Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Island (The other ones) Reviews

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-03-2012, 08:41 PM   #1
omowasu
Fell ROTT

First Name: Scott II
Trading: (3)
JL
omowasu has disabled reputation
Default La Duena Petit Belicoso

One may have read that these smokes were blended by Pete Johnson for DP Garcias daughter, and that would be correct. One may also assume that because these cigars were rolled for a lady they would be mild and singular. Nothing could be further from the truth...

Initial pre-light whiffs of the dark Connecticut Broadleaf wrapper yielded notes of raisins and brown sugar which were wonderful on the nose. Interestingly, Connecticut Broadleaf is also used in the binder and filler of the La Duena.

After the light, a whole variety of flavors emerged that included overtones of cedar and citrus, with interesting notes of spice and floral in the background. These flavors progressed and changed throughout the smoke, with the second half almost tasting infused even though it was not an infused smoke... It was definitely unique, and was highlighted by a complete lack of bitter NC flavor notes! Retrohaling (nosing) is a must with this one to capture all of the flavors.

The only negative about this smoke was that it is indeed medium-bodied. It didnt stand up to the glass of Makers Mark I was enjoying with the cigar. This one would be better with just a plain old glass of water. I definitely recommend this cigar.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg LaDuena.jpg (46.5 KB, 250 views)