Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 02-25-2011, 10:32 AM   #1961
Ender
Ok, maybe just one.

First Name: Andrew
Trading: (1)
Partagas
Ender will become famous soon enoughEnder will become famous soon enough
Default Re: First Firearm Thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snkbyt View Post
I saw these grips and had to order them for my Dan Wesson Valor. They should be here hopefully this weekend.
Old 02-25-2011, 11:05 AM   #1962
jdawg
Still Watching My Back

First Name: Jerry
Trading: (2)
Partagas AirForce (Served With Honor)
jdawg is on a distinguished road

Cool looking gun, Alex!
Old 02-25-2011, 03:11 PM   #1963
SNKBYT
PATRIOT and VETERAN

First Name: Alex
Trading: (30)
Partagas Army (Disabled Vet)
SNKBYT is a name known to allSNKBYT is a name known to allSNKBYT is a name known to allSNKBYT is a name known to allSNKBYT is a name known to allSNKBYT is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ender View Post
I saw these grips and had to order them for my Dan Wesson Valor. They should be here hopefully this weekend.
those grips came from "esmeralda grips"............and thanks, the wife says it looks pretty
http://www.esmeralda.cc/
Old 02-25-2011, 05:10 PM   #1964
Wolfgang
Back from the dead

Trading: (14)
HdM
Wolfgang is a jewel in the roughWolfgang is a jewel in the roughWolfgang is a jewel in the roughWolfgang is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by snkbyt View Post
I went from this
Im tired of all these damn slopes! When will I get to take a break from falling??

Old 02-25-2011, 06:12 PM   #1965
replicant_argent
Gravy Boat Winnah.

First Name: Pete
Location: my attorney has advised against giving this information to insane people
Trading: (22)
LGC
replicant_argent is a name known to allreplicant_argent is a name known to allreplicant_argent is a name known to allreplicant_argent is a name known to allreplicant_argent is a name known to allreplicant_argent is a name known to all

Esmereldas grips rock. Wish I had a 1911 to put em on.
Old 02-27-2011, 06:29 PM   #1966
SNKBYT
PATRIOT and VETERAN

SNKBYT is a name known to allSNKBYT is a name known to allSNKBYT is a name known to allSNKBYT is a name known to allSNKBYT is a name known to allSNKBYT is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by replicant_argent View Post
Esmereldas grips rock. Wish I had a 1911 to put em on.
Pete, she makes other grips as well.......Beretta 9mm, Ruger Single Six to name a few
Old 02-27-2011, 06:41 PM   #1967
SNKBYT
PATRIOT and VETERAN

this is my "retirement gift" from the Mrs (ok not this one pictured but close, all the same fixings)
Rem 700 Sniper Rifle in .308
Old 02-27-2011, 07:00 PM   #1968
Barcode
Adjusting to the Life

First Name: Tom
Trading: (16)
RyJ Navy (Served With Honor)
Barcode will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by druturn View Post
Alright fellas, I need some advice from fellow CHL holders. I am about to apply for my CHL as soon as my birthday hits and will be buying a pistol to carry concealed. I have been debating which pistol to carry for probably near a year now. I have been stuck on a 1911 since forever because I love the look, feel, slimness, and shooting abilities of it. I was recently introduced to the H&K USP .45 ACP 12 round and loved the hell out of it. I know that pistol shopping and carrying all comes down to preference, but I want to hear from folks who carry large frame and wide pistols. Is it really that much of a burden to carry a large frame pistol such as this? My father carries an XD 9mm, which from my gathering, appears to be about the same size as the USP and he seems to have no complaints about it. I am a big guy and tend to think that I can handle concealing a large frame pistol fairly easily. This issue also comes down to DA vs. SA. I know that a cocked and locked gun is safe if handled properly. I have been around and using guns since a very young age and am extremely comfortable using nearly all types of firearms. For some reason carrying a cocked and locked 1911 still just scares the bejesus out of me and I would rather carry a loaded and decocked DA USP. Anyways, any thoughts on these issues/questions fellas?
Drew,

I carry a Springfield XD 45C in a Crossbreed Supertuck just about everyday. Whatever gun you decide is right for you I would look into a Crossbreed holster, it is the most comfortable holster I have carried.
Old 03-03-2011, 06:37 AM   #1969
xlc12rf
Still Watching My Back

First Name: Jay
Trading: (3)
xlc12rf is on a distinguished road

Ok gun guys, here goes.

I'll be buying my first house in a few months. I already have a 12 gauge that is kept locked up at my parent's house. I'd like to get a supplemental handgun, and will be taking the course in a month or two. Since money is always a bit tight, I'd like to make a decision on the firearm, so I can save up.

I have my eye on a Sig P239, or a Ruger LC9. I plan on getting the CCW, if the state of CT allows it, so carry size would be of slight concern.

What are your opinions on these? I'm a pretty decent shot with a rifle and shotgun, but I've yet to fire a handgun. I realize the 9mm would be cheaper for me to practice with, should that be weighted heavily?

