Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Island (The other ones) Reviews

Old 06-04-2009, 09:43 AM   #1
Garbandz
Feeling at Home

First Name: Tom
Trading: (53)
Garbandz will become famous soon enough
Wink Don Francisco Custom Blend robusto

This Don Francisco Custom Blend robusto has a reddish-brown brindled wrapper,a flat cap,is solid and heavy.It looks very nice,well made and firm.
The pre light shows peppery,slightly dusty aromas,and has flavors of pepper,ginger,and cumin,very spicy.
The first half produces earthy, deep tobacco aromas,flavors of white pepper,cumin, light leather,a dry,clean finish.Very tasty!
In the second half,there is a slight saltiness,earth and roots,more pepper notes,and a lingering firm finish,the aromas are very nice,spicy and aromatic cedar,firm well aged tobacco.The burn is very even throughout the smoke,the ash is gray and solid...
I would pair this smoke with a brown ale or an aged bourbon,or a smokey Malt whiskey.I rate this Custom Blend 7.5 of 10 strength,17 of 20 overall
Garbandz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 11:21 AM   #2
Catfish
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ MO FUGGA!

First Name: David
Trading: (24)
RA
Catfish has disabled reputation
Default Re: Don Francisco Custom Blend robusto

Very nice review. I tried the custom blend torpedo and it started nicely but went very down hill, very quickly. I attributed this to rushing and smoking it too soon after I received it. I plan on ordering some more letting them wait a proper amount of time before reviewing.