Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Accessory Discussion / Reviews

Old 12-12-2010, 03:38 AM   #21
dwoodward
Gentlemen, you may smoke!

First Name: Derrick
Trading: (26)
HUpmann
dwoodward will become famous soon enoughdwoodward will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Chasidor Humidor Makes Good!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Fernando View Post
What will the ToE do with this? I mean, not too long ago Coastietech got banned because he didn't send out two samplers, didn't reply mails. He made it right, shipped out the samplers and returned the money but still got banned.

Now don't get me wrong, I am not asking for a ban for Chasden. I just want everybody to be treated the same, and if Chasden can get away with it, Coastietech's ban should be reversed imho.

I haven't heard about this Coastietech till now, but yeah. I agree if this is the case. Nobody likes double standards.
dwoodward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 06:17 AM   #22
bopmachine

I've heard alot of complaints about Chassidor. TBH it seems like he only makes good if you complain loud enough. Thats simply not good customer service. I recently had a humi made by waxing moon, and even though there was some delay Ed never once ignored an email. I think with artisans some degree of leeway is needed, but to simply ignore until you complain in public…. poor show.
Old 12-12-2010, 06:29 AM   #23
14holestogie
Serial banter killer

First Name: Tim
Trading: (52)
Partagas
14holestogie is a splendid one to behold14holestogie is a splendid one to behold14holestogie is a splendid one to behold14holestogie is a splendid one to behold14holestogie is a splendid one to behold14holestogie is a splendid one to behold14holestogie is a splendid one to behold

Unless you have a dog in this fight (I don't), put the flame away.

As far as the moderators doing "their" duty and banning, let's just say every case is different despite what you've seen or read. I'm sure they do not take the use of the ban stick lightly. I trust they will make the right call despite the call for a lynching.
Old 12-12-2010, 08:01 AM   #24
hotreds
Ephesians 2:8

Trading: (63)
Bolivar
hotreds has disabled reputation

Glad to hear what confirms my faith in Chas!
Old 12-12-2010, 08:15 AM   #25
joeobx
just playing in the storm

First Name: Joe
Trading: (4)
joeobx will become famous soon enough

:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14holestogie View Post

As far as the moderators doing "their" duty and banning, let's just say every case is different despite what you've seen or read. I'm sure they do not take the use of the ban stick lightly. I trust they will make the right call despite the call for a lynching.
Old 12-12-2010, 08:50 AM   #26
Whynot
Living the dream...

First Name: Aaron
Trading: (11)
Cohiba AirForce (Active)
Whynot is on a distinguished road

My only bit of unsolicited( and probably unwanted) input, is that part of running a sound business is knowing when you have taken on enough work and letting people up front know what kind of delay they are looking at. Greed or simply pride can lead people in over their heads very quickly.
Old 12-12-2010, 10:05 AM   #27
Brutus2600
Your resident lancerHO

First Name: Brian
Trading: (46)
LGC
Brutus2600 has a spectacular aura aboutBrutus2600 has a spectacular aura aboutBrutus2600 has a spectacular aura about

I thought we've established that once chas received an email he responds and he wasn't responding to website emails because of some technical difficulty, if you're not receiving an email, you aren't ignoring somebody.

This and the coastietech issue aren't the same IMO. IIRC coastietech asked for a ban and it was granted
Brutus2600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 12:02 PM   #28
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (60)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Fernando View Post
What will the ToE do with this? I mean, not too long ago Coastietech got banned because he didn't send out two samplers, didn't reply mails. He made it right, shipped out the samplers and returned the money but still got banned.

Now don't get me wrong, I am not asking for a ban for Chasden. I just want everybody to be treated the same, and if Chasden can get away with it, Coastietech's ban should be reversed imho.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwoodward View Post

I haven't heard about this Coastietech till now, but yeah. I agree if this is the case. Nobody likes double standards.
Thank you both for your input.

There is no double standard. Derrick, you yourself say you haven't even heard of coastietech until now, so why do you feel the need to jump on a bandwagon you know nothing about?

There were some big differences in these two situations, and believe it or not, not all of it was made public to avoid further piling on and flaming of Joe.

If one feels like the ToE are arbitrary, or talking out of both sides of their mouths, then perhaps this isn't the place for them.

