Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Old 07-10-2009, 01:15 PM   #1
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

First Name: Scott
Trading: (252)
Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute
Default Remember my Verizon Wireless rant?

I got it all settled awhile back when they tried to hose me down.
So today the Comcast guy came to downgrade my tv and internet service, cause we just don't use it.
Before he starts, and when he's done, I make him check my internet speeds.
I'm downloading at just under 1 meg.
That'd be cool, but I keep notes every time I talk to any of these smarmy lying corporate asswipes. I was quoted 1 1/2 to 2 megs down.
The tech couldn't do anything, he was cool. I sent him home with a pack of Cohiba cigs and a couple cc's.
As soon as he left, I made a phone call and gave Comcast their first installment of shilala charm.
I took notes, accepted the lie I was told by clay that "Adam will call you when he's off the call he's on", and now I'll wait a few days. (Adam is the guy who quoted me 1 1/2 to 2 megs, and I got his extension and "special" phone number when I first talked to him.)
Then comes installment two of shilala charm, but I'll be talking to the supervisor.

I'm just absolutely sick of the constant lying and cheating that is shot through corporate america. Why even tell a guy 1 1/2 to 2? What point does the lie even serve? He says 1 meg, I say okay. Deal done. Everything is cool.
Now we got a problem.
Old 07-10-2009, 01:26 PM   #2
Col. Kurtz
Have My Own Room

First Name: Jerry
Trading: (26)
RA
Col. Kurtz has a spectacular aura aboutCol. Kurtz has a spectacular aura aboutCol. Kurtz has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Remember my Verizon Wireless rant?

Sounds like how Embarq works also.

But at least you can get broadband.

I will never forget the TW Cable guy telling me "It will be a cold day in hell before we run cable down your road". Still waiting to see Satan on ice skates......

DSL isn't even an option. You'd think I lived in BFE N.C. or something....
Old 07-10-2009, 01:47 PM   #3
Martin
Sweetness

Trading: (2)
Martin is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by shilala View Post
I got it all settled awhile back when they tried to hose me down.
So today the Comcast guy came to downgrade my tv and internet service, cause we just don't use it.
Before he starts, and when he's done, I make him check my internet speeds.
I'm downloading at just under 1 meg.
That'd be cool, but I keep notes every time I talk to any of these smarmy lying corporate asswipes. I was quoted 1 1/2 to 2 megs down.
The tech couldn't do anything, he was cool. I sent him home with a pack of Cohiba cigs and a couple cc's.
As soon as he left, I made a phone call and gave Comcast their first installment of shilala charm.
I took notes, accepted the lie I was told by clay that "Adam will call you when he's off the call he's on", and now I'll wait a few days. (Adam is the guy who quoted me 1 1/2 to 2 megs, and I got his extension and "special" phone number when I first talked to him.)
Then comes installment two of shilala charm, but I'll be talking to the supervisor.

I'm just absolutely sick of the constant lying and cheating that is shot through corporate america. Why even tell a guy 1 1/2 to 2? What point does the lie even serve? He says 1 meg, I say okay. Deal done. Everything is cool.
Now we got a problem.
Check out the united breaks guitars thread
Old 07-10-2009, 01:53 PM   #4
White97Jimmy
Puff on this

First Name: James
Trading: (1)
RA
White97Jimmy is on a distinguished road

I went to "cancel" my Comcast service because I was thinking about switching to ATT or WOW. I like my internet speeds of 15mb/s, but was willing to sacrifice to save some money.

They were more than accomidating on keeping me as a customer. Internet, gave me an extra HD-DVR (2 total), added in Showtime, Cinemax, TMC, HBO, Encore, Starz, and whatever other movie channels there are, HD cable...all for a total of $133 this month, no contract.
White97Jimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 01:57 PM   #5
cort
◤◢◣◥

First Name: Gary
Trading: (41)
cort has disabled reputation

wow Scott. You are one crazy sumb!tch brother.

Go get 'em!! NO MERCY!!
cort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 02:01 PM   #6
themoneycollector
Nicotiana Tabacum

Trading: (108)
Bolivar
themoneycollector has disabled reputation

Keep working the charm.

They should be straight up and keep their word.
themoneycollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 02:12 PM   #7
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

First Name: Mac
Trading: (218)
Bolivar Army (Retired)
kelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond repute

Give em hell Scott!! I am like you, if you quote me on something, by god you better be able to provide it..after all, you are getting my hard earned cash!!!
kelmac07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 02:20 PM   #8
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cort View Post
wow Scott. You are one crazy sumb!tch brother.

Go get 'em!! NO MERCY!!
lolzers.
I'm so sick of getting lied to and jerked around I could puke.
Worse yet, it causes me time and paperwork.
I think that's why what pisses me off the most. I could be out sniffing daisies and I gotta be on the phone listening to someone casually lie to me about the casual lie the last wad told me.
Old 07-10-2009, 02:53 PM   #9
BlackDog
Gonna make you groove...

