Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Old 09-08-2010, 10:41 AM   #1
G G
BR549

First Name: Greg
Trading: (10)
Bolivar
G G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant future
Default help

Are there any Florida Attorneys here? I hate to ask, but didn't have anywhere else to turn.

My wife's mother passed away almost 2 years ago and we retained an attn to probate the estate. the only asset is a $30,000.00 house. We have had pretty smooth sailing till 6 months or so ago. We have a buyer for the house but there are some fairly stupid stipulations that the title company has placed on the sale, even though the judge ruled a certain way they are still requiring some hoops be jumped through.

The problem I have is the attn is not responding to my wife's inquiries or phone calls in a reasonable manner. She has called OR emailed the office once a week and has had no return email or call in almost a month. she is really stressed out over this as she wants to get to the end of this probate and put it behind her. I have talked to the attn and his secretary on more than one occasion and let them know our dissatisfaction with the lack of communication on their part. I also told them I understand that these things take time and that we don't expect a personal phone call from the attn every week. I have stated that even if there is no news to report a short one sentence email from the secretary would be fine. My wife's stress level goes up the longer she doesn't hear from them. And I hate to assume, but I am wondering if the shabby way they communicate is the same as the way they are working the probate. I know the short answer is to fire the attn and get another one, but that cost's money and around here money is in short supply since my wife has been out of work for almost a year and a half. I sent the attn and email Monday night and explained to him that if I hadn't heard from them by the end of today then I would be left with no explanation other than they didn't care if this ever got done or not. I have looked up filing a complaint with the Bar and it seems that most peoples feeling is that it is worthless to do so. I guess what I am asking is does anyone have any advice on where to go from here? We paid the attn $1300.00 at the beginning and was told that the money would probably cover the whole amount owed. We had to switch lawyers in the middle as well cause the one we started with left the firm. the communication problems started when this new lawyer got the case. I asked him when we met the last time if we owed them anymore money and he stated that the original $1300.00 would cover it.

Thanks for any help you might can give.

Greg
G G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 02:12 PM   #2
G G
BR549

First Name: Greg
Trading: (10)
Bolivar
G G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant future
Default Re: help

Update:

Called the attn today after posting this and actually got him on the phone. I explained my feelings and how it was unacceptable to have no communication for almost a month, and he agreed and apologized and basically said that he knows it's not an excuse but the reason he didn't return any calls or answer any emails is there is no new news to report. I explained that to me that is unprofessional and unacceptable and he agreed that he would do a better job. I guess we will see how it goes. I still think it's pretty sorry, but if he will stay in touch a little better we'll see where it goes from here.
G G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 02:15 PM   #3
Chingas
Death Is Waiting

First Name: Chingas
Trading: (35)
Partagas
Chingas has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggainey View Post
Update:

Called the attn today after posting this and actually got him on the phone. I explained my feelings and how it was unacceptable to have no communication for almost a month, and he agreed and apologized and basically said that he knows it's not an excuse but the reason he didn't return any calls or answer any emails is there is no new news to report. I explained that to me that is unprofessional and unacceptable and he agreed that he would do a better job. I guess we will see how it goes. I still think it's pretty sorry, but if he will stay in touch a little better we'll see where it goes from here.
I wish you the best Greg. I hate lack of communication. Just another way to spell LAZY. A phone call ot takes a second. An email a minute. It's pathetic that a professional can't act professional. Unaccepted in my book.
Old 09-08-2010, 02:19 PM   #4
BigAsh
Don't knock the Ash...

First Name: Keith
Trading: (46)
Partagas
BigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to behold

Greg....I think you found your "solution"....Hope he keeps his word....No "news" or not, I always endeavor to keep clients informed, always happier that way....