Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Old 06-15-2010, 03:49 AM   #561
Stogieman
Herf King

First Name: Charlie
Trading: (0)
Bolivar Army (Retired)
Stogieman is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Re: Good morning Post and sports update

Good morning all and yes, the coffee is on. Tonight's Yankees vs. Phillies game here in the Bronx will definitely be a pitcjing duel. We have C.C. Sabathia taking on Roy Halladay with the first pitch being thrown at 1905(7:05pm). The weather looks great for today so that shouldn't affect the game:

http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick...ield2=-74.0273

I hope everyone has a great day and enjoys it to the max......
Old 06-16-2010, 03:45 AM   #562
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)
Talking Re: Good morning Post and sports update

Good morning all and yes, the coffee is on as always. Well, Sabathia was the victor last night over Halladay as the Yankees beat the Phillies 8 - 3. The teams will be back at it again tonight with A.J. Burnett throwing the fist pitch for the Bombers at 1905(7:05pm). I hope everyone has a happy "Hump Day" and enjoys......
Old 06-17-2010, 03:44 AM   #563
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning all and yes, the coffee has been on for a while now. Well, the Phillies beat up on A.J. last with a final score of 6 - 3 and hopefully the Bombers bounce back this evening and win two out of 3 in this series. I'll be heading down this afternoon to the game with my buddy Bill (Bravo Lima) and we will enjoy watchin' Andy Pettitte pitch against Kyle Kendrick. Tomorrow, Israel (uptown_isy) and the Uptown Cigar Company crew will be hosting a "Thank you Bash" at their shop in Kingston, NY. I hope to see as many of the local S/BOTL there that can make it, I know it's going to be a blast. Anyway, I hope everyone has a great day and gets to enjoy a favorite or two or.......
Old 06-18-2010, 05:59 AM   #564
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)
Smile Re: Good morning Post and sports update

Good morning all and yes, the coffee is on. Well, the Yankees got beat up by the Phillies last night with a final score of 7 - 1. The score was 3 - 1 through the 7th and then the devistation started. We had a great time either way having dinner at the Authur Avenue Cafe, http://www.arthuravenue.com/ cigars before and after and a great weather day. Today, I'll be headin' up to Kingston to spend the day with Isy and the crew at Uptown Cigar Co. I hope everyone has a great day and enjoys themselves through out the weekend.......
Old 06-19-2010, 05:51 AM   #565
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning all and yes, the joe is brewin'. Yesterday's Bash at the Uptown Cigar Company was outstanding. There was a huge crowd to say thanks to Michelle, Bruce, Isy and the crew and we will miss you all. Today we have a number of sporting events to include the continuation of the World Cup, MLB, NASCAR and a few others to keep you busy. Also today, we have Dee's (The Eagle) annual Father's Day BBQ which is another big get together and I'll say my good byes to Isy at that time. Anyway, I hope everyone has a great day and GO YANKEES.......
Old 06-20-2010, 08:53 AM   #566
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning all and yes, the coffee has been on for a while now. I decided to read the paper and relax this morning before going on-line. Well, the Yankees came back yesterday and beat the Mets 5 - 3 giving Phil Hughes him his 10th win of the season (10 - 1). Today will be the rubber game of the series with C.C. Sabathia taking on Johan Santana, another great pitching duel. The first pitch will be thrown at 1305(1:05pm) with a tempature of 91 degrees according to NOAA:

http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick...2=-73.8762&e=1

Also today at 1530(3:30pm), NASCAR will be racing at Sonoma, CA on the road race known as Infineon Raceway. I hope everyone has a happy Father's Day and enjoys.......
Old 06-21-2010, 03:35 AM   #567
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning everyone, the coffee is on and thank goodness. Well, the Yankees beat the Mets 4 - 0 yesterday to take the series 2 games out of 3. The Bombers are playing tonight in Arizona taking on the D-Backs with the first pitch being thrown at 2210(10:10pm). Also, congrats to Jimmie Johnson and the entire Lowes Racing team for winning yesterday NASCAR race in Sonoma. I hope all of you have a great week and get the time to enjoy a few of your favorites through out it.......
Old 06-22-2010, 03:30 AM   #568
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning all and yes, the coffee is on. Well, I see the Yankees got rocked last night in the first game against Arizona with a final score of 10 - 4. The two teams will be back at it again this evening starting at 2140(9:40pm) and the Bombers will have Andy Pettitte startin' on the mound this evening. Anyway, I hope everyone has a great day on this first full day of summer and enjoys a favorite or two celibrating it.......
Old 06-23-2010, 03:47 AM   #569
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning all and yes, the coffee has been on now for almost and hour. Well, the Yankees came back last night and beat the D-Backs 9 - 3. The two teams will play one more this evening to see who wind the rubber game of this series. Start time is 2140(9:40pm) again and hopefully the Bombers get another "W". Anyway, I hope everyone has a happy "Hump Day" and enjoys.......
Old 06-24-2010, 03:51 AM   #570
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning all and yes, the joe is brewin' as always. It was good to see that the Yankees won another game against the D-Backs with a 10th inning homer by Granderson making it 6 - 5. The Bombers are off tonight and will take on the Dodgers this weekend in LA. Being that today is Thursday, we'll be at Schlesingers's Cigar Bar / Hudson Valley Cigars this evening enjoying primo stogies and catching up on the world's news. If you have a couple of hours to get away and you're close by, stop on over and join in on the fun. Either way, I hope everyone has a great day and enjoys a favorite or two or.......
Old 06-25-2010, 03:43 AM   #571
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning all and yes, the Killer Beans are brewin'. It was a good time at Schlesinger's last night seeing a number of the regulars and meeting a few new folks as well. Well, the Yankees have a 3 game series this weekend with the Dodgers startin' this evening at 2010(10:10pm). C.C. Sabathia will be on the mound tonight and I hope the bats will be on for the Bombers. Also this weekend, the NASCAR racers will be in Loudon, NH at the New Hampshire Motor Speedway. I hope everyone has a relaxing weekend and takes the time to enjoy a couple of your favorites through out it.......

