Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Cigar Discussion > All Cigar Discussion

Old 09-19-2010, 09:55 PM   #21
Superbad
Have My Own Room

First Name: Bobby
Trading: (53)
PL
Superbad has a spectacular aura aboutSuperbad has a spectacular aura aboutSuperbad has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: When did you first 'notice' cigars?

My grandfather smoked them. I wish I had shared one with him before he passed away. He was the greatest character I have ever known. So many great stories about his exploits over his lifetime making bathtub gin during prohibition, all his gangster friends like Frank Nitty. Firing a gun through the door at the guy who dared give drugs to my Aunt back in the 70's, my mom's first husband was there and recounted the story to me! The smell took me back to being around him, and somehow I feel close to him when I have a cigar.
Superbad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 10:19 PM   #22
gijoey959

Default Re: When did you first 'notice' cigars?

When I first turned 18, I realized I could buy cigarettes, so I tried them and they tasted so god awful! I let it go for so long I forgot about smoking. Well at St. Patrick's day, I decided I should do something fun, and since I don't drink, I decided to buy a cigar. Since my grandpa smokes grape swisher sweets, I was looking for flavored cigars. I could've gotten any brand, but I saw ACID and the name just drew me in, and the fact that there were different colors made me think they were even cooler. I then found a site that sells to 18+ instead of the standard 21+ and ordered a 1400cc or whatever they're called. Well the next day, the people from the store, MD Cigars I think is what they're called, called me to inform me that they were out of 1400cc's and recommended me the Blondie Belicoso (still my favorite flavored cigar) so I took it. I got it a few days before St. Patrick's and couldn't wait, I smoked it within minutes of opening the shipping box and bag, and got the hook in me. I looked all over and found a store that carried acid cigars, my current primary B&M, Pipe World, and when I went, as luck would have it, there were some ACID Roam's in the sale area, so I bought 2 instead of 1. For a few months, I only smoked acid cigars, but then there was the Cain F tour, where you got free swag and sampler for buying a box of Cains or Nubs, so I did. I not only got the swag, etc... but Sam Leccia, creator of nub and cain, gave me one of the cigars he rolled at the store since we were talking about growing tobacco for about 20 minutes or so. Since then, I've been on a quest to try every cigar I hear is worth trying, or at least the ones I can afford xD