Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > Sports

Old 08-31-2011, 09:34 AM   #21
OLS
Suck It

First Name: Brad
Trading: (19)
Bolivar AirForce (Served With Honor)
OLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Official SEC Football Thread 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by SvilleKid View Post
Knowing Les Miles "win at any cost" theory, I figured it would take criminal charges before he would pull them from the roster.
I guess it's all in who you hate....This is NCAA football, not Les Miles.
Remember a little coach named Nick Saban? I don't remember Auburn holding Cam Newton out.
I remember FLA doing similar. But you are right. Those boys were gonna play til Les understood
that there was video. Who in their right mind does ANYTHING like that in a crowd in the modern world?
SOMEONE is gonna cam-phone it, if not everyone. JJ just showed how dumb we already knew he was.

But you know what I REALLY like? LSU playing a huge national power right out of the gate. Know
anybody with the cojones to schedule that kind of game out of the box? Season make or break for
both teams. We'll play our share of McNeese State's before it's all said and done, but LSU still
understands the magic and suspense of non-conference play, babay.
OLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 09:44 AM   #22
OLS
Suck It

OLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by forgop View Post
Be$t football conference money can buy.
Ditto on this. This is not the SEC, this is the NCAA. There is just more money flowing down south.
We don't spend so much on book-lernin', so we have money left over to buy football players.
Old 08-31-2011, 10:49 PM   #23
Powers
Swamp Ash member in exile

First Name: Michael
Trading: (17)
Bolivar
Powers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLS View Post
what I REALLY like? LSU playing a huge national power right out of the gate.
That speaks to the whole point that, in addition to having the toughest conference play, SEC schools schedule tough non-conference play as well: Georgia playing Boise State, LSU w/Oregon AND West Virginia (aka the unconstitutional state), USC & Auburn playing Clemson, and Florida against the Seminoles.

Old 09-01-2011, 06:34 AM   #24
OLS
Suck It

I looked through several of the other schedules, though, and FL State was the only one that made me shiver.
And only very recently. Many pundits have them picked as VERY high finishers in 2011. Is Clemson scary?
I guess when they join the SEC next year, we'll know for sure, haha. I hope UGA has something for the
Broncos, though. Richt better pull his squad together or they are in for a whippin....OleMiss-BYU...ehhh. Tossup.

Last edited by OLS; 09-01-2011 at 06:39 AM.
Old 09-02-2011, 11:24 AM   #25
rizzle
Order Restored

Trading: (23)
Bolivar
rizzle is a jewel in the roughrizzle is a jewel in the roughrizzle is a jewel in the roughrizzle is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
I guess it's all in who you hate....This is NCAA football, not Les Miles.
Remember a little coach named Nick Saban? I don't remember Auburn holding Cam Newton out.
I remember FLA doing similar. But you are right. Those boys were gonna play til Les understood
that there was video. Who in their right mind does ANYTHING like that in a crowd in the modern world?
SOMEONE is gonna cam-phone it, if not everyone. JJ just showed how dumb we already knew he was.

But you know what I REALLY like? LSU playing a huge national power right out of the gate. Know
anybody with the cojones to schedule that kind of game out of the box?
Season make or break for
both teams. We'll play our share of McNeese State's before it's all said and done, but LSU still
understands the magic and suspense of non-conference play, babay.
Quote:
Originally Posted by UFPowersmoker320 View Post
That speaks to the whole point that, in addition to having the toughest conference play, SEC schools schedule tough non-conference play as well: Georgia playing Boise State, LSU w/Oregon AND West Virginia (aka the unconstitutional state), USC & Auburn playing Clemson, and Florida against the Seminoles.

Ahem. Couple years ago, we smashed Clempson in the opener when Clempson was a lot of folks pick to be a title contender. Year after that we smashed Virginia Tech in the same circumstance. Lat year and this we got Penn State in the second game. Next year we're opening with Michigan. So yea, I know a team with the cajones to do it.

Let's get it on. LSU and Georgia best not let me down.
rizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 12:05 PM   #26
Powers

Bolivar
Powers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by rizzle View Post
Ahem. Couple years ago, we smashed Clempson in the opener when Clempson was a lot of folks pick to be a title contender. Year after that we smashed Virginia Tech in the same circumstance. Lat year and this we got Penn State in the second game. Next year we're opening with Michigan. So yea, I know a team with the cajones to do it.

