Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Island (The other ones) Reviews

Old 05-13-2010, 10:06 AM   #1
OLS
Suck It

First Name: Brad
Trading: (19)
Bolivar AirForce (Served With Honor)
OLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to behold
Default Romeo y Julieta Reserve maduro - Cask Aged JR stuff.

Romeo y Julieta Reserve maduro - Cask Aged JR stuff.

Needed a Xicar cutter "free" and figured I would add these to the troop support pile,
but got curious to have at least one. I always liked NC maduro cigars, but all of the cigars
blended without benefit of Ctobacco just seem to fall flat for me. BUT I do not go to the store
and listen to the pitchmen anymore, so I have no idea what tastes decent, but for what I hear
around here.

As with most of these special packaging cigars, this is 6 inches x 50 RG. COAL black and pretty
dry wrap. No real smell is coming from the cigar. Light it up to find a firm draw and not much smoke.
To be fair, I pinched a hole in this one like I do with habanos. It works alot better with habanos.
If there had been a rush of flavor, I would have cut it properly. But it was kind of weak, and I knew
it would not hold my interest for even 1/3, so why bother. The taste was marginal, just not a
whole lot going outside of the initial flavor, i.e., no finish on the tongue, no aftertaste. Thin smoke,
little flavor, what more could you ask. I tossed it halfway as lunch hour came to a close. I know
these guys have no trouble selling cigars, and it's a good thing. These are nowhere. They taste like
a bad JR Alternative. Great burn line, pretty cigar, just no flavor. The minimum woody, leathery
taste with classic metallic note on the palate. Smoking this makes it clear to understand why
I smoke Cue-ban cigars. The tobacco has a finish! Sometimes when you smoke some pipe blends,
you can taste things, but when you consult your tongue, you just get a dry, flavorless impression.
And you think, 'where does the taste come from'? 99% of the CCs I smoke have some sort of
classically-cueban tongue coating or finish. Mouth watering is what I call it. These RyJs...nothing.
OLS is offline   Reply With Quote