Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Wine, Beer, and Spirits

Old 12-10-2023, 05:49 AM   #3681
Chainsaw13
Møøse bites can be nasty

First Name: Bob
Trading: (96)
Bolivar
Chainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: The Bourbon Thread!!

I wish stores around me did lotteries/raffles for the really htf stuff. I like that atmosphere, standing around dreaming of what you’re going to pick if your number gets called.

Tried the Baker’s yesterday. Reminds me very much of Bookers. Really enjoyed it.
Old 12-11-2023, 08:09 AM   #3682
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (60)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation

Nice pickups, Bob and Peter!

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
icehog3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2023, 10:03 AM   #3683
stearns
Dogbert Consultant

First Name: Ben
Trading: (50)
RA
stearns is a name known to allstearns is a name known to allstearns is a name known to allstearns is a name known to allstearns is a name known to allstearns is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by physiognomy View Post
Not sure I’ve tried the ‘new’ SiB Bakers, Bob. Interested to hear what you think. The ‘old’ small batch bottles were generally great, imo.

Stood around in the cold this morning waiting to spin the whiskey wheel. Passed time sharing a couple Montes & Coffee BCBS with Ben. Good times!

I tried to get Josh to give me a store pick but I got stuck with a shelfer single barrel. Not bad for hanging outside with a beer and cigar for an hour then inside for another 30. Hoping some other releases get announced for around christmas
Old 12-12-2023, 07:18 AM   #3684
Chainsaw13
Møøse bites can be nasty

Bolivar
Chainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to behold

Stopped by my local store this morning. Nothing new on the shelves, but the owner gave me the scoop on their Blantons SP. next week Wednesday.
Old 12-12-2023, 11:26 AM   #3685
Chainsaw13
Møøse bites can be nasty

Bolivar

Trying the Bakers 7 again this afternoon. Really enjoying it.
Old 12-12-2023, 11:52 AM   #3686
stearns
Dogbert Consultant

RA
stearns is a name known to allstearns is a name known to allstearns is a name known to allstearns is a name known to allstearns is a name known to allstearns is a name known to all

Haven't had a pour of Bakers 7 in a while, I remember it being super nutty, not my style exactly but it could have been a one off bottle. I've heard the 13 is delicious, I tried a sample of Binny's pick from a couple years ago and it wasn't my jam either
Old 12-12-2023, 12:13 PM   #3687
Chainsaw13
Møøse bites can be nasty

Bolivar

It’s definitely got that nuttiness, Ben. I’m still a newb at this. But I’d call this Bookers light. Similar flavor profile, but less proof.
Old 12-13-2023, 08:11 AM   #3688
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

Yup, Baker's has that Beam peanut funk, just like many of the Booker's. I almost traded for one of the Binny's 13 Years, Ben made me glad I didn't.

Going to have my first taste of Duke soon, a good friend on another board sent me the Founders Reserve. I had never seen Duke in my area, of course later in the day I see a different variation in one of my regular stops. Anyone had any of their whiskeys?

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
Old 12-13-2023, 08:55 AM   #3689
stearns
Dogbert Consultant

RA

Never heard of that one, but 10 year KY bourbon can't be too bad
Old 12-13-2023, 11:09 AM   #3690
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

Quote:
Originally Posted by stearns View Post
Never heard of that one, but 10 year KY bourbon can't be too bad
I am hoping so, my friend says he knows little to nothing about bourbon and he hopes I like it. He's a good man.

I got the Christmas call from Binny's for the first time. I'm pretty excited. My first Van Winkle.

Old 12-13-2023, 12:02 PM   #3691
Chainsaw13
Møøse bites can be nasty

Bolivar

Quote:
Originally Posted by icehog3 View Post
I am hoping so, my friend says he knows little to nothing about bourbon and he hopes I like it. He's a good man.

I got the Christmas call from Binny's for the first time. I'm pretty excited. My first Van Winkle.

I’m headed west on 94 in just about 15 minutes.

Awesome score.
Old 12-13-2023, 01:35 PM   #3692
jledou
Have My Own Room

First Name: Jay
Trading: (27)
Punch
jledou has a spectacular aura aboutjledou has a spectacular aura aboutjledou has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Yup, Baker's has that Beam peanut funk, just like many of the Booker's. I almost traded for one of the Binny's 13 Years, Ben made me glad I didn't.

Going to have my first taste of Duke soon, a good friend on another board sent me the Founders Reserve. I had never seen Duke in my area, of course later in the day I see a different variation in one of my regular stops. Anyone had any of their whiskeys?

Have not tried a Duke before so interesting to see how it turns out.
jledou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2023, 04:31 PM   #3693
Black Coral
Have My Own Room

First Name: John
Trading: (11)
Cohiba
Black Coral is a jewel in the roughBlack Coral is a jewel in the roughBlack Coral is a jewel in the roughBlack Coral is a jewel in the rough

Quote:

Fricking awesome
Black Coral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2023, 12:35 AM   #3694
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainsaw13 View Post

Awesome score.
You're always welcome Bob, if you get here before February we'll open it up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jledou View Post
Have not tried a Duke before so interesting to see how it turns out.
I will definitely let you know, Jay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Coral View Post
Fricking awesome
We can open it in February unless Bob gets here before then!

Old 12-14-2023, 07:30 AM   #3695
stearns
Dogbert Consultant

RA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainsaw13 View Post
Can you pick me up on the way?
Old 12-14-2023, 07:55 AM   #3696
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

I'm putting out the peanuts and bourbon glasses. 3, correct?

Old 12-15-2023, 10:49 AM   #3697
Chainsaw13
Møøse bites can be nasty

Bolivar

Dayum! My local B&M has an OF BP SP that just dropped. Too bad I just spent a bunch of money on a quick trip to PHX.
Old 12-15-2023, 02:06 PM   #3698
Beagleone
Feeling at Home

Trading: (18)
JL
Beagleone will become famous soon enough

So a Costco store in north Fort Worth that has a liquor store attached to it, had some good things this morning at opening. The store is about 20 minute away from my house, so not too close, especially with traffic. They had various cases of Pappys, BTAC, Blantons gold, ER and a few other HTF allocated bourbons. This wasn't announced ahead of time, so when word got out, people scrambled to get there. Within 45 minutes everything was gone. Costco had a corporate rep there to monitor everything. They kicked people out of line if they had purchased a bottle, gone out to the car, changed outfits and came back for more. They also took note of everyone's Costco cards to prevent people getting more than one bottle. They have done this at a north Dallas store, but pulled away because that store was known for bottles to be held back for friends of the managers/employees. Since it was Costco's, the prices were considerably lower that Specs or TW.

I, unfortunately, had to work.
Old 12-15-2023, 02:56 PM   #3699
physiognomy
Feeling at Home

Trading: (18)
ERdM
physiognomy will become famous soon enough

Know how you feel, Tony. I have done pretty well getting away at short notice, but watched on most of the year. Better for my thin wallet. Ive never seen unobtainable bottles released at our CostCo stores but they do have great prices on some solid bottles.
physiognomy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2023, 11:55 AM   #3700
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

Tony, what a great story right up until the end. Booooo!

Bob, did you take notice of the stats (floor, proof)? Love those OFBSSB when they're on.