Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > Sports

Old 08-08-2011, 12:39 PM   #21
BigAsh
Don't knock the Ash...

First Name: Keith
Trading: (46)
Partagas
BigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: 2011 Go Giants, Back-2-Back World Champions !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3SmokesaRound View Post
I would agree, and wasn't a big fan of picking up Beltran. Would have prefered a Pence, Upton, or Rasmus type of player and not just a rental. I'm hoping it's just an early chemistry thing and they get it figured out soon. Keppinger had a nice day yesterday, unfortunately, he's been hitting into too many dp's.
....chemistry/Beltran....hmmmmm.....Keppinger doing well over all...
Old 08-09-2011, 10:56 AM   #22
BigAsh
Don't knock the Ash...

Partagas
BigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to behold

Ok, so the only one to get suspended from last friday's melee was Victorino!....no Ramirez, no Whiteside (the jumping maniac!)....I don't get it...What are the thoughts of SF Giants fans?...Fair?
Old 08-09-2011, 11:48 AM   #23
3SmokesaRound
CCCC

First Name: Bill
Trading: (48)
RA
3SmokesaRound will become famous soon enough3SmokesaRound will become famous soon enough

The way I look at it was that Victorino is the one that "started" the brawl (if you can call it that). Yes, I know Ramirez hit him intentionally which "technically" started it, but look what happened a few days before when Pujols got hit. Did Pujols charge/walk to the mound? No, he walked to first like he's supposed to when he gets hit. What do the Cards do, hit Braun. Obviously intentional! Did Braun get pissed and walk/charge the mound? Nope, he understands baseball. You hit our guy, we hit your guy. It's not like Ramirez threw at his head. If the Phills would have hit a Giants guy the next game, so be it! Take it like a man Victorino!

Now, was it right to hit Victorino in the first place? It's a tweener to me. I don't blame Jimmy for stealing 2nd. It was only 5 or 6 runs with what 3 or 4 innings left. Easy for most teams to come back from, but not the Giants But if Victorino wants to be pissed at someone it should have been Jimmy.

You asked, so that's my
3SmokesaRound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 11:55 AM   #24
BigAsh
Don't knock the Ash...

Partagas

Quote:
The way I look at it was that Victorino is the one that "started" the brawl (if you can call it that). Yes, I know Ramirez hit him intentionally which "technically" started it, but look what happened a few days before when Pujols got hit. Did Pujols charge/walk to the mound? No, he walked to first like he's supposed to when he gets hit. What do the Cards do, hit Braun. Obviously intentional! Did Braun get pissed and walk/charge the mound? Nope, he understands baseball. You hit our guy, we hit your guy. It's not like Ramirez threw at his head. If the Phills would have hit a Giants guy the next game, so be it! Take it like a man Victorino!

Now, was it right to hit Victorino in the first place? It's a tweener to me. I don't blame Jimmy for stealing 2nd. It was only 5 or 6 runs with what 3 or 4 innings left. Easy for most teams to come back from, but not the Giants But if Victorino wants to be pissed at someone it should have been Jimmy.

You asked, so that's my
that's why they call it the "left" coast........I think Whiteside instigated the bench clearing....by his actions, he was looking for a fight....funny though Bill, I didn't see the game, just the fight on the news....so the steal is news to me...not sure that quite justifies the bean ball, but its baseball....
Old 08-09-2011, 12:09 PM   #25
3SmokesaRound
CCCC

RA
3SmokesaRound will become famous soon enough3SmokesaRound will become famous soon enough

I hear ya with Whiteside, Keith. I really thought he and Ramirez would get a game too.
Old 08-09-2011, 12:27 PM   #26
BigAsh
Don't knock the Ash...

Partagas

Quote:
I hear ya with Whiteside, Keith. I really thought he and Ramirez would get a game too.
That's what I'm saying....under the old "two-to-tango" theory...
Old 08-09-2011, 12:36 PM   #27
3SmokesaRound
CCCC

RA

Agree, but again, if Victorino walks his arse down to first like he supposed to, no suspension.
Old 08-09-2011, 01:02 PM   #28
BigAsh
Don't knock the Ash...

Partagas

hahaha....speaking of tango, we could do this dance all day.........did you hear about the 9 yr old hit by a car outside the stadium after Friday's game?....lives a few blocks from me....haven't heard if he's home yet
Old 08-09-2011, 01:51 PM   #29
3SmokesaRound
CCCC

RA

We sure could, Keith. No I didn't hear about that, hope he's okay. Go Phillies tonight! Beat the hell out of the Dodgers Plus I have Cliff Lee and Cole Hamels on my fantasy team
Old 08-09-2011, 03:11 PM   #30
BigAsh
Don't knock the Ash...

Partagas

not a bad couple fantasy pitchers....wins, era and K's for sure....heres an article:

http://www.sfexaminer.com/local/2011...-and-run-crash
Old 08-09-2011, 03:40 PM   #31
3SmokesaRound
CCCC

RA

Glad to hear the kid is okay. Thanks for the link
Old 08-17-2011, 09:35 PM   #32
3SmokesaRound
CCCC

RA

Good thing we were up 6 going into the 9th tonight because we needed almost the entire cushion. Was not happy seeing the tying run come to the plate, but a win is a win. Cain was awesome tonight! AND the D-Backs finally lost again.
Old 09-01-2011, 05:57 PM   #33
Montano
Bourbon IS a food group

First Name: Nick
Trading: (33)
Cohiba Navy (Served With Honor)
Montano is a jewel in the roughMontano is a jewel in the roughMontano is a jewel in the roughMontano is a jewel in the rough

Put a fork in them ??
Old 09-01-2011, 05:59 PM   #34
3SmokesaRound
CCCC

RA

Unless we sweep the D-backs this weekend, I think so.