Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Cigar Discussion > All Cigar Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 07-11-2009, 12:21 PM   #21
Biglizard1
LLG turned CAI

First Name: David
Trading: (8)
Montecristo
Biglizard1 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: BOO to the weekly cigar

I really like the part in his post of liking the app and will pay for it when he fully evaluates it.....

I have some TP for him to evaluate too that I didn't care for...
Old 09-23-2009, 05:45 PM   #22
jbrookeiv

Hey guys,

I was alerted to the fact that I was getting bashed on some online forums by the guys at Cuban Crafters today (where I now work) and wanted to come on here and clear my name.

First and foremost, I apologize for stealing the apps. I tried to reconcile with Ken by offering to place an ad to his application on my site, but never got a response. I feel as though I properly apologized for what I did.

Second, Bryan, thank you for going behind my back and bashing my site instead of contacting me with your opinion. That was an extremely low move in my opinion. I have been nothing but nice to you and have supported your site with regular visits. On top of bashing me on here, you contact my employer about how my reputation in the business is tarnished because I "stole products and bragged about it". Very uncool.

Last, how many of you guys have downloaded a song or movie illegally? I'm not a religious person, but I think the phrase "Let He Who Is Without Sin Cast The First Stone" is appropriate here. I'd love to get to know you guys and become a member of these forums, but feel as though I have been misrepresented and therefore am not welcome.

Anyways, I just wanted to say my piece and move on with my life.

Old 09-23-2009, 06:00 PM   #23
captain53
Have My Own Room

First Name: Dave
Trading: (3)
captain53 will become famous soon enough

So you are a sorry thief is what you are saying but it's ok because you are not the only thief.
Old 09-23-2009, 06:17 PM   #24
Scottastic
ROFLCOPTER

First Name: Scott
Trading: (8)
Partagas
Scottastic will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrookeiv View Post
Hey guys,

I was alerted to the fact that I was getting bashed on some online forums by the guys at Cuban Crafters today (where I now work) and wanted to come on here and clear my name.

First and foremost, I apologize for stealing the apps. I tried to reconcile with Ken by offering to place an ad to his application on my site, but never got a response. I feel as though I properly apologized for what I did.

Second, Bryan, thank you for going behind my back and bashing my site instead of contacting me with your opinion. That was an extremely low move in my opinion. I have been nothing but nice to you and have supported your site with regular visits. On top of bashing me on here, you contact my employer about how my reputation in the business is tarnished because I "stole products and bragged about it". Very uncool.

Last, how many of you guys have downloaded a song or movie illegally? I'm not a religious person, but I think the phrase "Let He Who Is Without Sin Cast The First Stone" is appropriate here. I'd love to get to know you guys and become a member of these forums, but feel as though I have been misrepresented and therefore am not welcome.

Anyways, I just wanted to say my piece and move on with my life.

This goes a couple ways with me...

Firstly, you're right. I, personally, did download music illegally - quite a bit of it. When I was 13-15. I have since avoided any and all illegal downloading, because I realise that I am hurting the people that created the content.

Alternatively, as an avid iPhone, Blackberry and Android user, not having the right to "refund" app purchases on the iPhone bothers me. In the Android market, you have 24 hours to decide that you don't want the app you've just downloaded, and can return it for a full refund. This has saved me a lot of money, and I generally shy away from apps on my iPhone because of it.

But that's just not the way the marketplace on the iPhone works. You know this when you buy an iPhone. And in the case that you don't, you find out pretty quick. Besides, if you used the app enough to write a review for it (and presumably have been paid for said review) then you have "evaluated" it enough to purchase it.

I don't want to crucify you on these boards. We all make mistakes, but what separates the good from the bad is whether you learn from them and correct the behavior. Offering free add space does not qualify: saying you were wrong and not doing it again does.

Professional window licker on the short bus.
Old 09-23-2009, 06:23 PM   #25
Col. Kurtz
Have My Own Room

First Name: Jerry
Trading: (26)
RA
Col. Kurtz has a spectacular aura aboutCol. Kurtz has a spectacular aura aboutCol. Kurtz has a spectacular aura about

Johnny Capluto, is that you?
Old 09-23-2009, 06:30 PM   #26
pnoon
YNWA

First Name: Peter
Trading: (20)
RA
pnoon has disabled reputation

Quote:
I "stole products and bragged about it". Very uncool.
I agree.

And I also happen to think that the only reason you apologized and retracted your statement is because you were called out.

The community here is a forgiving bunch. But it all depends on how you handle yourself. Certainly not a good first impression. But I have seen folks rebound from worse.

Good luck.
Old 09-23-2009, 06:32 PM   #27
kaelaria
Cigarobsession.com Baby!

