Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Cigar Discussion > All Cigar Discussion

Old 01-12-2011, 09:16 PM   #1
lyle23

Default I hate terrible customer service

I placed an order for some cigars from a company that is supposed to be a reputable distributer. Company will remain nameless for a reason. My order was shipped out on the 7th of december and it has yet to arrive. I have tried time and time again to contact said company and their customer service department insists on continuiously giving me the big finger. They refuse to even give me a "hey we are looking into it" email. That is what is really irking me the most. Even if they tell me at this point im out of luck, fine soo be it, just acknowlege there is a problem. I just contacted them a 6th time. Lets see how this email goes no where. End rant.
Old 01-12-2011, 09:24 PM   #2
hotreds
Ephesians 2:8

Trading: (63)
Bolivar
hotreds has disabled reputation
Default Re: I hate terrible customer service

Good/great customer service should be a given, instead it is a rare thing- I've been ripped off to the tune of $1600 by a company who realize I have no recourse, bottom line. So, believe me, I know hbow you feel, brother!
Old 01-12-2011, 09:25 PM   #3
EricF
Ain't Never Gonna Leave

First Name: Eric
Trading: (116)
RA
EricF is a splendid one to beholdEricF is a splendid one to beholdEricF is a splendid one to beholdEricF is a splendid one to beholdEricF is a splendid one to beholdEricF is a splendid one to beholdEricF is a splendid one to beholdEricF is a splendid one to behold

Just a thought, Did you try to call them? Most companies have customer reps that work past 5pm for us working folks.

Couldn't hurt. Good luck Kevin!
Old 01-12-2011, 09:28 PM   #4
jesseboston81
CC Simple PIF Promoter

First Name: Jesse
Trading: (41)
Bolivar
jesseboston81 is just really nicejesseboston81 is just really nicejesseboston81 is just really nicejesseboston81 is just really nice

Did they ever send you a tracking number? Any chance it could be a problem with the shipping company?
Old 01-12-2011, 09:36 PM   #5
Bill86
Snob

First Name: Bill
Trading: (67)
Cohiba
Bill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to all

This is no good to hear, assuming it isn't anything Cuban I'm not sure it is against the rules to post a bad experience. A say out the vendor.
Bill86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 09:42 PM   #6
elderboy02
Lets Go Buckeyes!

First Name: Dan
Trading: (133)
Bolivar
elderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud of

Out the vendor. You wouldn't want other people to get screwed, would ya?
elderboy02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 09:54 PM   #7
Neens
Adjusting to the Life

First Name: Anthony
Trading: (21)
Montecristo
Neens will become famous soon enough

If you haven't tried calling I would go for that. It's going to be faster and they can't put off a phone call like they can an e-mail.
Neens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 10:26 PM   #8
dwoodward
Gentlemen, you may smoke!

First Name: Derrick
Trading: (26)
HUpmann
dwoodward will become famous soon enoughdwoodward will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by elderboy02 View Post
Out the vendor. You wouldn't want other people to get screwed, would ya?

Unless you ordered cubans, then I think it would be safe to assume they got stopped by TSA coming into the country since they now X RAY any package over a certain weight.
dwoodward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 10:30 PM   #9
loki
H.A.T.E

Trading: (7)
Partagas
loki will become famous soon enoughloki will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwoodward View Post

Unless you ordered cubans, then I think it would be safe to assume they got stopped by TSA coming into the country since they now X RAY any package over a certain weight.
customs, not tsa. lets place our hate for government agencies at the right one
loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 11:32 PM   #10
bobarian
Cranky Habanophile

Trading: (51)
ERdM
bobarian has disabled reputation

This kind of post is pretty useless. If you are unwilling to name the retailer then why bother to post? If you are unable to name the vendor due to the constraints of this forum, then I still dont see how this is constructive.

There are always ways to protect yourself, if you failed to use the means available to you then I dont see the problem.

If you chose to violate the law then you also chose to accept the consequences of that action.

If I am mistaken in my assumptions then I apologize, but your vagueness only leads to speculation.
bobarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 06:17 AM   #11
OLS
Suck It

First Name: Brad
Trading: (19)
Bolivar AirForce (Served With Honor)
OLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to behold

I agree that not naming the vendor is good decorum, we get a ton of rants each year where the guy
sitting at home bears as much blame as the vendor, and yet once the cat is out of the bag, it's too late,
the vendor is "bashed" over something that is more of a newbie customer mistake. BUT as Bob said, if you
go to the trouble of making a new thread, but won't reveal the vendor, nor share any details, then what
was the point? We can't even slap you on the back and say, "buck up little camper" because we have
no idea of what happened.

Let me tell you what happens to ME. I get mad, send a surly email, then send a less surly, slightly apologetic email,
then I send one saying "Look, I apologized, why are you still being a di(K?" It's like the scene in Swingers.
You may be being ignored while your situation is resolved because they don't like your attitude, lol.
Hope it works out.
OLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 06:39 AM   #12
pnoon
YNWA

First Name: Peter
Trading: (20)
RA
pnoon has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwoodward View Post

I think what you meant to say is "IF you ordered Cubans"
As loki said, TSA does not deal with the packages coming into the country.
As for the X ray practices, your post is meaningless unless you know how much his parcel weighed. "Safe to assume they got stopped"? Not likely.
Old 01-13-2011, 06:47 AM   #13
pnoon
YNWA

First Name: Peter
Trading: (20)
RA
pnoon has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobarian View Post
This kind of post is pretty useless. If you are unwilling to name the retailer then why bother to post? If you are unable to name the vendor due to the constraints of this forum, then I still dont see how this is constructive.

