Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-10-2011, 09:12 AM   #1
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

First Name: Scott
Trading: (252)
Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute
Default 8 year old kid gets pepper sprayed by the police.

Here's a link.

I watched a big do-up/interview on this last night.
The background here is the kid had gone to a special behavioral school for some time, and the doctors decided that he was ready to get mainstreamed back into regular school via the special behavioral unit they have at the elementary school.
Aiden freaked out, tore off a piece of sharp moulding, and ran everyone out of the room with it. He bunkerized his new compound, and announced that if anyone came in, they were getting killed.
He was good enough to tell the cops the same thing when they arrived, so he earned himself a heaping helping of pepper spray.
Amazingly enough, he IMMEDIATELY came around to everyone else's way of thinking.

Charges have not been filed against the kid or the police. The kid's mother and grandmother still clearly have no clue, but they're pretty smart about cutting their losses.

In the interview, there wasn't much the young man truly understood, but he definately understood that pepper spray sucks.
When I watched the story, I have to admit that I was thrilled that the police put a swift and immediate end to this kid's act. They made a clear impression on him that will last a lifetime. The impression that even precious flowers eventually suffer consequences.
I honestly believe that this single action by the police may give this kid a new lease on life, or at least they gave him an opportunity to change. How long it will last depends on the parents (who might just have learned a lesson, too).

If any of you guys have caught this story or saw the interview, what did you think?
To qualify my position, if any of my kids were ever acting like this, I would certainly hope the police would take similar action. And then come back next week to reinforce the point they were trying to make.