First Name: Bryan
HUpmann
kaelaria is on a distinguished road

Now here's the rest of the story which is of even greater interest.

It appears that he might have impersonated his employer, Alberto Noguera tonight, the National Sales Director of Cuban Crafters, and until recently the person who was handling the Cuban Crafters Facebook page.

I was not aware of the fact that Johnny Brooke was recently employed by them and had taken over operations of the CC FB page.

Tonight, 'Cuban Crafters' (who is now Johnny) posted a Weekly Cigar beer review video on the CC page. It cought my attention#1 because it had nothing to do with cigars or CC, and #2 because it was TWC. I have a relationship with Alberto with respect to reviewing several products for him, and have communicated many times with him over the past few months via email and on the phone. He is a man of dedication and respect for his craft, taking great interest and pride in his work, products and company name. He is a man of integrity.

As his friend, I sent what I thought was him, a private message through facebook, simply warning him of the goings on regarding Johnny and the THEFT of product.

I then got a reply from 'Cuban Crafters' acting shocked and surprised asking for the details, obviously very concerned. I replied with a link to this thread (which Johnny already knew about back when this happened). 'Cuban Crafters' then replied with a response that immediately let me know that was NOT Alberto I was speaking to. Further investigation showed Johnny as being hired by them just a couple days ago to handle the Cuban Crafters Facebook and Twiiter accounts.

That also explains why I was turned down for review of product through a facebook message, which didn't make any sense.

Here is the exact exchange tonight, which I doubt Alberto has any knowledge of, at least until he reads his person email and calls me in a bit, since I figured this out before Johnny replied to this thread tonight.

Might want to think about supporting The Weekly Cigar
Between Cuban Crafters Cigars and You

Bryan Glynn September 23 at 6:18pm
Just a word of caution - Johnny, the guy behind The Weekly Cigar - doesn't have a very good reputation in the community. He stole some products for reviews a few months ago and actually bragged about it. There was a big stink about it on the forums and he didn't even apologize for it. I only tell you this because I see you just put up a link to one of his videos.

Cuban Crafters Cigars September 23 at 60pm
Stole products for review? Can you give me the details? Which forums?

Bryan Glynn September 23 at 6:34pm
http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=18233 here's one of them. I let the owner of one of the software products know, since we are acquaintances online as well. Needless to say he was NOT thrilled and contacted Johnny also. Johnny actually had the nerve to hen not pull the review or even apologize for doing it - he apologized for TELLING people he did it!

After that I removed the links I had to his site from mine and blocked him from my pages. I do not associate with people of that caliber.

Cuban Crafters Cigars September 23 at 6:38pm
If you read his original post, he did explain his reasoning. Honestly, I don't encourage that type of flaming. It's a difference of opinions, and it doesn't warrant bashing people behind their backs. It's the same as downloading music IMO.

My actions here are 100% because I do NOT, as I have stated above - condone theft of product like that. ESPECIALLY of a fellow BOTL! I thought and still think that Cuban Crafters would want to know exactly what they are getting as far as connecting someone to their company name and internet presence like that.

NOW after tonights exchange and apparent impersonation I am a little dumbfounded.

Last edited by kaelaria; 09-23-2009 at 06:39 PM.
Old 09-23-2009, 06:33 PM   #28
KenS
When do I get my meds?

Trading: (26)
Partagas
KenS has a spectacular aura aboutKenS has a spectacular aura about

For what it's worth, I did receive an apology on this topic, and don't think this is worth piling on. I think the point was made, and the point was taken in a reasonable way.

Of course, I also know this is not about me, but thought I'd chime in since my name was brought up again on the topic. I had truly forgotten about this issue, and it seems a shame to light the fire again...

Let's go have a cigar, shall we?
Old 09-23-2009, 06:38 PM   #29
jbrookeiv

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaelaria View Post
Now here's the rest of the story which is of even greater interest.

It appears that he might have impersonated his employer, Alberto Noguera tonight, the National Sales Director of Cuban Crafters, and until recently the person who was handling the Cuban Crafters Facebook page.

I was not aware of the fact that Johnny Brooke was recently employed by them and had taken over operations of the CC FB page.

Tonight, 'Cuban Crafters' (who is now Johnny) posted a Weekly Cigar beer review video on the CC page. It cought my attention#1 because it had nothing to do with cigars or CC, and #2 because it was TWC. I have a relationship with Alberto with respect to reviewing several products for him, and have communicated many times with him over the past few months via email and on the phone. He is a man of dedication and respect for his craft, taking great interest and pride in his work, products and company name. He is a man of integrity.

As his friend, I sent what I thought was him, a private message through facebook, simply warning him of the goings on regarding Johnny and the THEFT of product.