There are always ways to protect yourself, if you failed to use the means available to you then I dont see the problem.

If you chose to violate the law then you also chose to accept the consequences of that action.

If I am mistaken in my assumptions then I apologize, but your vagueness only leads to speculation.
Your post is filled with wisdom, Bob.
However, I think the OP was just looking to rant a bit as opposed to looking for advice on how to deal with the situation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLS View Post
I agree that not naming the vendor is good decorum, we get a ton of rants each year where the guy
sitting at home bears as much blame as the vendor, and yet once the cat is out of the bag, it's too late,
the vendor is "bashed" over something that is more of a newbie customer mistake.

I'm not saying this is the case here. It may or may not be.
Just agreeing with the general statement.
Old 01-13-2011, 08:04 AM   #14
CigarNut
F*ck Cancer!

First Name: Michael
Trading: (111)
RA
CigarNut has disabled reputation

If this is not just a rant and you are indeed looking for advice, I would do what others have suggested and try a phone call. You often reach different people by phone than by email...

No need to post the vendor's name; you stated that they are a reputable vendor so it sounds like your experience is not typical and posting the name will only do them harm.

2 of 3 Requirements for use of the CA Rolodex: 100 posts/ 60 day membership/ participation in trade (trader rating). New members can be added at any time.
CigarNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 08:31 AM   #15
mpd340

Sure glad I havn't run into this problem yet.
Old 01-13-2011, 08:40 AM   #16
Sled Dog
Still Watching My Back

First Name: Tim
Trading: (0)
Sled Dog is on a distinguished road

Sorry to hear you had a bad experience somewhere. I know being a retailer, sometimes things are totally out of your control. We had a few orders this Christmas season where the order went out the same day via UPS, we provided the tracking number, and the shipment was listed as "delivered"... only to have the customers tell us they never received it. Without a required signature on some packages, there really is no recourse against UPS to say it wasn't actually delivered. The only thing we could do is just bite the bullet and resend new products with it being signature required. It's not the customers fault, it's not our fault, and I guess its not UPS fault.... sometimes things just happen. I know if I paid for an order and for whatever reason I didn't get it, I would want it made right somehow.
Sled Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 09:51 AM   #17
JJG
Have My Own Room

First Name: Jeff
Trading: (4)
Partagas
JJG is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sled Dog View Post
Sorry to hear you had a bad experience somewhere. I know being a retailer, sometimes things are totally out of your control. We had a few orders this Christmas season where the order went out the same day via UPS, we provided the tracking number, and the shipment was listed as "delivered"... only to have the customers tell us they never received it. Without a required signature on some packages, there really is no recourse against UPS to say it wasn't actually delivered. The only thing we could do is just bite the bullet and resend new products with it being signature required. It's not the customers fault, it's not our fault, and I guess its not UPS fault.... sometimes things just happen. I know if I paid for an order and for whatever reason I didn't get it, I would want it made right somehow.
agreed 100%

Things happen all the time that are outside of a vendor's control. Just the other day I was watching a video about how the rise of online purchasing has led to a rash of "front porch thievery" Especially around this time of the year, crooks will simply drive down the street looking for boxes left by UPS/USPS that they can walk off with.

Like you said, it's how a vendor deals with these types of inevitable circumstances that distinguishes them as a company who cares about customer service.

I'm not saying the vendor always has to bite the bullet when packages get lost/stolen, but at least SOME sort of response or acknowledgment seems like the least they could do.
JJG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 10:26 AM   #18
BC-Axeman

I ordered a new dishwasher a month ago from Sears. They called in two weeks to say come pick it up and when I got there they couldn't find it. Their records said it was there but it wasn't. They said they would give me a $50 discount and reordered it. Here, two weeks later, again they left a message and said it didn't arrive and it will be here next week. I was getting ready to call and fume at them when I noticed they didn't give me a $50 discount, it was $100. I'm torn now. I so wanted to grouch them out.
Old 01-13-2011, 10:45 AM   #19
T.G
Grrrrrr

First Name: The Other Adam
Trading: (37)
Navy (Served With Honor)
T.G has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by BC-Axeman View Post
I ordered a new dishwasher a month ago from Sears. They called in two weeks to say come pick it up and when I got there they couldn't find it. Their records said it was there but it wasn't. They said they would give me a $50 discount and reordered it. Here, two weeks later, again they left a message and said it didn't arrive and it will be here next week. I was getting ready to call and fume at them when I noticed they didn't give me a $50 discount, it was $100. I'm torn now. I so wanted to grouch them out.
So they planned ahead for a second screw up.

Awesome proactive move by Sears!

(glass half full)
T.G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 10:45 AM   #20
massphatness
Where's my buffaloooo ...

First Name: Vin
Trading: (206)
ERdM
massphatness has disabled reputation

I few more re-orders, Lance, and you'll get that thing for free!