Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Island (The other ones) Reviews

Old 08-11-2009, 07:03 PM   #161
EEE

Default Re: blind 10 spot review(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenstogie View Post
Yup that the way to do it. Mix em up.. .put some great inexpensive smokes and some great semi-expensive ones in there. Alway fun to watch people's reviews.
and even some top shelf ones ........ see if guys, not knowing what it is, think it's junk. lol
Old 08-11-2009, 07:32 PM   #162
lou2row

Quote:
Originally Posted by EEE View Post
and even some top shelf ones ........ see if guys, not knowing what it is, think it's junk. lol

I about threw an anejo in the mix to see if you guys could tell, but I take it too personal on expensive cigars when guys dog em out. When guys busted my balls after smoking San Cristobals and Coranados bLF the last time I wasn't real receptive to their opinions any more.
Plus I found ten that I thought (we will see?) would be fun for reviews pretty easily.
Old 08-11-2009, 10:03 PM   #163
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

First Name: Andy
Trading: (4)
Partagas
Starscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by lou2row View Post
I about threw an anejo in the mix to see if you guys could tell, but I take it too personal on expensive cigars when guys dog em out. When guys busted my balls after smoking San Cristobals and Coranados bLF the last time I wasn't real receptive to their opinions any more.
Plus I found ten that I thought (we will see?) would be fun for reviews pretty easily.
I started out smoking almost exclusively Fuente. But my tastes have changed. I've never smoked an Opus or Anejo, but the last good Fuente I smoked (Sungrown Cuban Belicoso) was horrible, so I wouldn't want to think my reviews suck b/c of one stick.

I see your point. I would be a little upset if I was called out on what I thought was a great premium cigar, and the person I sent it to said it sucked.

Insert quote here.
Starscream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 07:14 AM   #164
kenstogie
following the whiterabbit

Trading: (3)
Army (Active)
kenstogie will become famous soon enough

Taste is in the "eye" of the beholder. It's funny but some less expensive stick I enjoy just as much as the top shelf stuff. Tthat's why I think it's great to mix em up... so people can see what they really like not what there supposed to like.
kenstogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 07:12 PM   #165
lou2row

Well, I think a couple of guys were trying to be entertaining critics instead of just reviewing the cigars.
Old 08-12-2009, 09:15 PM   #166
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

First Name: Andy
Trading: (4)
Partagas
Starscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by lou2row View Post
Well, I think a couple of guys were trying to be entertaining critics instead of just reviewing the cigars.
"Not I," said the goat. I try to be as fair as possible. I don't try to impress anyone with my reviews; I just like to share my experiences of good cigars (and some bad ones too).

Insert quote here.
Starscream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 03:52 PM   #167
lou2row

No, this was from a time before. You guys did a great job; that's why I thought it would be fun to continue this. If more people follow it and want to play along next month, you may actually get to smoke a cigar with a band on it before the snow flies!