8 has to deal with i'm limited in my choices by the operating system installed on it too. Alot more choices with win 8 than win 7 right now
Old 02-22-2013, 02:12 AM   #5410
spectrrr
Back in the midwest!

LGC

Quote:

I dunno. Win 8 has to deal with i'm limited in my choices by the operating system installed on it too. Alot more choices with win 8 than win 7 right now
err yeah... or just build one yourself

There also are a number of system builders that offer models without an operating system preinstalled.
Old 02-22-2013, 02:19 AM   #5411
emopunker2004
Central Fla rollin

HdM

yeh but then i gotta pay for an OS. I'm on a very small budget son!
Old 02-22-2013, 03:17 AM   #5412
spectrrr
Back in the midwest!

LGC

Quote:
yeh but then i gotta pay for an OS. I'm on a very small budget son!
true dat..

derp... just checked my old AR lower that I'm selling (the one I picked up early December)... hammer spring is backwards. Never noticed it before, didn't take that bit apart to clean before...
Old 02-22-2013, 03:20 AM   #5413
spectrrr
Back in the midwest!

LGC

now that I suddenly ended up with a complete RED X upper I wasn't expecting to ever show up, I'm thinking I may mate it with that lower and wander down to the gun show Saturday, see if someone wants to give me $1200 for it......

It's this upper, looks pretty nice in person. THICK Bull barrel makes it a little front heavy, but honestly not that bad, especially considering that there was no optic on it to help balance the weight rearward. I'd keep it, but a heavy 16" that s only a carbine gas is not quite my cup of tea. Prefer middy gas in a 16", and a threaded barrel.
http://shop.redxarms.com/16-RXA15-X-...UPPER-5433.htm

Last edited by spectrrr; 02-22-2013 at 03:30 AM.
Old 02-22-2013, 03:34 AM   #5414
emopunker2004
Central Fla rollin

HdM

Heck, try for more than $1200. Thats what I got for mine plus about $200 worth of shotgun shells too.
Old 02-22-2013, 03:41 AM   #5415
spectrrr
Back in the midwest!

LGC

might be your area... I was having no luck a few weeks ago trying to get $1500 for a 20" tricked out AR, complete with scope, bipod, etc. Granted it was a cheap scope, rail, etc... but still, it looked the part, which is usually enough to hook a sucker or two at a show.

This one... I might have to put my sightmark red dot tub on it in order to "complete the look".
Old 02-22-2013, 10:18 AM   #5416
big pete
Going to the darkside....

PL
big pete will become famous soon enoughbig pete will become famous soon enough

Think I'm going to the local shop to see how their AR stock is (they had 7-10 two weeks ago). If their stock is low, I may put my gun up for consignment and see if I can get 1600-1700 for it.
Old 02-22-2013, 11:16 AM   #5417
emopunker2004
Central Fla rollin

HdM

And poof im poor! Got the 60d kit w/ 18-135mm lens and got a 16gb sdhc card
Old 02-22-2013, 11:29 AM   #5418
MurphysLaw
Anything can go wrong

First Name: Brian
Trading: (19)
Partagas
MurphysLaw is just really niceMurphysLaw is just really niceMurphysLaw is just really niceMurphysLaw is just really niceMurphysLaw is just really nice

Never heard of that kind of gun
Old 02-22-2013, 11:31 AM   #5419
emopunker2004
Central Fla rollin

HdM

stfu we were talking about it last night. Gun related cuz I sold a gun to fund it
Old 02-22-2013, 05:55 PM   #5420
spectrrr
Back in the midwest!

LGC

Here's a quick pic of the extra children I think I'll try selling tomorrow at the show.

TOP:

Red-X upper, 16" carbine, 5.56, twist fluted stainless bull barrel, 1/9 (new)
Red-X Auto BCG & Tactical charging handle (new)
CMT TAC billet lower, Firefly/Serenity engraved (new)
Umbrella Corp grip (new)
Core-5 LPK, commercial buffer
VLTOR light carbine stock w/ battery compartments (used)

7.3lbs
--Might swap out the umbrella grip for a stock grip. I like the angled look a little better... but figure the umbrella name might carry some weight for a purchaser. Particularly paired with the Serenity lower...

BOTTOM:
PSA M4 Premium Madness, 16'' CMV CL, 5.56, carbine gas, 1/7 (new)
AR-15 BCG and standard charging handle (lightly used)
Doublestar lower, unknown LPK, commercial buffer (lightly used)
standard grip (new)
Core-5 standard carbine stock, fits a little loose (new)

6.3lbs
--Might throw a lightly used carry handle on the PSA upper to give it a full sight picture... and I don't need the handle anyway.

(click for larger)

Last edited by spectrrr; 02-22-2013 at 06:04 PM.
Closed Thread