As you can tell, I'm not much into guns. I'd just like to have the ability, should I really need it, to protect my family. FWIW, I've been plenty exposed to firearms, and used to shoot somewhat regularly when active in the Boy Scouts.
Old 03-03-2011, 08:36 AM   #1970
floydpink
crazy diamond

First Name: Pete
Trading: (17)
Cohiba
floydpink has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by xlc12rf View Post
Ok gun guys, here goes.

I'll be buying my first house in a few months. I already have a 12 gauge that is kept locked up at my parent's house. I'd like to get a supplemental handgun, and will be taking the course in a month or two. Since money is always a bit tight, I'd like to make a decision on the firearm, so I can save up.

I have my eye on a Sig P239, or a Ruger LC9. I plan on getting the CCW, if the state of CT allows it, so carry size would be of slight concern.

What are your opinions on these? I'm a pretty decent shot with a rifle and shotgun, but I've yet to fire a handgun. I realize the 9mm would be cheaper for me to practice with, should that be weighted heavily?

As you can tell, I'm not much into guns. I'd just like to have the ability, should I really need it, to protect my family. FWIW, I've been plenty exposed to firearms, and used to shoot somewhat regularly when active in the Boy Scouts.
Not in my opinion.
Ease of use and ability to save your life should weigh the heaviest.
That's why I will never carry anything besides my Smith 38 snubbie.
Old 03-03-2011, 09:37 AM   #1971
xlc12rf
Still Watching My Back

First Name: Jay
Trading: (3)
xlc12rf is on a distinguished road

The way i figure it: if I am on a limited budget. Would it be better to have more experience with the gun (9mm), or more stopping power?

The sig is available in 9mm, .357, .40S&W
Old 03-03-2011, 09:42 AM   #1972
Will herf for food

First Name: Mike
Trading: (9)
VR
357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
The way i figure it: if I am on a limited budget. Would it be better to have more experience with the gun (9mm), or more stopping power?

My only advice there would be avoid the .357 Sig round. It is not easy to find and rather expensive.
Old 03-03-2011, 09:44 AM   #1973
JaKaacH
ROCK Chalk JAYHAWK K U

First Name: Jeff
Trading: (32)
RA
JaKaacH has disabled reputation

Quote:

See if you can find some place to try out a few different handguns. Some ranges have guns that you can rent/try. See what you can shoot most accurately.
I like all handguns but I'm not very good with revolvers. You may be just the opposite, don't buy until you know..
Old 03-03-2011, 10:14 AM   #1974
bonjing
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Trading: (39)
bonjing has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaKaacH View Post
See if you can find some place to try out a few different handguns. Some ranges have guns that you can rent/try. See what you can shoot most accurately.
I like all handguns but I'm not very good with revolvers. You may be just the opposite, don't buy until you know..
The above! ! ! There is nothing wrong with 9mm especially with the choice of today's ammo.
Old 03-03-2011, 10:48 AM   #1975
gpugliese
B.Y.O.B.

First Name: Greg
Trading: (13)
HUpmann
gpugliese will become famous soon enough

Got my first can in about a month ago, the Pac lite & Ruger a week ago, and just yesterday got a chance to shoot it.

Looks like I've got a new addiction. Later this summer I'll probably start papers on a 9mm or 45acp can.

I'm leaning towards 9mm due to round cost, but 9mm subsonic isn't as common as .45acp subsonic and I'd need to buy a 9mm host gun, whereas if I went .45, I'd just have to get a threaded barrel for my 1911.

I've heard of people shooting 9mm with their .45acp rated can, but I'd be curious about the noise report.
Old 03-03-2011, 11:12 AM   #1976
Will herf for food

First Name: Mike
Trading: (9)
VR
357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold

Suppressors.....sweet.
Old 03-03-2011, 10:24 PM   #1977
gravelman

Thats a great looking setup Greg. I am really diggin the rail on top too! Very cool

Old 03-03-2011, 10:45 PM   #1978
Bill86
Snob

First Name: Bill
Trading: (67)
Cohiba
Bill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to all

Nice Ruger Greg

I'm going to look to get my first can on a 45 I purchase this year.
Old 03-04-2011, 07:34 AM   #1979
hscmit
Have My Own Room

First Name: James
Trading: (4)
Bolivar
hscmit has a spectacular aura abouthscmit has a spectacular aura abouthscmit has a spectacular aura about

very nice 22 setup
Old 03-04-2011, 07:45 AM   #1980
MurphysLaw
Anything can go wrong

First Name: Brian
Trading: (19)
Partagas
MurphysLaw is just really niceMurphysLaw is just really niceMurphysLaw is just really niceMurphysLaw is just really niceMurphysLaw is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammondc View Post
Held one of these yesterday. I will buy one as soon as they are available. Kimber Solo 9mm. Shorter height and length than the Kahr PM9. Damn near the same thickness.
Thats a great looking gun, haven't seen one around, but this might be the only thing that can give my PM9 a run for the money, I love that little gun
Closed Thread