Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > Sports

Old 08-13-2012, 06:36 AM   #641
OLS
Suck It

First Name: Brad
Trading: (19)
Bolivar AirForce (Served With Honor)
OLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Official SEC Football Thread 2011

Somehow I knew that SvilleKid would have an opinion on that story. I am sure there is no doubt it was drugs.
All we are getting now is "inside sources report..." My sister and I gave him a pass last year, kids are kids,
especially high profile ones. No matter how hard anyone wants to make the boy into a man to help their own
theories along, he is just a kid, and kids are prone to and bound to make mistakes. But this was without a doubt
the most bonehead move any kid could make at this point. I have pulled my support for him. These are likely
just the two instances we KNOW about. I am sure that there was no end of trouble with him for two years.
The fact that he's only considering Div 2A and community colleges means there is no way he is going to play
major college football again. He had a SMALL chance at making good money in the NFL at one time. Hell he was
close to being the Heisman Trophy winner. But now he has likely removed any chance that a kid that small can
make it in the league....baggage, and limited, though arguably very specialized skills. Too bad for him. he might
still find a spot on some team somewhere in a limited role at low pay. Sad.

LSU won't have any trouble replacing him, though.
OLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 03:25 PM   #642
SvilleKid
Yes I am a Pirate

Trading: (52)
SvilleKid has disabled reputation

When I look at my local news and at fox news for NCAA football on my I phone, I see a lot of reports on players/recruits on a multitude of teams getting kicked off, held out of practice for cause, and/or is being investigated by the NCAA. I figure ALL the schools are going to be super vigilant in the wake of the Penn State situation.

I can't blame Miles AT ALL for releasing the player (last I saw was Mile's statement that several failed drug tests were involved). At some point, he has to chose between the team and the individual player. I know any coach would hope his program will turn around bad behavior and help kids that may not have a good role model or motivation from other sources. But at some point, it becomes counter productive, especially if the player refuses to stop the behavior that is at the root of the issue.

On the bright side, only 19 more days to the Bama opener! RTR! And the Bama Auburn game has moved back to a Saturday game this year! Going to be a tough season against the SEC on the road.

Last edited by SvilleKid; 08-13-2012 at 03:30 PM.
SvilleKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 02:36 PM   #643
OLS
Suck It

OLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to behold

Alabama is fielding a team this year? Awesome.

As a drug user, I don't think it is so bad that a kid likes to smoke a little weed.
But I find it perplexing and moronic that someone in a situation like that kid was
in would not put off the gratification for a few years to secure a future for himself
and that of his family. His success is NOT assured by any means, he is too small
and non-prototypical. But he had a good SHOT. I am thinking this is another kid
who fails to realize that there is no money/living in being a ex-college football star.
Absolutely none. No matter how quick, clever, tenacious or flamboyant you were.
Old 08-17-2012, 02:21 PM   #644
Powers
Swamp Ash member in exile

First Name: Michael
Trading: (17)
Bolivar
Powers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to all

Waiting on the AP to release their preseason rankings to start the new thread

Seems to be later this year than normal
Old 08-17-2012, 04:28 PM   #645
SvilleKid
Yes I am a Pirate

Trading: (52)
SvilleKid has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powers View Post
Waiting on the AP to release their preseason rankings to start the new thread

Seems to be later this year than normal
I thought I saw that somewhere already, with LSU ranked No. 1, Bama ranked No. 4. Seemed like there were 6 or 7 SEC teams in the top 20. Hell, maybe I just imagined it. Or it was some media outlet poll, not the AP. Could just be oldtimerz disease acting up again!
Old 08-17-2012, 08:24 PM   #646
Powers

Bolivar
Powers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by SvilleKid View Post
I thought I saw that somewhere already, with LSU ranked No. 1, Bama ranked No. 4. Seemed like there were 6 or 7 SEC teams in the top 20. Hell, maybe I just imagined it. Or it was some media outlet poll, not the AP. Could just be oldtimerz disease acting up again!
That was the USA Today's Coachs' Poll. The AP poll is set to come out tmrw
Old 08-21-2012, 11:34 AM   #647
OLS
Suck It

LSU seems to have dropped 3 spots without playing a game, haha.

Should be a fine season without that kid with the weed. Now if he wants to come over and watch the game,
I could craft a bong of sorts.
Old 08-21-2012, 01:40 PM   #648
Powers

Bolivar

The 2012 SEC Thread:

http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=57609