Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Cigar Discussion > All Cigar Discussion

Old 06-21-2010, 01:02 PM   #1
Don Fernando
Postwhore

First Name: Ferdinand
Trading: (29)
Army (Retired)
Don Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud of
Default C.A.O. champions traveller's selection

Exclusively available for European Travel Retail operations and in limited numbers, STG launches under the CAO brand umbrella its CAO Champions Traveller’s Edition. CAO Champions Traveller’s Edition is the ultimate collection of CAO’s highest-rated and most soughtafter cigars. CAO is the only premium cigar manufacturer to have produced no fewer than eleven
brands to have been rated ‘90’ (‘OUTSTANDING’) or above by Cigar Aficionado and Cigar Insider - the world’s ultimate cigar authority.

Encased in an attractive ‘CAO-black’ leatherette travel humidor, also for the traveller will find a fine selection of six award-winning cigars from Dominican, Honduras and Nicaragua origin. Inside are:
- CAO Italia Novella (4½ x 46)
- CAO Sopranos Associate (5 x 52)
- CAO Gold Corona (5½ x 42)
- CAO Vision Prana (6¼ x 52 )
- CAO Brazilia Samba (6¼ x 54)
- CAO MX2 Beli (7 x 56)

The CAO Champions Traveller’s Edition also features CAO’s ‘Seed to Soul’ DVD. This DVD carries the viewer through the cigar-making process like no other film before. From the lush and tropical regions of Central America to the skilled hands of the rollers, the founders of the CAO brand take the viewer on a behind-the-scenes tour of the world of CAO cigars. The DVD provides over twenty minutes of footage and includes a 36-page colour booklet that tells the story of the cigars loved around the globe. From a tine seed, the genesis of the cigar, to its heart and soul.

The CAO Champions Traveller’s Edition aims to retail at a duty-free price of EUR 49.-.

Koen van Vaerenbergh and Jeppe Tanggaard Jacobsen, both International Business Managers Global Travel Retail at STG, will manage the introduction with selected operators from May 1 towards the end of the year. Up until now, introductions foreseen are with selected Northern European ferry operators and airports in France, Russia, Switzerland, the Netherlands, Greece and Poland.

Koen van Vaerenbergh comments: “CAO is unique and innovative concept in long-filler cigar world. Being a well-established brand in the US, we offer our all duty-free travellers in Europe an exciting escape to new world of cigars.”. Jeppe Tanggaard Jacobsen adds that the offer is true bargain: “travellers save over 30% - just on the cigar selection1, i.e. excluding the informative ‘Seed to Soul’ DVD and the stylish reusable travel case. The CAO Champions Traveller’s Edition is a great opportunity to try six of the very best cigars from the new world”.

Old 06-21-2010, 01:23 PM   #2
Ogre
****CENSORED****

First Name: Larry
Trading: (46)
Montecristo
Ogre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant future
Default Re: C.A.O. champions traveller's selection

Sweet, I have smoked 4 of the six and really like them. Perhaps this will be available in the states at some time.
Ogre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 01:34 PM   #3
Don Fernando
Postwhore

First Name: Ferdinand
Trading: (29)
Army (Retired)
Don Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud of

I think it might Larry, as the header of the leaflet said "The first CAO Travel Retail exclusive: introducing the CAO Champions Traveller’s Edition".

Now 'First' implies that there will be more to follow and my expectations are that they will use Europe as a test zone to see if there is a demand for these sets.
Old 06-21-2010, 01:37 PM   #4
Ogre
****CENSORED****

Montecristo
Ogre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant future

That would be great. Not like I need another case, mmmmmmmmm maybe I do.
Old 06-21-2010, 01:37 PM   #5
icantbejon
Have My Own Room

First Name: Jon
Trading: (10)
Cohiba Army (Active)
icantbejon will become famous soon enoughicantbejon will become famous soon enough

I've tried 5 of the 6. Of the 5, I like them all except the Gold. I haven't tried the Vision yet, but heard bad things based solely on price. Seems like the cigar is a good smoke, but not worth the $13 or so they are asking.
Old 06-21-2010, 01:38 PM   #6
Whee
formerly illinoishoosier

First Name: Sean
Trading: (17)
Partagas
Whee is a splendid one to beholdWhee is a splendid one to beholdWhee is a splendid one to beholdWhee is a splendid one to beholdWhee is a splendid one to beholdWhee is a splendid one to behold

http://www.texcigars.com/Cigar-Sampl...ampion-Sampler

Has more sticks, too.

But no DVD
Old 06-21-2010, 01:40 PM   #7
Dunkel
Maduro & Oscuro Whore-O

First Name: Doug
Trading: (75)
Dunkel is just really niceDunkel is just really niceDunkel is just really niceDunkel is just really nice

I've smoked everything in that sampler except the Vision in one vitola or the other, and CAO Gold is about as flavorless as a Macanudo. Nice looking assortment though.
Old 06-21-2010, 01:41 PM   #8
Ogre
****CENSORED****

Montecristo

Thanks for the link Sean.
Old 06-21-2010, 01:42 PM   #9
Whee
formerly illinoishoosier

First Name: Sean
Trading: (17)
Partagas
Whee is a splendid one to beholdWhee is a splendid one to beholdWhee is a splendid one to beholdWhee is a splendid one to beholdWhee is a splendid one to beholdWhee is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogre3239 View Post
Thanks for the link Sean.
I found it some time ago. Had saved it in my "when I get a job and can buy sticks again" folder.
Old 06-22-2010, 04:08 PM   #10
Ogre
****CENSORED****

Montecristo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunkel View Post
I've smoked everything in that sampler except the Vision in one vitola or the other, and CAO Gold is about as flavorless as a Macanudo. Nice looking assortment though.

Havnt had the Gold, prefer the Mx2. It does look like a good selection!!!
Old 06-22-2010, 04:11 PM   #11
Brutus2600
Your resident lancerHO

First Name: Brian
LGC
Brutus2600 has a spectacular aura aboutBrutus2600 has a spectacular aura aboutBrutus2600 has a spectacular aura about

Cool looking travel humidor...might look into picking this up if it ever is available in the states.
Brutus2600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 04:12 PM   #12
Ogre
****CENSORED****

Montecristo

Brian, the link above shows one in the US. It has 10 in the case.

http://www.texcigars.com/Cigar-Sampl...ampion-Sampler
Old 06-23-2010, 12:18 AM   #13
Brutus2600
Your resident lancerHO

First Name: Brian
LGC
Brutus2600 has a spectacular aura aboutBrutus2600 has a spectacular aura aboutBrutus2600 has a spectacular aura about

Is it silly that I want the one from europe because it's black and not red? rofl
Brutus2600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 11:39 AM   #14
macsauce13
Have My Own Room

First Name: McKenzie
Trading: (38)
macsauce13 has a spectacular aura aboutmacsauce13 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunkel View Post
I really enjoy them on occasion. Maybe give it another shot?
macsauce13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 11:51 AM   #15
BigAsh
Don't knock the Ash...

First Name: Keith
Partagas
BigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to behold

I like CAO....some more than others...but all I find well constructed....
Old 06-23-2010, 11:53 AM   #16
68TriShield
Got Torque?

First Name: Dave
Trading: (40)
HUpmann
68TriShield has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brutus2600 View Post
Cool looking travel humidor...might look into picking this up if it ever is available in the states.
thank you Sir!
68TriShield is offline   Reply With Quote