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
icehog3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 12:33 PM   #29
Ogre
****CENSORED****

First Name: Larry
Montecristo
Ogre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by bopmachine View Post
I've heard alot of complaints about Chassidor. TBH it seems like he only makes good if you complain loud enough. Thats simply not good customer service. I recently had a humi made by waxing moon, and even though there was some delay Ed never once ignored an email. I think with artisans some degree of leeway is needed, but to simply ignore until you complain in public…. poor show.
I am not going to try and make excuses for Chuck but I have a vested interest in this thread. I placed an order with Chuck right after he went FULL TIME making these drawers. He has had a number of hurdles to deal with. I dont know if anyone here has ever started a business themselves but it is not easy. He had problems with some new equipment, cut the tip of his finger off and when the website came online he was not getting all of his emails. I will say this, when chuck started this business he was doing it part time and told everyone the time involved in making these drawers. Taking the shop full time he was overloaded with orders. He is a one man shop and between the start-up bumps in the road and overloaded with orders he has fallen behind. If you read his updates he has stopped taking stained orders for the near future so he can get caught up on his current needs. I am willing to give this man some slack in getting me my drawers. It is not in his control if the emails are not being delivered and all of us have had equipment issues in our lives. Just my on this issue. I was able to get in contact with chuck after I get a different email for him and he responded the next morning. Just give the man a little time to get a new business up and running. At least he is not trying to get a hand out like allot of other people are doing.
Ogre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 01:05 PM   #30
bobarian
Cranky Habanophile

Trading: (51)
ERdM
bobarian has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14holestogie View Post

Each situation is dealt with individually. Comparing them is completely irrelevant as are unsolicited comments from those who have no vested interested. I am confident in how things are handled by the TOE. A new email address has been given for Chasden and those with issues can message him again and deal with it via pm with the mods.
bobarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 01:26 PM   #31
Brad

Custom, handmade products, take a while to produce. You aren’t buying something that’s being churned out of a factory that has millions of dollars worth of assets and resources.

One of my other hobbies, besides cigars, is firearms. If you want to order a holster from Milt Sparks, or Matt DelFatti, you better be prepared to wait. About 6 months for Sparks, and that’s with a team of 4 full time guys. DelFatti, about 2 years! Heck, in this example, Milt Sparks only accepts X amount of orders per month, and no more. In some cases, like DelFatti, they just quit accepting new orders all together, for months at a time. Demand can be very high for goods like this, no matter the price.

Companies that provide custom good are fairly unique, you can’t run an ad on CareerBuilder and hire Joe Blow at $10/hour to do this kind of work. Most of the guys in businesses like this have been doing it years, are master craftsmen, and it’s not something you can teach someone how to do in 2 weeks. I would imagine it’s even harder with Chas, because he’s a one man show. Running a full time business, plus doing all the crafting of the product, purchasing the raw materials to make it, shipping, answering emails, order management, keep the books in line, etc, etc, can be very overwhelming for just 1 person.

I don’t see long waits as a mark of bad customer service when you’re dealing with this type of product, it’s expected, and if it’s something you can’t live with, you can always head down to Walmart.
Old 12-12-2010, 01:51 PM   #32
Sauer Grapes
Snatchin' yo people up

Trading: (44)
Cohiba
Sauer Grapes has disabled reputation

I emailed him yesterday at the new email address, so we will see what happens when/if he responds. I'm not doubting that he was having issues, but if he wasn't receiving emails for over three months, don't you think he'd realize that sooner and post something on his website or fix it?

I do think that in most cases, we should stop calling these custom products. It's more of a manufacturing line since the vast majority of his orders are not custom but from set options he gives, and set sizes. Very few of the orders we are complaining about were truly "custom."
Sauer Grapes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 02:29 PM   #33
thebayratt
Still Watching My Ash

First Name: Shawn
RA
thebayratt will become famous soon enoughthebayratt will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad View Post
.....only accepts X amount of orders per month, and no more......
That is a good idea that maybe Chuck should look into.

But like what was mentioned earlier, the stained fronts (that held him up) are no longer going to be produced.
I have an order of stained fronts that I have been waiting on for four months now. I have not emailed him yet, but if I don't see them by Christmas/New Years, he will be getting an email!

