Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 10-07-2012, 08:51 PM   #3221
CigarSquid
AKA Garryyjr

First Name: Garry
Trading: (39)
CigarSquid has a spectacular aura aboutCigarSquid has a spectacular aura aboutCigarSquid has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: First Firearm Thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theonlybear4CORT View Post
I just print a bunch I these out and aim for the A.
That's dirty.. atleast as of now, we had some runs.
Old 10-07-2012, 09:20 PM   #3222
BlindedByScience
Proud USMC Dad

First Name: Tom
Trading: (0)
BlindedByScience will become famous soon enough

...you know, I've got AR's and Glocks and Berettas and Springfield Armory and a pile of other stuff in the safe, but this latest project was maybe the most fun of them all - I took my 25 year old Ruger 10-22 and gave it a new lease on life:

Stats:
- Trigger tuned by Brimstone Gunsmithing
- Rimfire Specialties full width trigger (installed by Brimstone)
- Rimfire Specialties magazine release (thank you, Brimstone for the install in my trigger group)
- Tactical Solutions fluted 0.920" barrel (David at Brimstone fit the barrel to the receiver for me...awesome guy).
- Rimfire Specialties mainspring and guide
- Bolt blueprinting by Que (and jeweling of the bolt - you can see it in the pic).
- Volquartsen V-Block barrel mount upgrade
- Volquartsen Poly Recoil Buffer
- Nikon Rimfire 3X9 BDC scope (just beautiful).
- Talley Scope Rings (no rail - mounts directly to the receiver - sweet)
- Hogue over molded stock

...yes, the barrel is threaded (has a great fitted cap over the threads). There is this one more little accessory I'm waiting for....;-)

What an awesome little rifle..!! I'm blown by the trigger...I'd guess about 2 1/2 pounds...perfect. Also, I'm blown away by how much lighter the rifle is..!! Pretty amazing.

The barrel is floating about 1/8" all the way back to where the flutes stop....very, very nice. The V-Block upgrade seems to have done the trick.

First trips to the range were amazing...once I get the "accessory" for the end of the barrel I'll do the final sighting in and see what kind of groups I can get.

Cheers - B.B.S.
Old 10-07-2012, 09:22 PM   #3223
theonlybear4CORT
RIP Nick Montano

First Name: Mike
Trading: (14)
theonlybear4CORT has disabled reputation
Angry Re: First Firearm Thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by garryyjr View Post
That's dirty.. atleast as of now, we had some runs.
ouch U cut to the core of me
Old 10-09-2012, 03:05 AM   #3224
HK3-
Cashmere Jungle Lord

First Name: Boffa
Trading: (48)
Partagas
HK3- is a glorious beacon of lightHK3- is a glorious beacon of lightHK3- is a glorious beacon of lightHK3- is a glorious beacon of lightHK3- is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlindedByScience View Post
...you know, I've got AR's and Glocks and Berettas and Springfield Armory and a pile of other stuff in the safe, but this latest project was maybe the most fun of them all - I took my 25 year old Ruger 10-22 and gave it a new lease on life:

Stats:
- Rimfire Specialties magazine release (thank you, Brimstone for the install in my trigger group)
- Tactical Solutions fluted 0.920" barrel (David at Brimstone fit the barrel to the receiver for me...awesome guy).
- Bolt blueprinting by Que (and jeweling of the bolt - you can see it in the pic).

...yes, the barrel is threaded (has a great fitted cap over the threads). There is this one more little accessory I'm waiting for....;-)

What an awesome little rifle..!! I'm blown by the trigger...I'd guess about 2 1/2 pounds...perfect. Also, I'm blown away by how much lighter the rifle is..!! Pretty amazing.

The barrel is floating about 1/8" all the way back to where the flutes stop....very, very nice. The V-Block upgrade seems to have done the trick.

First trips to the range were amazing...once I get the "accessory" for the end of the barrel I'll do the final sighting in and see what kind of groups I can get.

Cheers - B.B.S.
Wow that looks fantastic! Best looking 10/22 i've ever seen by a long shot man. Very nice.
Old 10-21-2012, 07:04 PM   #3225
G G
BR549

First Name: Greg
Trading: (10)
Bolivar
G G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant future

Update on pistol: Thought i was gonna get a ruger SR1911 for a little bit. Have now changed it to a Smith and Wesson E Series 1911. I checked all the reviews out and just came down to the frontstrap checkering that's on the Smith with a smooth front strap on the Ruger. Plus they are both on backorder but my LGS says he can get the Smith quicker. About three weeks in and no word yet. Sucks cause I am like a little kid when it comes to getting something when I want it. My dealer always gets guns at cost plus 10% which is a great deal. The gun has an MSRP of $919.00 plus tax. My local guy's cost is 668.00 so plus 10% and tax comes out pretty good for what seems to be an awesome fullsize 1911. Just have to learn to conceal it after having a subcompact glock for the last 5 or 6 years. Don't see that it will be a problem though. Gonna buy a Panther Concealment IWB and a pancake OWB from Lobo Gunleather.
Old 10-22-2012, 11:07 AM   #3226
Will herf for food

