Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > Sports

Closed Thread

Old 11-16-2011, 03:35 PM   #281
Eleven
Solid As The Sun

First Name: Scott
Trading: (23)
Eleven has a spectacular aura aboutEleven has a spectacular aura aboutEleven has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: NHL '11 - '12 Thread

Total dive by Kronwall. His face wasn't even lying on the ice or nothing! I think I even saw him looking around for a ref while he was totally faking it on the ice.

Anyone hear if there was a suspension yet? Hearing was today.

(EDIT) N/M here is Shanny with the verdict:

3 Games

CA: putting the 'man' in bromance since 2008! --markem.
Old 11-16-2011, 05:47 PM   #282
Ahbroody
Daddy x 4

First Name: Mike
Trading: (53)
HUpmann
Ahbroody has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by icehog3 View Post
Just skatng hard, Mike, just skating hard....
Toms right mike. He's just skating hard/ finishing his check/ playing hard nose hockey. Kronwall is such a Nancy. He finished the game also, so there is no way he was hurt. I mean clearly Sidney who finished his game and played after his dirty hit has been faking his injury all this time. Err or hockey players often play through injuries and lie about symptoms. He may very well have a concussio or a neck injury develop.

In all seriousness I watched the game last night using NHL GCL and my media center pc (which really kicks ass I will add). Now granted I was only watching because I saw the Wings lost, but I watched that hit multiple times and he intended it. If you watch the replay he chased him down. The push had bad intentions and Kronwall could have been injured or even worse. That type of hit has no place in the game. If Kronwall had been injured it would be more then 3. Even the Blues broadcasters and mike methenie(sp) new Cardinals manager who was doing a guest spot said it was a bad deal. His kids play and he was saying its every parents worst nightmare and I would largely agree.

With all that he's fine so I am guessing Selane was not sad about that hit. He did sell it also, but hey that was a bush hit so why not. It deserved 5 and a game.
Old 11-16-2011, 11:49 PM   #283
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (60)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation

Duncan Keith looked like a Norris winner again, even without Seabrook in the line-up.

Hawks repay the Caphucks, 5-1. Man, I hate those guys. Bieksa just needs my fist in his face.

1st overall in the NHL, looking a lot like '09-'10 right now.

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
Old 11-17-2011, 06:59 AM   #284
drjammer
I love Hockey!!!

First Name: Don
Trading: (0)
Guantanamera
drjammer has disabled reputation

Nice to see the Avalanche give up 4 unanswered goals!!Name:  double face palm.jpg
Views: 212
Size:  70.3 KB
Old 11-17-2011, 08:23 PM   #285
E.J.
I'm nuts for the place

Trading: (21)
E.J. is a jewel in the roughE.J. is a jewel in the roughE.J. is a jewel in the rough

Ugh... Hate to give up the first goal of the game at 179 after clutterbuck puts a stick across Mc's face....
Old 11-17-2011, 08:25 PM   #286
E.J.
I'm nuts for the place

Trading: (21)
E.J. is a jewel in the roughE.J. is a jewel in the roughE.J. is a jewel in the rough

Tough loss tonight after playing that well on our side of the blue line...
Old 11-17-2011, 08:26 PM   #287
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

Headed home to watch Edmonton - Ottawa on TiVo.

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
Old 11-18-2011, 12:24 AM   #288
Ahbroody
Daddy x 4

HUpmann

Quote:
Headed home to watch Edmonton - Ottawa on TiVo.
? Y u watch that. The big game of the night was the Sharks beating the Wings yet again. Last time Babcock said they had a paid second period. I would say they had more then that this time. Love the fact that the Sharks continue to beat the Wings.
Old 11-18-2011, 03:17 AM   #289
Bruins Fan
Hooper drives the boat.

First Name: John
RyJ
Bruins Fan will become famous soon enoughBruins Fan will become famous soon enough

Ugly,ugly shootout win for the Bruins to get past a highly motivated Blue Jacket team
The Jackets were in town with their fathers playing the Champs,it had all the makings of a trap game for sure.
Hey but good teams win that's seven straight.
Old 11-18-2011, 09:07 AM   #290
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahbroody View Post
? Y u watch that. The big game of the night was the Sharks beating the Wings yet again. Last time Babcock said they had a paid second period. I would say they had more then that this time. Love the fact that the Sharks continue to beat the Wings.
Switched early on and saw periods 2 and 3 of the Sharks game. Detroit has some issues.

Old 11-18-2011, 10:50 AM   #291
Will herf for food

Trading: (9)
VR
357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Switched early on and saw periods 2 and 3 of the Sharks game. Detroit has some issues.
I didn't see it. I'm guessing bad turnovers in their own zone, and missing Ian White probably didn't help.
Old 11-18-2011, 11:18 AM   #292
Mr B
Livin' in a Van....