What aggrevates me is; twice (Nov 8th & Nov 19th) he posted the stained fronts would be ready in 7-10 days..... Those two 7-10 periods are way up and he puts up another post on his site saying
Quote:
Over the last 2 days I have devoted my time in the spray booth and concentrated on finishing up the stained and exotic units. About 1/2 of the stained units will be ready to line with cedar this weekend and ready to ship early next week. The other 1/2 should be about 4-5 days behind them.
I tottally understand that hand made things take time. I was going to build these myself earlier this year, but the cost of just the wood would be more than ordering straight from Chuck. So, I went his way. I understand he does like orders together, but it seemed for a while he completely skipped the stained units all together. Equipment failure/finger injury is what held everything up, from what I understand. But there needs to be a time when you got to stop and look at whats building up on your plate and possibly look at stopping any new orders.
I guess thats why he has an order update section on his site, so he won't have to stop taking orders.

I see "smll2" has gotten his order (with stained fronts) in and is happy. My order # is just a few off from his (stained fronts also). Hopefully I should have mine this week, or the first part of next week.

Once he gets all the stained front orders shipped and mainly does the natural stuff, those orders should go out alot faster and smoother.
thebayratt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 04:49 PM   #34
Sauer Grapes
Snatchin' yo people up

Trading: (44)
Cohiba
Sauer Grapes has disabled reputation

Chuck emailed me just now with a tracking number. I'm happy about this getting taken care of, and as I said in an earlier post he was an extremely stand up guy in the way he handled my situation in the first place.

Apparently the email posted in this thread is good and he will get it.

Anyway, Chuck has some logistics to work out on his end. No one has every doubted his ability to produce a quality product. The wait is due to the demand, and I'm guessing his switch to the all cedar only is due to trying to keep up with demand. He's kind of a victim of his own success, and just didn't handle the communication end well.
Sauer Grapes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 04:53 PM   #35
Ogre
****CENSORED****

First Name: Larry
Montecristo
Ogre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sauer Grapes View Post
Chuck emailed me just now with a tracking number. I'm happy about this getting taken care of, and as I said in an earlier post he was an extremely stand up guy in the way he handled my situation in the first place.

Apparently the email posted in this thread is good and he will get it.

Anyway, Chuck has some logistics to work out on his end. No one has every doubted his ability to produce a quality product. The wait is due to the demand, and I'm guessing his switch to the all cedar only is due to trying to keep up with demand. He's kind of a victim of his own success, and just didn't handle the communication end well.
You had better post pics when it arrives. Cant wait to see it.
Ogre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 08:20 AM   #36
Krish the Fish
Still Watching My Back

First Name: Krishna
Trading: (2)
Trinidad
Krish the Fish is on a distinguished road

I got ahold of Chuck using the email in this thread. He said that the stained fronts are complete, and they'll get assembled this weekend. He also said if any of them get a marred stain in assembly, then they will have to get re-sprayed, and then they'd have to dry for 4-5 days after that before they get shipped out.

Soon, my brothers. Soon we will have our long-awaited goods.
Krish the Fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 02:48 PM   #37
Krish the Fish
Still Watching My Back

Trinidad

PS: an update... just got confirmation that my order shipped. I should have my trays and shelves tomorrow. If you haven't gotten your stained trays yet or didn't get confirmation of shipping, they should be almost done or ready to be shipped soon.

Good luck to the rest of us that are waiting.
Old 01-12-2011, 03:04 PM   #38
thebayratt
Still Watching My Ash

First Name: Shawn
RA
thebayratt will become famous soon enoughthebayratt will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krish the Fish View Post
PS: an update... just got confirmation that my order shipped. I should have my trays and shelves tomorrow. If you haven't gotten your stained trays yet or didn't get confirmation of shipping, they should be almost done or ready to be shipped soon.

Good luck to the rest of us that are waiting.
Awesome! Glad to hear someone is getting stained units!!

What was yur order#?
thebayratt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 03:56 PM   #39
whodeeni

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebayratt View Post
Awesome! Glad to hear someone is getting stained units!!

What's yur order#?
I have a feeling this is gonna become the recurring theme of this thread!

Way to get things handled Chuck....
Old 01-12-2011, 04:25 PM   #40
Krish the Fish
Still Watching My Back

Trinidad

I was order number 370, from July 9th (!!!)