Trading: (9)
VR
357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by G G View Post
Update on pistol: Thought i was gonna get a ruger SR1911 for a little bit. Have now changed it to a Smith and Wesson E Series 1911. I checked all the reviews out and just came down to the frontstrap checkering that's on the Smith with a smooth front strap on the Ruger. Plus they are both on backorder but my LGS says he can get the Smith quicker. About three weeks in and no word yet. Sucks cause I am like a little kid when it comes to getting something when I want it. My dealer always gets guns at cost plus 10% which is a great deal. The gun has an MSRP of $919.00 plus tax. My local guy's cost is 668.00 so plus 10% and tax comes out pretty good for what seems to be an awesome fullsize 1911. Just have to learn to conceal it after having a subcompact glock for the last 5 or 6 years. Don't see that it will be a problem though. Gonna buy a Panther Concealment IWB and a pancake OWB from Lobo Gunleather.
Keep us updated. I'd love to see pics and hear your thoughts once you've had it out to the range and carried it.
Old 10-25-2012, 07:50 PM   #3227
emopunker2004
Central Fla rollin

First Name: Justin
Trading: (46)
HdM
emopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to all

Home from vacation and finally have my rifle finished, sans rear sight.

Untitled by emopunker2004, on Flickr
Old 10-26-2012, 03:45 AM   #3228
Cigar Mike
Thankful.

Trading: (2)
Montecristo CoastGuard (Deployed)
Cigar Mike is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlindedByScience View Post
Stats:

Forgive me if you said it somewhere and I just missed it, but how long is the barrel? Is that a commercially made barrel or did you have an existing one modified?
Old 10-28-2012, 07:59 PM   #3229
emopunker2004
Central Fla rollin

HdM
emopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to all

Well here's an updated and better picture of the rifle. Mag and Magpul MBUS installed. Taken with a camera this time instead of my iPhone.

IMG_1503 by emopunker2004, on Flickr
Old 11-05-2012, 07:43 PM   #3230
emopunker2004
Central Fla rollin

HdM

The wife and I just finished up her rifle. Going to color in the Punisher logo in the coming week.

LMT Upper with 14.5" barrel with perm attached vortex flash hider to make it legal.

IMG_1505 by emopunker2004, on Flickr
Old 11-06-2012, 01:50 PM   #3231
Bax
C A P S...CAPS CAPS CAPS!

First Name: Tim
Trading: (70)
Partagas
Bax is a jewel in the roughBax is a jewel in the roughBax is a jewel in the rough

Anyone have any thoughts on a good CC auto? I've been thinking about the Beretta Nano, Glock 26, Sig 290 and the S&W Body gaurd. Anyone who's shot around with any of these please feel free to toss out your thoughts.
Old 11-06-2012, 02:54 PM   #3232
TJarv
In it to win it

First Name: Tony
Trading: (58)
HUpmann
TJarv has a spectacular aura aboutTJarv has a spectacular aura aboutTJarv has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bax View Post
Anyone have any thoughts on a good CC auto? I've been thinking about the Beretta Nano, Glock 26, Sig 290 and the S&W Body gaurd. Anyone who's shot around with any of these please feel free to toss out your thoughts.
Springfield XDs

Proud member of the GMCGTPWHAFA
Old 11-06-2012, 04:22 PM   #3233
Bax
C A P S...CAPS CAPS CAPS!

First Name: Tim
Trading: (70)
Partagas
Bax is a jewel in the roughBax is a jewel in the roughBax is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJarv View Post
Springfield XDs
I totally spaced on the XD's! I'll have to take a closer look at those this weekend.
Old 11-06-2012, 04:55 PM   #3234
MurphysLaw
Anything can go wrong

First Name: Brian
Trading: (19)
Partagas
MurphysLaw is just really niceMurphysLaw is just really niceMurphysLaw is just really niceMurphysLaw is just really niceMurphysLaw is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bax View Post
Kahr PM9
Old 11-06-2012, 05:01 PM   #3235
N2 GOLD
MIND OVER MATTER...

First Name: RICO
Trading: (1)
SCdlH
N2 GOLD will become famous soon enoughN2 GOLD will become famous soon enough

TSA...
Old 11-06-2012, 05:45 PM   #3236
Catfish
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ MO FUGGA!

First Name: David
Trading: (24)
RA
Catfish has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJarv View Post
Springfield XDs
Springfield XD(M)

Cheaper Than Dirt Link
Old 11-06-2012, 05:53 PM   #3237
PearlS4
Entering the fray

First Name: James
Trading: (2)
PearlS4 is on a distinguished road

Here's a few of mine.

Old 11-06-2012, 06:44 PM   #3238
emopunker2004
Central Fla rollin

HdM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MurphysLaw View Post
Kahr PM9
This
Old 11-06-2012, 07:07 PM   #3239
theonlybear4CORT
RIP Nick Montano

Trading: (14)
theonlybear4CORT has disabled reputation

Love my xd9 but after shooting my loaded 1911 I'm in love with the 45 acp round so my 9mm is going up for local sale.
Old 11-06-2012, 09:35 PM   #3240
BC-Axeman

Looks like I'm going to be buying a lot of guns and ammo soon. I think I will be going with cheap, common, and reliable.

Closed Thread