Let's get it on. LSU and Georgia best not let me down.
Indeed sir, I mistakenly didn't see Penn State in the SEC helmet schedule I was looking at due to their inconspicuous headgear.

As for LSU and UGA this weekend, I can't say i'll be actively rooting for Georgia but......
Old 09-02-2011, 01:03 PM   #27
Scothew
CA Scott #2658

First Name: Scott
Trading: (5)
Partagas
Scothew will become famous soon enoughScothew will become famous soon enough

Im prob the only one here, but WDE!

I will go on the record saying I am not hyping myself up and thinking AU is gonna bring a season like last year, Im just hoping its a positive year as its a rebuilding year for sure.

Regardless, SEC Football is a sport all in its own for the most part. Tradition, Rivarly, and big 'ole boys beating the crap out of each other

Bráithreachas Thar Gach Ní
Scothew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 06:10 PM   #28
OLS
Suck It

Ahem is right, I just saw penn st listed today on a broadcast of alabama versus powerhouse Kent st, lol.
I don't recall seeing that in the printed schedule I saw online. I still don't think Clemson has anything for the
better teams in the SEC. Rizzle, you mistook TV pundit hype for actual chances if you believed that Clemson or VA tech
ever had a chance to take the ugly crystal football.

College football is officially ON.

And now the REAL reason I came in to post....AAARRRGGHH.... Brent Musburger!!! NOOOooooooo! I hate his dumb a55.
Ahahaa, Erin Andrews just called Les Miles a little confused, hahaha. He apprently ran for the OU sideline, lol.
Old 09-03-2011, 06:30 PM   #29
OLS
Suck It

Kent St had some studs on that team. Sorry they couldn't compete better. They should do well in the MAC season.
The Tide looked crispy, not to belabour the TV commentator's point, but it looks like we have a QB in Tusk-aloosa.
LSU looks stiff tonight. Not to much give in the line. Oregon might be good, and this game is not over, but LSU looks
scary tonight.
Old 09-03-2011, 06:50 PM   #30
longknocker
Postwhore

First Name: Greg
Trading: (82)
Cohiba
longknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant future

Quote:
Kent St had some studs on that team. Sorry they couldn't compete better. They should do well in the MAC season.
The Tide looked crispy, not to belabour the TV commentator's point, but it looks like we have a QB in Tusk-aloosa.
LSU looks stiff tonight. Not to much give in the line. Oregon might be good, and this game is not over, but LSU looks
scary tonight.
LSU Is Bigger, Stronger, Faster. Game Over.
longknocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 07:05 PM   #31
Fordman4ever
Redneck driving a ricer!!

First Name: Earl
Trading: (26)
HUpmann AirForce (Active)
Fordman4ever is a jewel in the roughFordman4ever is a jewel in the roughFordman4ever is a jewel in the roughFordman4ever is a jewel in the rough

Lets go UGA
Fordman4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 07:29 PM   #32
OLS
Suck It

Taking nothing away from bama, rizzle, Bama was a better team than both of those teams and bama fans knew it
going in.
Old 09-03-2011, 08:11 PM   #33
Scothew
CA Scott #2658

First Name: Scott
Trading: (5)
Partagas
Scothew will become famous soon enoughScothew will become famous soon enough

AU squeezed by. Just like I predicted, gonna be a mediocre year with all the new inexperienced guys we have on the team.

Bráithreachas Thar Gach Ní
Scothew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 08:46 PM   #34
Fordman4ever
Redneck driving a ricer!!

First Name: Earl
Trading: (26)
HUpmann AirForce (Active)
Fordman4ever is a jewel in the roughFordman4ever is a jewel in the roughFordman4ever is a jewel in the roughFordman4ever is a jewel in the rough

What in the world is up with UGA???
Fordman4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 08:37 AM   #35
OLS
Suck It

Earl, have you been watching for the last 4 years? UGA used to be good enough to make it through a season and
not look bad, but hasn't had any luck doing that for 4+ years. And Mark Richt continues to hold onto his job. He is a
great coach, but apparently that isn't enough anymore.

