Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > Sports

Old 03-20-2013, 10:35 AM   #1
AdamJoshua
Article 4 Free Inhabitant

First Name: The Other Adam
Trading: (40)
Bolivar Army (Served With Honor)
AdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud of
Default Happy 65th to

The greatest all around hockey player to every lace them up, number four, Bobby Orr.

A great tribute video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D1fMcTq8Esk
AdamJoshua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 10:52 AM   #2
ksknnr
Feeling at Home

First Name: Kevin
Trading: (13)
ksknnr is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Happy 65th to

ksknnr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 02:12 PM   #3
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (60)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation

The only hockey player ever with his own pinball machine!

http://www.arcade-museum.com/game_de...p?game_id=1096

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
icehog3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 02:19 PM   #4
The Poet
Il megglior fabbro

First Name: Thomas
Trading: (2)
The Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud of

A great player indeed, and this coming from a guy who's not a hockey fan.

Still, he's not the one who gave the world Paulina Gretzky.
Old 03-20-2013, 02:20 PM   #5
AdamJoshua

AdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud of

I've had the honor of meeting Number Four on several occasions, mostly while on the elevator because the company I worked for had offices in the same building as his management company. The first time I met him was when I was a security guard at a Boston hotel when I was 19, he was having coffee with Derek Sanderson off in a corner of a wing of the hotel, I was walking by and he asked me where they could get some coffee so I told him I would bring them coffee and take care of it for an autograph, I got them coffee and danish and brought it over and they signed one of the little hotel stationary cards for me. Out of all of my autographs it's def the one I cherish.

Years later in that office building (the Pru) there was a guy on the elevator with about 50 hockey sticks and I asked him what was up, he said he was bringing them up to have Bobby sign for a children's charity auction, seems he did and still does a lot of that type of stuff no questions asked.

Such a very nice guy and great human being.

The resume on the ice is unprecedented. He won the Calder Trophy at 19, was an All-Star and Norris Trophy winner at 20 and a League MVP, scoring champion and playoff MVP shortly after his 22nd birthday in 1970.

Orr went on to win the Norris eight consecutive years, three Hart trophies and two League scoring titles, re-writing the record book for defensemen and revolutionizing the position. The Bruins won the Stanley Cup twice, in 1970 and 1972, and Orr claimed the Cup-winning goal and Conn Smythe Trophy both times.

The numbers are staggering -- 270 goals and 915 points in 657 career games. He has won the Norris Trophy the most times in League history. He is the only defenseman to win the Art Ross Trophy. He holds the record for most assists and points in a season for a defenseman, and the best plus-minus rating for anyone, and most of that was actually in 10 years with the Bruins. (copied from NHL.com)
Old 03-20-2013, 02:23 PM   #6
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (60)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation

Derek Sanderson....talk about a guy who took advantage of being an NHL'er.

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
icehog3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 03:01 PM   #7
AdamJoshua

I wonder if there wasn't anything sanderson WASN'T addicted to, but great story about him getting clean.

haha did you know bobby was PLUS ONE HUNDRED AND TWENTY FOUR in 1971 I mean that's not even a real number for a human being to have
Old 03-21-2013, 07:40 AM   #8
drjammer
I love Hockey!!!

First Name: Don
Trading: (0)
Guantanamera
drjammer has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by icehog3 View Post
The only hockey player ever with his own pinball machine!

http://www.arcade-museum.com/game_de...p?game_id=1096
My buddy still has one of them, in fact we used to play it all the time way back when