Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Island (The other ones) Reviews

Old 06-25-2012, 07:46 AM   #1
688sonarmen
Shipmate!

First Name: Jake
Trading: (17)
Bolivar Navy (Active)
688sonarmen is just really nice688sonarmen is just really nice688sonarmen is just really nice688sonarmen is just really nice
Default MCW Liga I Belicoso

MCW Liga I Belicoso
6 1/8 x 52 (52 measured with my cigar solutions ring gauge tool)
Roll date 7Feb12

Dry wood, some barnyard in the foot. Few small veins over a smooth wrapper with some oil. Very well packed

8:03 am

1st 3rd Lights quick and easy. Standing smoke has a sweet aroma. Initial flavors are anise and some spice on retrohale. Puts off a good amount of smoke while sitting. Nice balance of cream, caramel/anise and spice. The spice increases as the cigar is smoked. I can taste what I think is a good amount of Dominican leaf but there is something else that is familiar but not Nicaraguan. 8: 24 and this is getting complex, all the previous flavors going together well with a citrus note added. Clean flavors make for a short finish.

2nd 3rd Toasty flavors added and flavors mentioned before are full and easily detectable. Beginning to show some youth with ammonia. Gram Cracker, like what is on the bottom of key lime pie, that’s the dominant flavor. At 9:03 I am halfway through.

Last 3rd Spice is the dominant flavor, a little to much and out of balance. Having trouble keeping it lit. But there are good deep flavors here with a creaminess that is blending well with the spice.
End 9:38

Final Thoughts: I was not let down by this cigar. I have to say I really tried to bring out any negative points I could to compensate for the fact that I was gifted 20 cigars. Even with dry boxing for 4 days and then sitting in my humidor for 2 weeks I should have waited a bit more to smoke this. The burn problems at the end are due to the moisture in the cigar finally catching up with the tobacco. This could have contributed to some of the harshness that I was getting at the end. This was a very good cigar that is blended with a lot of thought behind it. The flavors all complement each other and change places through out. There is some youth in it and I would like to smoke one at a later point to see what is hiding behind the spice. In the end I will be buying some MCW again because this cigar meets my current profile. Med bodied full flavored and complex.
688sonarmen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 09:07 AM   #2
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

First Name: Mac
Trading: (218)
Bolivar Army (Retired)
kelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: MCW Liga I Belicoso

Nice review Jake. I'm letting mine rest awhile longer.