First Name: Warren
Trading: (19)
BlackDog is a jewel in the roughBlackDog is a jewel in the roughBlackDog is a jewel in the rough

Scott, you're so mean.
Old 07-10-2009, 07:00 PM   #10
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

Cuaba

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackDog View Post
Scott, you're so mean.
I'm gettin' there.
Old 07-10-2009, 07:10 PM   #11
hotreds
Ephesians 2:8

Trading: (63)
Bolivar
hotreds has disabled reputation

I hear ya! Just tell me the damn truth already!

When I used to sell cable(wire) I would rather lose an order than lie and tell the customer we could ship in 1 week.

But, nowadays it's get the order no matter how many whoppers you gotta tell!
Old 07-10-2009, 07:18 PM   #12
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

Cuaba

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotreds View Post
I hear ya! Just tell me the damn truth already!

When I used to sell cable(wire) I would rather lose an order than lie and tell the customer we could ship in 1 week.

But, nowadays it's get the order no matter how many whoppers you gotta tell!
I'm a firm believer in "what goes around comes around." I don't lie, and my kid doesn't lie. My friends don't lie.
I think I'm just so used to being surrounded by the truth that my tolerance for "the real world" has kinda dipped a bit.
Old 07-10-2009, 07:48 PM   #13
ChasDen

Maybe its just me but the common denominator here is you,
maybe its not the rest of the world that's screwed up, maybe its you

Just kidding bro, that's what the wife keeps telling me every time I have an "episode" with customer service.

Don't even get me started on why they cant figure out how to get the right burger in the bag at the drive thru when they only have 3 different kinds.

Chas
Old 07-10-2009, 08:26 PM   #14
White97Jimmy
Puff on this

First Name: James
Trading: (1)
RA
White97Jimmy is on a distinguished road

You also have to go by the fine print that Comcast (and probably every other ISP) has right on their website.

"Actual speeds vary and are not guaranteed."
White97Jimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 08:40 AM   #15
rizzle
Order Restored

Trading: (23)
Bolivar
rizzle is a jewel in the roughrizzle is a jewel in the roughrizzle is a jewel in the roughrizzle is a jewel in the rough

Question: How do you know how many megs you are downloading at? Is that the connection speed?
rizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 10:19 AM   #16
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

Cuaba

Quote:
Originally Posted by White97Jimmy View Post
You also have to go by the fine print that Comcast (and probably every other ISP) has right on their website.

"Actual speeds vary and are not guaranteed."
I understand that.
My download speed is physically capped at 1 meg down by the programming in my modem.
I was sold 1 1/2 to 2 megs down.
Therefore I can NEVER reach over 1 meg, as dictated by the programming that Comcast placed on my modem.
It's the same as going to the store, seeing the sign that says "2 cigars for a dollar", paying a dollar, and they hand you one cigar.
Then you say "it says two". And then the guy behind the counter says "I don't know why it says that, you only get one, and I already have your money. Have a nice day."
Old 07-11-2009, 10:21 AM   #17
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

Cuaba

Quote:
Originally Posted by rizzle View Post
Question: How do you know how many megs you are downloading at? Is that the connection speed?
Yes, it's the connection speed. How fast you can upload and download.
You can check all sorts of places, but I use Comcast's own speed checker right here.
Old 07-11-2009, 10:23 AM   #18
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

Cuaba

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChasDen View Post
Maybe its just me but the common denominator here is you,
maybe its not the rest of the world that's screwed up, maybe its you

Just kidding bro, that's what the wife keeps telling me every time I have an "episode" with customer service.

Don't even get me started on why they cant figure out how to get the right burger in the bag at the drive thru when they only have 3 different kinds.

Chas
I've gotten the same comment a couple times myself.
I always check my bag for the straw before I leave the burger joint, too.
Old 07-11-2009, 10:43 AM   #19
alley00p
Adopted MassHole

First Name: Charlie
Trading: (41)
Partagas AirForce (Served With Honor)
alley00p has a spectacular aura aboutalley00p has a spectacular aura aboutalley00p has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by shilala View Post
Yes, it's the connection speed. How fast you can upload and download.
You can check all sorts of places, but I use Comcast's own speed checker right here.
According to Comcast's speedchecker, my AT&T DSL is getting 1.313 mbps down and 0.315 mbps up. Not bad for a 6 year old DSL cable modem and testing from my netbook in the MMC, 40' away from the wireless router.

Thanks for the link, Scott! I'll have to try it when the boys are both online with their PS3's...

Last edited by alley00p; 07-11-2009 at 10:49 AM.
alley00p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 11:14 AM   #20
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

Cuaba

Quote:
Originally Posted by alley00p View Post
According to Comcast's speedchecker, my AT&T DSL is getting 1.313 mbps down and 0.315 mbps up. Not bad for a 6 year old DSL cable modem and testing from my netbook in the MMC, 40' away from the wireless router.

Thanks for the link, Scott! I'll have to try it when the boys are both online with their PS3's...

You're getting a little better than me down, but mine does a little better up.
I'm paying $27.95 for that.
What are you paying for your dsl? I don't have a phone line so it doesn't matter, I can't get it. Just wondering.