Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Old 09-28-2013, 12:17 PM   #3221
Porch Dweller
Life is for living

First Name: James
Trading: (24)
Bolivar AirForce (Retired)
Porch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Photography Thread

Taken by my wife a few years ago in the Old Jameson's Distillery in Dublin.
Old 09-28-2013, 09:25 PM   #3222
emopunker2004
Central Fla rollin

First Name: Justin
Trading: (46)
HdM
emopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by shark View Post
All of those tats, meh. But she's still pretty cute

I agree. Sometimes tats are hot
Old 09-29-2013, 07:44 PM   #3223
OLS
Suck It

First Name: Brad
Trading: (19)
Bolivar AirForce (Served With Honor)
OLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by shark View Post
Praying Mantis

HO-LEE Crap! This looks like a cartoon character. I wish there was a way to make money from those quippy sayings that people put on great pics. This one would be a big seller. Great photo, my man.
OLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 11:39 AM   #3224
Will herf for food

First Name: Mike
Trading: (9)
VR
357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold

Too true Brad. That mantis pic looks like she's winking after wooing her mate; who'll be decapitated by the end of it all.
Old 09-30-2013, 02:39 PM   #3225
s15driftking
Go Browns!

First Name: Bobby
Trading: (16)
Partagas
s15driftking has a spectacular aura abouts15driftking has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outlaw God View Post
I spy an HK
Old 09-30-2013, 05:35 PM   #3226
OLS
Suck It

OLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to behold

Man this was the coolest thing. I was shooting acts during the downtown Memphis Main St. Trolley Night, where
a lot of people congregate and watch acts perform in the area, ride the trolley free and see the area on foot and
hang out (and drink). Well this friend of mine was playing in front of a restaurant and this little girl became enamored
of him and kept giving him little tips in his case. he ended up making up a little song for her and singing it to her,
and I got this shot. Good Bokeh....but, the bokeh makes his face look like that kid in The Mask.

I Love You Julie by Brad-(OLS), on Flickr
Old 09-30-2013, 06:21 PM   #3227
shark
Cigar Smokin' Patriot

First Name: Ron
Trading: (0)
Bolivar Army (Served With Honor)
shark is a glorious beacon of lightshark is a glorious beacon of lightshark is a glorious beacon of lightshark is a glorious beacon of lightshark is a glorious beacon of lightshark is a glorious beacon of light

Excellent shot, Brad.
Old 09-30-2013, 06:22 PM   #3228
shark
Cigar Smokin' Patriot

shark is a glorious beacon of lightshark is a glorious beacon of lightshark is a glorious beacon of lightshark is a glorious beacon of lightshark is a glorious beacon of lightshark is a glorious beacon of light

Putting a design on a bowl:

Old 09-30-2013, 06:52 PM   #3229
cjhalbrooks
I am behind you. SHHHHH

First Name: Cory
Location: Under a Bridge, trying to find the troll who stole my soul.
Trading: (20)
Montecristo Army (Active)
cjhalbrooks has a spectacular aura aboutcjhalbrooks has a spectacular aura aboutcjhalbrooks has a spectacular aura about

Pic taken by my mom
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (28.7 KB, 189 views)

GMCGTPWHAF Tennessee Chapter. Down with the bloody BIG HEAD
cjhalbrooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 12:39 PM   #3230
Steve
Dad Jokester Supreme

First Name: Steve
Trading: (6)
HdM
Steve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud of

Old 10-04-2013, 06:10 PM   #3231
OLS
Suck It

Woke up early a few weeks ago and drove across the river, did a lil tresspassing and got this shot.

Sunrise on the Mississippi by Brad-(OLS), on Flickr
Old 10-04-2013, 06:45 PM   #3232
Porch Dweller
Life is for living

First Name: James
Trading: (24)
Bolivar AirForce (Retired)
Porch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to behold

Great pic, Brad.
Old 10-06-2013, 05:05 PM   #3233
OLS
Suck It

This is a great pic with a lesson for ALL my pals....make sure to read the interstitial text between these two photos....