Trading: (79)
PL
Mr B is just really niceMr B is just really niceMr B is just really niceMr B is just really nice

Detroit looked good in the 1st and Niemi saved the Sharks butts. Sharks paced themselves and totally dominated the 2nd and into the third.
Great game for Niemi and Valssic. 5 different goal scorers.
I agree Mike, great to see these guys continue to do well against the Wings.
And there came a voice to him: “Rise, Peter; kill and eat.” Acts 10:13
Old 11-18-2011, 03:41 PM   #293
Ahbroody
Daddy x 4

HUpmann

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruins Fan View Post
Ugly,ugly shootout win for the Bruins to get past a highly motivated Blue Jacket team
The Jackets were in town with their fathers playing the Champs,it had all the makings of a trap game for sure.
Hey but good teams win that's seven straight.
Save me. We went from blowing up the team to defending a cheapshot and making excuses as to why they didn't dominate a bad team. Here's hoping for a slide.
Old 11-18-2011, 03:54 PM   #294
Bruins Fan
Hooper drives the boat.

RyJ
Bruins Fan will become famous soon enoughBruins Fan will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahbroody View Post
Save me. We went from blowing up the team to defending a cheapshot and making excuses as to why they didn't dominate a bad team. Here's hoping for a slide.
Dude you should stick to pairs figure skating ,I think it is more your speed
Or you just can ignore anything I type
Old 11-18-2011, 05:14 PM   #295
Ahbroody
Daddy x 4

HUpmann

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruins Fan View Post
Dude you should stick to pairs figure skating ,I think it is more your speed
Or you just can ignore anything I type
Nah I think ill just bag you for being a homer and over reacting all the time calling for trades when they drop a couple. Last year multiple times you called for firing the coach and making trades. Hell you already did it this year. Good thing the people running the show there understand hockey or Boston wouldn't be celebrating the cup or on a 7 game win streak. .

Guess a lot of us here and NHL Players and analysts should be watching figure skating.
Old 11-18-2011, 06:57 PM   #296
Bruins Fan
Hooper drives the boat.

RyJ

Absolutely I wanted the coach fired. Julien was just to stubborn and was to much a players coach, example Dennis Wideman skating every shift with zero production, not willing to shake up the lines, the power play was non existent the trade for Kaberle made it worse, as long as you skated your lanes you played.
That all changed when Cam Neely took over, the coach and GM were a heart beat from being fired?
Cam told them to start playing Bruin Hockey or else.

This year Julien is doing a great job coaching,calling out players when needed, sitting them down when they screw up, he's not looking over his shoulder, he's smiling and non combative in his interviews.

The talking heads don't know what they don't know
and if they do know they won't say anything negatived. the only ones that tell it like it is are the local guys that cover the team.

The B's need another goal scoring winger,there are a few guys on the roster that can be moved, I think there will be a big trade by the deadline not before.

That's my
Old 11-19-2011, 08:51 PM   #297
Ahbroody
Daddy x 4

HUpmann

Quote:
Duncan Keith looked like a Norris winner again, even without Seabrook in the line-up.

Hawks repay the Caphucks, 5-1. Man, I hate those guys. Bieksa just needs my fist in his face.

1st overall in the NHL, looking a lot like '09-'10 right now.
just cause when I saw this as the highlight of the night the other night I thought of this post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NNMhMXLNI10

Watching them on GCL right now. UUUUUUUUUUUUUUGly first period. I have not seen a first period like that in some time. Hoping they come back and make this a game.

I do agree on Bieksa. Make the world a better place punch that a$$hat in the face
Old 11-20-2011, 09:21 AM   #298
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

Hawks took the worst beating I have seen them take in the last decade from the youngsters of Edmonton. Emery looked awful but the D certainly didn't help. I don't even know what to say right now, except they better come to play on the West Coast this week.

Old 11-20-2011, 12:53 PM   #299
Ahbroody
Daddy x 4

HUpmann

You can hang a.couple on Emery, but the D was ugly now.for the second game in a row. I am wondering if Keith will get a game for hitting Hall into the boards from behind also. I doubt it, and I know he was sorry after, but he has not had a good week and that was a dangerous hit. Crawford gave up 2 on 7 sog as well. I think it was more the D last night. They often looked paralyzed by Edmontons speed, hell even Edmontons 3rd line looked amazing. They were playing really well, sure its just a stumble. I do hope the Sharks put the boot to them though.
Old 11-21-2011, 05:44 PM   #300
Eleven
Solid As The Sun

First Name: Scott
Trading: (23)
Eleven has a spectacular aura aboutEleven has a spectacular aura aboutEleven has a spectacular aura about

Pssst. Did anyone hear who is playing tonight? Some dude who scored on his 3rd shift, and also has an assist in his first period on the ice in more than 10 months.

CA: putting the 'man' in bromance since 2008! --markem.
Closed Thread