Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Accessory Discussion / Reviews

Old 07-21-2009, 04:09 PM   #1
rennD
NinfaManiac

First Name: Carl
Trading: (19)
Cohiba Navy (Served With Honor)
rennD has a spectacular aura aboutrennD has a spectacular aura aboutrennD has a spectacular aura about
Default Cigar Oasis Troubles

My Oasis RH reading is way off. I have to set it 15+ to get it to put out 65 RH. I have calibrated two separate hygrometers and they are dead on.

Another thing is that it keeps telling me it needs water but I unplug it and it resets. I am using the larger cartridge by the way.

Any ideas or know anyone I can send it to have it fixed?

Thanks in advance.
Old 07-21-2009, 04:23 PM   #2
yourchoice
Down the stretch

First Name: Joel
Trading: (36)
Cohiba
yourchoice has disabled reputation
Default Re: Cigar Oasis Troubles

I had the latter (telling me it needs water) happen to me before. Was it after you refilled it? One time I refilled it a little too high I think and took it out of the humi for a little, seperated from the resevoir, and let it dry out. I think a little water may have splashed onto the mechanism and caused it to freak out so to speak. I put it back in and it was just fine. Same thing may be causing your incorrect reading...worth a shot maybe.
yourchoice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 10:30 PM   #3
rennD
NinfaManiac

First Name: Carl
Cohiba Navy (Served With Honor)
rennD has a spectacular aura aboutrennD has a spectacular aura aboutrennD has a spectacular aura about

thanks for the info joel
Old 11-14-2009, 08:06 PM   #4
bonecollector

Quote:
Originally Posted by rennD View Post
My Oasis RH reading is way off. I have to set it 15+ to get it to put out 65 RH. I have calibrated two separate hygrometers and they are dead on.

Another thing is that it keeps telling me it needs water but I unplug it and it resets. I am using the larger cartridge by the way.

Thanks in advance.
I have 3 cigar Oasis XL Plus units and within 2 years two have failed. I'm trying a Hydra unit. I read the other boards and the oasis units don't seem too reliable and their customer service is poor. They never did return several e-mails I sent them.
Old 11-15-2009, 07:41 AM   #5
captain53
Have My Own Room

First Name: Dave
Trading: (3)
captain53 will become famous soon enough

Fixed Mine - Threw the piece of crap in the trash can. Oasis is worthless junk in my experience. Sorry to rant but the words Cigar Oasis just piss me off, ruined some good smokes with the damn thing when it just totally quit.
captain53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 08:23 PM   #6
shadow king
Fresh outta Ad Seg

First Name: Matt
Quintero
shadow king is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by rennD View Post

Thanks in advance.

Did you ever figure out what to do? I have a Hydra and it's about 4 degrees off RH from my hygrometer I have up top which I recently recalibrated. I'm reluctant to match the RH to my hygrometer as the cigars smoke fine I just think its odd to have that much of a difference from bottom to top of my humi.
shadow king is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 08:30 PM   #7
T.G
Grrrrrr

First Name: The Other Adam
Trading: (37)
Navy (Served With Honor)
T.G has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow king View Post
Did you ever figure out what to do? I have a Hydra and it's about 4 degrees off RH from my hygrometer I have up top which I recently recalibrated. I'm reluctant to match the RH to my hygrometer as the cigars smoke fine I just think its odd to have that much of a difference from bottom to top of my humi.
Big humi?

Not unusual for large humidors to have RH differentials from top to bottom. Make sure that there are open airflow areas from top to bottom and add some auxiliary fans - hydra sells a kit or you can use the humi-care fan kit from CI. (the Hydra and the Humi-Care active humidifier are the exact same humidifier except for the color of the plastic) That should clear it up.
T.G is offline   Reply With Quote