JEN 2, and why you ALWAYS check your settings. by Brad-(OLS), on Flickr

Nikon D200, Nikkor 85mm f/2
This is why you ALWAYS, ALWAYS, ALWAYS set up your camera before you shoot. If a fighter jet flies over and
you pop your camera on and up to shoot a quick shot, OK, do what you have to. But when you intend to fill your
memory card with 450 shots of the same thing, NEVER EVER leave your camera settings from the night before.
I was shooting a musician in a downstairs, dimly lit club in downtown Memphis, and had the ISO cranked to 1600,
which is EASILY twice what the D200 can handle without a lot of noise. But I had to do it or miss all the shots,
which i barely escaped with anyway. 10-20% success rate under those conditions. But I got ENOUGH to save it.
But then the next day, I was shooting in broad daylight, and I LEFT THE DAMN CAMERA set to 1600 ISO. I had a
super-choice Nikkor 85mm f/2 cranked onto it, which is a bokeh masterpiece, and delivers the sweetest portraits
you can imagine. Well, unless of course, you leave you camera crippled for the whole day. This is a great shot,
but look close.....just wrecked by noise. Of course, if you look TOO CLOSE, you won't CARE about the noise.

This next shot was the saving grace....I NEVER shoot anything good without a second camera.
I had a D90 with a 50mm 1.8 on it, and I shot a large pile of pics of this gorgeous lil monkey
with it, so while the best SHOTS are ruined by noise, the DAY was saved by the humble D90
and 50mm lens. See below. And see more of her here

Jen by Brad-(OLS), on Flickr

Last edited by OLS; 10-06-2013 at 05:12 PM.
Old 10-06-2013, 06:46 PM   #3234
shark
Cigar Smokin' Patriot

Old 10-06-2013, 06:47 PM   #3235
shark
Cigar Smokin' Patriot

Old 10-06-2013, 06:49 PM   #3236
shark
Cigar Smokin' Patriot

Old 10-06-2013, 07:25 PM   #3237
emopunker2004
Central Fla rollin

First Name: Justin
Trading: (46)
HdM
emopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to all

Brad D90>D200 for iq
Old 10-07-2013, 09:08 AM   #3238
Will herf for food

First Name: Mike
Trading: (9)
VR
357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold

Love the fall colors in Michigan, Ron. Brad, that girl's not so tough on the eyes either. Good work capturing her.
Old 10-07-2013, 03:50 PM   #3239
OLS
Suck It

Quote:
Originally Posted by emopunker2004 View Post
Brad D90>D200 for iq
YES, but short of carrying TWO D90s (which I can do, lol) you can't worry about IQ. Especially when
your D200 will mount any AI, AIS, AF, AF-D and AF-G lens in the bag, AND METER with them.
When I pull out a 1970s 85mm lens and start shooting away, the D200 has no reason to hang it's head in
shame, because the better images are coming from the D200 oftentimes. I just screwed up leaving my
ISO about pegged. MANYS the time I have come in here and told you and others about how I failed
to clear my head at the beginning of a shoot. HELL, my first 200 D90/50mm1.8 images were
WHITE, because I accidentally and inexplicably bump-moved the mode dial from A-priority to M and
wasn't checking in on the LCD often enough. Luckily her set was only half over, but I got some
STUNNING shots of this hot lil monkey and they were ALL blown out white. I finally chimped the pics
and saw what I had done and set everything up right. And I had lots of time to re-cap a lot of that
stuff. Sadly though, everything looked normal on the D200 LCD and I didn't see my huge error or even
think about it til I got home. I threw some Photoshop noise reduction on it, busted it with some curves,
and am not angry about it anymore. But I was furious Satuday night.
Old 10-07-2013, 03:54 PM   #3240
OLS
Suck It

Quote:
Originally Posted by emopunker2004 View Post
Brad D90>D200 for iq
Above is the long answer. Short answer.....DUH.