I enjoyed the LSU game last night. It's the same pattern every time ABC has a game with LSU. They START OUT saying
that Les Miles does it differently than almost any other coach. He HAS a quarterback and an offense, but he DEPENDS on
his defense and special teams to do most of the scoring. Then along about 2 mins to go in the first half, and again at the
start of the 3rd quarter, "Oh, LSU needs to figure out what is going wrong in the offense, they are in real danger of being
overrun by Oregon, they have an anemic 9 points onthe board, and Oregon is beginning to get it's offense cranked up. It's
not looking good for LSU." And what happens, we cause 3 turnovers in a row and score off most of em. LSU will be fine,
and Jarrett Lee looked confident enough to lead the offense going forward. PERSONALLY, I would rather NOT get Jordan
Jefferson back this season. He is a dummy with skills. We do not need to look to him as the "good quarterback that we
are all waiting for to come back". GEAUX TIGERS!

Last edited by OLS; 09-04-2011 at 08:43 AM.
Old 09-04-2011, 08:44 AM   #36
longknocker
Postwhore

First Name: Greg
Trading: (82)
Cohiba
longknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant future

Quote:
Earl, have you been watching for the last 4 years? UGA used to be good enough to make it through a season and
not look bad, but hasn't had any luck doing that for 4+ years. And Mark Richt continues to hold onto his job. He is a
great coach, but apparently that isn't enough anymore.

I enjoyed the LSU game last night. It's the same pattern every time ABC has a game with LSU. They START OUT saying
that Les Miles does it differently than almost any other coach. He HAS a quarterback and an offense, but he DEPENDS on
his defense and special teams to do most of the scoring. Then along about 2 mins to go in the first half, and again at the
start of the 3rd quarter, "Oh, LSU needs to figure out what is going wrong in the offense, they are in real danger of being
overrun by Oregon, they have an anemic 9 points onthe board, and Oregon is beginning to get it's offense cranked up. It's
not looking good for LSU." And what happens, we cause 3 turnovers in a row and score off most of em. LSU will be fine,
and Jarrett Lee looked confident enough to lead the offense going forward. PERSONALLY, I would rather NOT get Jordan
Jefferson back this season. He is a dummy with skills. We do not need to look to him as the "good quarterback that we
are all waiting for to come back". GEAUX TIGERS!
I Like Richt, Talent Problem? LSU Came On Strong 2nd Half. Can't Wait For LSU/ BAMA Game! Revenge Time!
longknocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 08:48 AM   #37
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (61)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
icehog3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 11:34 AM   #38
Powers

Bolivar

First game of the Muschamp era looked good! If Rainey and Demps stay healthy I think we'll have enough talent around Brantley, who played well, to run a good offense.

I was anticipating either LSU and Georgia losing but Ole Miss let me down. Losing to BYU at home? Come on Rebels. Richie, I'm leaving the door open for you to make a Houston Nutt joke
Old 09-04-2011, 04:06 PM   #39
taltos
Really, really old

First Name: Paul
Trading: (3)
Punch MarineCorps (Served With Honor)
taltos is a jewel in the roughtaltos is a jewel in the roughtaltos is a jewel in the roughtaltos is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by icehog3 View Post
That picture makes me hungry for some gator nuggets.
Old 09-04-2011, 04:26 PM   #40
OLS
Suck It

Wow, I need to check the sports sites, I had no idea ole miss lost. oops.

Michael, HOW COULD YOU DOUBT THE TIGERS?? What? I am shocked! I know we are from different planets and all,
but surely you didn't side with the know-nothing MEDIA-hypers on this one? In any event, I'm glad they surprised
you, or I'd be in an awfully foul mood right now. During all the news cycle hype, I never once doubted that the Tigers
would win it going away. Even when I was looking like a man on an island on the issue.

Greg, I think you HAVE to be right, I have always liked Richt, but I am shocked at how a once-dominant team, WITH blue
chip players in spades, has under-performed so badly over the last 3-4 years. Granted, there was FLA, LSU, BAMA and a
few others sucking up all the oxygen, but I have been shaking my head for a long time on that one.