Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > Entertainment

Old 11-10-2011, 07:51 AM   #1
OLS
Suck It

First Name: Brad
Trading: (19)
Bolivar AirForce (Served With Honor)
OLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to behold
Default Home Electronics holiday gift ideas

Now there is a thread worth messing around in!
I posted this because I just bought a device that I really like and wanted to share it with
anyone who is in the market for such a thing. I will kind of format this so that people can
easily dig through the glut that might be created by this concept. You will find my first item below.
OLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 08:03 AM   #2
OLS
Suck It

First Name: Brad
Trading: (19)
Bolivar AirForce (Served With Honor)
OLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Home Electronics holiday gift ideas

PHILLIPS PET-749 7 inch Portable DVD Player - HD TV

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...VD_Player.html

Man what a great little product! They make a 480 resolution line model, but that is NOT the way to go.
This little TV has a 7 inch screen with a WHOPPING 800 lines of resolution. I like that it features a DVD player,
but what is really so amazing about this product is the built in HDTV tuner that picks up over-the-air
digital signals. As many of you may not know, most cable companies multiplex and compress
their signals so that all the channels they offer can be transmitted over the cable. By the time they are
through with it, your HD ain't too D, and your regular digital is a shadow of what it should be. But most
broadcaststations in your area broadcast a FULL HD signal over the air that you can only pick up with rabbit
ears. You connect the included antenna to this bad boy, do a auto channel scan and you are watching
stunningly clear HD tv on a portable device (WITH a built in battery) that really makes this a go-anywhere
deallie-o. It also obviously uses a plug in transformer, so it's essentially like a laptop, the way it charges.
I am not so sure it lasts very long with the DVD player running, but my interest in it is in the practicality
of the TV. All that said, I bought two of these and they are both going out as gifts, so if I want another
I am going to have to get myself one. And I think the price just went up 8 bucks, so I waited too long,
shoulda bagged three while I was at it. But the reviews you can find online seem to indicate that this
product is kinda iffy out of the box, luck of the draw on problems, not unlike cigars. But I got two and
they both worked perfectly out of the box, no screen errors or issues. I give it a big thumbs up and reiterate,
don't bother with the 480 line model, unless you just want a portable DVD player and could care less about
the picture quality. the upgrade is 20 bucks well spent.
OLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 08:29 AM   #3
pektel
I'm nuts for the place

First Name: Peter
Trading: (28)
LGC
pektel is just really nicepektel is just really nicepektel is just really nicepektel is just really nicepektel is just really nice

Good price, too. Thanks for the review. I only have a black friday special from last year. I primarily just use it for the kids on road trips.
Old 11-10-2011, 09:09 AM   #4
chaase321
ZOTL's mmmmm brainssss

First Name: Cole
Trading: (81)
Partagas
chaase321 is a jewel in the roughchaase321 is a jewel in the roughchaase321 is a jewel in the roughchaase321 is a jewel in the rough

Great idea for a thread Brad...especially with the holidays coming up. Also, nice review with some helpful info on the TV, forwarded it on to the wife and we may pick on up. Thanks!