I then got a reply from 'Cuban Crafters' acting shocked and surprised asking for the details, obviously very concerned. I replied with a link to this thread (which Johnny already knew about back when this happened). 'Cuban Crafters' then replied with a response that immediately let me know that was NOT Alberto I was speaking to. Further investigation showed Johnny as being hired by them just a couple days ago to handle the Cuban Crafters Facebook and Twiiter accounts.

That also explains why I was turned down for review of product, which didn't make any sense.

Here is the exact exchange tonight, which I doubt Albert has any knowledge of, at least until he reads his person email and calls me in a bit, since I figured this out before Johnny replied to this thread tonight.

Might want to think about supporting The Weekly Cigar
Between Cuban Crafters Cigars and You

Bryan Glynn September 23 at 6:18pm
Just a word of caution - Johnny, the guy behind The Weekly Cigar - doesn't have a very good reputation in the community. He stole some products for reviews a few months ago and actually bragged about it. There was a big stink about it on the forums and he didn't even apologize for it. I only tell you this because I see you just put up a link to one of his videos.

Cuban Crafters Cigars September 23 at 60pm
Stole products for review? Can you give me the details? Which forums?

Bryan Glynn September 23 at 6:34pm
http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=18233 here's one of them. I let the owner of one of the software products know, since we are acquaintances online as well. Needless to say he was NOT thrilled and contacted Johnny also. Johnny actually had the nerve to hen not pull the review or even apologize for doing it - he apologized for TELLING people he did it!

After that I removed the links I had to his site from mine and blocked him from my pages. I do not associate with people of that caliber.

Cuban Crafters Cigars September 23 at 6:38pm
If you read his original post, he did explain his reasoning. Honestly, I don't encourage that type of flaming. It's a difference of opinions, and it doesn't warrant bashing people behind their backs. It's the same as downloading music IMO.

My actions here are 100% because I do NOT, as I have stated above - condone theft of product like that. ESPECIALLY of a fellow BOTL! I thought and still think that Cuban Crafters would want to know exactly what they are getting as far as connecting someone to their company name and internet presence like that.

NOW after tonights exchange and apparent impersonation I am a little dumbfounded.
I did not impersonate Alberto Noeguerra. I was sitting with Jose Bermudez (who also manages their Facebook) when we received that comment, and I discussed it with him and we replied. I will be managing their Facebook account from here on out.

Also, I had no knowledge of this thread before today. Jose and I were both interested to hear your side of the story. That is the truth.

Last, when did we turn you down to review a product? Are you talking about the J. L. Salazars? Bryan, honestly we need to move past this. We are going to be running in the same social circles, and I can't have you blindly accusing me of things that aren't true. The entire post above is riddled with false accusations.

Old 09-23-2009, 06:39 PM   #30
Eleven
Solid As The Sun

First Name: Scott
Trading: (23)
Eleven has a spectacular aura aboutEleven has a spectacular aura aboutEleven has a spectacular aura about

What a great thread!

Hey are there any cigar apps for Blackberry out there? I promise not to steal them if they exist!

CA: putting the 'man' in bromance since 2008! --markem.
Old 09-23-2009, 06:41 PM   #31
pnoon
YNWA

RA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleven View Post
What a great thread!

Hey are there any cigar apps for Blackberry out there? I promise not to steal them if they exist!
Sorry Scott. I disagree. This thread is not what Cigar Asylum is about.

Bry Bry and Lil' Johnny have made their points and it's time to move on.
Old 09-23-2009, 06:42 PM   #32
kaelaria
Cigarobsession.com Baby!

First Name: Bryan
HUpmann
kaelaria is on a distinguished road

Save your comments to me Johnny, I'll be speaking with Alberto directly from now on via email.
Old 09-23-2009, 06:42 PM   #33
jbrookeiv

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenS View Post
For what it's worth, I did receive an apology on this topic, and don't think this is worth piling on. I think the point was made, and the point was taken in a reasonable way.

Of course, I also know this is not about me, but thought I'd chime in since my name was brought up again on the topic. I had truly forgotten about this issue, and it seems a shame to light the fire again...

Let's go have a cigar, shall we?
Agreed. I would like to move past this, and the only reason I revived this topic is because there still seems to be some bad blood between Bryan and I.

Old 09-23-2009, 06:43 PM   #34
pnoon
YNWA

RA

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaelaria View Post
Save your comments to me Johnny, I'll be speaking with Alberto directly from now on via email.
Quote:
Agreed. I would like to move past this, and the only reason I revived this topic is because there still seems to be some bad blood between Bryan and I.
I guess we're done here.
Closed Thread