T.G.I.F.
Old 06-26-2010, 05:48 AM   #572
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning all and yes, the Killer Beans Electric Chair™ Espresso is on. Well, the Yankees took the first one from the Dodgers 2 - 1 with a game winning homer by A-Rod. Today's game starts at 1910(7:10pm) and hopefully the Bombers continue doing what they are. Today's Nationwide NASCAR (formally known as Busch Cup) race will start roughly at 1430(2:30pm) on ESPN. Danika Patrick will be returning today and will enter 10 more races this year for JR Motorsports (Dale Earnhardt Jr.'s racing team). Anyway, I hope everyone has a super Saturday and enjoys......
Old 06-27-2010, 07:47 AM   #573
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning all and yes, the coffee is finally on. Well, the Yankees didn't fair so well yesterday as they lost to the Dodgers 9 - 4. A.J. Burnett had another rocky start and hopefully Andy Pettitte turns that around with another "W". Start time is 2000(8pm) and it's the ESPN Sunday night game of the week. Also today, we have the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series race from Loudon, NH with a start time of 1300(1pm). I hope everyone has a relaxing Sunday and enjoys a favorite or two or.......
Old 06-28-2010, 02:56 AM   #574
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning all and yes, the joe is brewin'. The Yankees came back to win last night's game 8 - 6 as Robbie Cano hit a 2 run hommer in the 10th. Congrats to Jimmie Johnson for winning yesterday's NASCAR race in Loudon, NH. I have to run as we have to be in place to issue 1400 new Cadets at West Point their initial issue at 0600. Have a great week and enjoy......
Old 06-29-2010, 03:23 AM   #575
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning all and thank god the coffee is brewin'. Today is day 2 of a 3 day initial issue for the new Cadets that arrived yesterday. A total of 1377 showed up and 2 of them already had enough and went home. Tonight the Yankees will take on the Mariners here in New York with Phil Hughes throwing the first pitch at 1905(7:05pm). After today, I'll definitely enjoy a primo stogie on the back deck this evening watching the Bombers back in action. I hope everyone has a great day as well and enjoys......
Old 06-30-2010, 03:59 AM   #576
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning all and yes, the coffee has been on for a while. It's day 3 for the new Cadets and they are startin' to look more like soldiers. Last night, the Yankees didn't fair so well against the Mariners as they lost 7 - 4 and hopefully they will turn that around this evening with a "W". I hope everyone has a happy "Hump Day" and gets to enjoy a favorite or two or.......
Old 07-01-2010, 03:33 AM   #577
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning all and yes, the coffee is on as always. Well, the Yankees lost for the 2nd straight game again last night against the Mariners and this time it was 7 - 0. Let's hope that they do not get swept as the two teams will play one more game today. C.C. Sabathia will throw the first pitch today which will be at 1305(1:05pm). Since today is Thursday, we'll be at Schlesinger's Cigar Bar / Hudson Valley Cigars this evening enjoying primo stogies and catching up on the world's news. I hope everyone has a great day and enjoys......
Old 07-02-2010, 03:52 AM   #578
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning all, the joe is brewin' and T.G.I.F. It was good to see that the Yankees didn't get swept by the Mariners as they won 4 - 2. A-Rod hit an 8th inning 2 run homer along with C.C. Sabathia throwing 8 solid innings to give the Bombers the win. Today they will take on the Toronto Blue Jays at 1305(1:05pm) with A.J. Burnett starting on the mound. Well, last night was a good time at Schlesingers with plenty of tasty cigars going around and great conversation. I hope everyone has a safe and relaxing 4th of July weekend filled with primo stogies and great times.......
Old 07-04-2010, 06:57 AM   #579
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning all and yes, the Killer Beans coffee is on. It was good to see the Yankees bounce back with a win yesterday as they powered over the Blue Jay 11 - 3. The two teams play again today at 1305(1:05pm) and Phil Hughes will be pitching today for the Bombers. Also last night or should I say early this morning Kevin Harvick won the NASCAR race down in Daytona, congrats to the entire Richard Childress Racing team. I hope everyone has a safe and relaxing 4th, smoke a few of your favorites and enjoy some BBQ as well.......
Old 07-05-2010, 08:32 AM   #580
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning all and yes, the coffee is on. Well, we had another relaxing 4th of July here Cornwall with a number of our friends and family to enjoy it with. We were over at one of our brother-in-law's house that the parade passes right by and then later on can walk up to the fire works on the town pond. Enjoyed a few fine stogies, plenty of eats and kept the thirst quenched through out the day. It was good to see the Yankees won in the 10th and today they'll be taking on the A's in California at 2205(10:05pm). Anyway, I hope everyone has a relaxing 5th of July and enjoys.......