Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Island (The other ones) Reviews

Old 03-13-2011, 12:57 AM   #1
Don Fernando
Postwhore

First Name: Ferdinand
Trading: (29)
Army (Retired)
Don Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud of
Default Cain FF torpedo

If you're not up to speed about Studio Tobac you might think that Cain FF torpedo is a typo and that I mean Cain F, but no. This bandless cigar is really called Cain FF. It is a yet unreleased blend, I have no idea if it ever will be released but this 6x54 torpedo is part of the Studio Tobac sampler that you get free with purchase during the Studio Tobac world tour events. Being a member of the Studio Tobac advisory board I was lucky to get the sampler before the first event.

The coffee colored wrapper is oily and has one long thin vein. I smell some barnyard. The construction feels good, but the predraw is quite easy. I taste spicy tobacco.

I taste coffee and an earthy flavor, mild creamy and after a quarter of an inch I also taste something sweet. After half an inch I get some chocolate too. The sweetness gains some strength after an inch, I taste wood and herbs too. The cigar gets spicier. After a third I get a chocolate like sweetness with some sugar, but the sweetness isn't too bad because of the herbs I taste too.

Halfway I taste more chocolate with some wood. The cigar lost the spice, it is probably the most subtle Cain blend I have ever smoked. The sweetness fades away a bit, I taste smooth wood and the flavors are mild creamy again. The herbs disappear completely, the remainder of the cigar gives me a mild creamy and mild sweet wood flavor.

This cigar lasted me for ages, two hours and twenty minutes. The draw was good but the burn was phenomenal, super straight and slow. The smoke starts out thin but gets nice and thick quickly. The light colored ash is firm. This cigar is full flavored and full bodied, but not as strong as the Cain F.

Would I buy this cigar again? I wish, it's only available in the 'free with purchase' Studio Tobac event sampler

Appearance: 8 / 10
Construction: 8 / 10
Draw: 7 / 10
Burn: 9 / 10
Smoke & ash: 8 / 10
Aroma first part: 8 / 10
Aroma second part: 8 / 10
Aroma third part: 8 / 10
Old 03-13-2011, 07:27 AM   #2
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

First Name: Mac
Trading: (218)
Bolivar Army (Retired)
kelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Cain FF torpedo

Mmmmmmm spicier!!
Old 03-13-2011, 07:32 AM   #3
HollywoodQue
Invictus

First Name: Howard
Trading: (46)
Bolivar Navy (Served With Honor)
HollywoodQue is just really niceHollywoodQue is just really niceHollywoodQue is just really niceHollywoodQue is just really niceHollywoodQue is just really nice

Now that sounds like a tasty smoke. Can't wait for the sampler to come available. Great review again.
HollywoodQue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 01:33 PM   #4
Don Fernando
Postwhore

Army (Retired)
Don Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud of

check out the Studio Tobac website for the tourdates Howard.
Old 09-10-2011, 04:36 PM   #5
RCS44
Still Watching My Back

First Name: Ryne
Trading: (1)
Montecristo
RCS44 is on a distinguished road

I have one of these that i received in the studio tobac sampler. I am looking forward to smoking this stick. That was a nice review.
RCS44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 05:59 PM   #6
Ogre
****CENSORED****

First Name: Larry
Trading: (46)
Montecristo
Ogre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant future

I have had the pleasure of smoking on of these. It is one AWESOME stick!!! I need to find more of them!!!
Old 01-31-2012, 07:51 AM   #7
longknocker
Postwhore

First Name: Greg
Trading: (82)
Cohiba
longknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant future

Smoked One This Morning Compiments Of The Cain Rep @ Epic. I Agree, Great Smoke! Difficult To Find These, Though.
longknocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 02:28 PM   #8
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

First Name: Mac
Trading: (218)
Bolivar Army (Retired)
kelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond repute

Enjoyed one of these a few weeks ago and was very impressed.
Old 01-31-2012, 07:11 PM   #9
maninblack
Will smoke for food

First Name: Kevin
Trading: (80)
Partagas
maninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to behold

I have one left. May need to meets its fiery death soon.
Old 01-31-2012, 10:44 PM   #10
Don Fernando
Postwhore

Army (Retired)

Quote:
Originally Posted by longknocker View Post
Smoked One This Morning Compiments Of The Cain Rep @ Epic. I Agree, Great Smoke! Difficult To Find These, Though.
Did Bryan bring some? I only smoked a Nub San Andres maduro at EPIC. Well, Bryan will be in The Netherlands for two days later this month, he can roll me a few cigars