Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Island (The other ones) Reviews

Old 04-19-2010, 07:59 AM   #1
pennjones
amateur afficionado!

First Name: Brad
Trading: (12)
Punch
pennjones is on a distinguished road
Default Tatuaje T110

A Little Background: So this past week has been pretty good to me an my family. My wife and I found a house to rent that we love, I found a Jeep that I might buy that I love, my wife has an interview today which could help us out greatly if she gets it, and I'm getting my current car fixed today. Overall, I felt it was enough to celebrate a little bit, so I decided early yesterday that I'm going to man up and smoke the T110.

Initial thoughts: I'm scared! I just at a big meal of Kielbasi and Sauerkraut, but based on reviews I've read of this stick, I'm expecting a powerhouse. I paired this cigar with rum and coke, I went with Ron Matusalem Gran Reserva. This cigar has a beautiful dark wrapper with one noticeable crack on the foot. I know that this will be corrected as soon as I light the thing, so I'm not worried about it. I decided to punch the cigar with my trusty .45 cal shell punch instead of cutting it with my trusty xicar.

First 1/3: Upon lighting the stick I notice it has a smooth, spicy flavor right from the start, especially when retrohaling. It's not overpowering though. The first 1/3 remained spicy and smooth with some earthy undertones and a very nice finish. I ashed the cigar just before I hit the second 1/3.

Second 1/3: The second 1/3 of this cigar started with the same smooth spicy flavor, but quickly transitioned into a velvety cocoa, slightly spicy, and earthy flavor. This 1/3 had an excellent taste! Still not overpowering, I'm starting to worry less and less about the strength, this cigar just tastes good! Ashed a little over midway through this 1/3.

Final 1/3: The final third still had the velvety chocolate spice, but it was not powerful. This cigar just keeps getting better and better! The power never kicked in, and it never made me sick. It just had that excellent taste. I highly recommend this cigar if you can find them! I nubbed this cigar until my fingers and lips burnt (see pic)!

Total burn time: 1 hour 25 minutes - I consciously took my time. This cigar probably would have lasted 50-60 minutes if I didn't.

I forgot to take pictures until I was at the final 1/3 of this cigar. So here's a few: The nub:

The setup, notice the ash is very strong, as there is no flaky ash at all in the bowl, and I only had to ash 3 times total:

And into the band jar it goes!
pennjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 08:03 AM   #2
NeverEnoughStick

Default Re: Tatuaje T110

Thanks for the Review!
Old 04-19-2010, 08:57 AM   #3
wolfandwhisky
Resident Whisky Addict

First Name: Matt
Trading: (4)
Cohiba
wolfandwhisky is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the review Brad... I'm encouraged to see the notes about "velvety cocoa" and "velvety chocolate spice."
wolfandwhisky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 09:05 AM   #4
OHRD
Garage w/ couch & ashtray

First Name: Matt
Trading: (39)
OHRD will become famous soon enoughOHRD will become famous soon enough

For whatever reason I've never started a band collection, but that multi-colored jar looks so good that I think it's time!
Old 04-19-2010, 09:44 AM   #5
KenyanSandBoa
The Nightman Cometh...

First Name: Jim
Trading: (74)
Trinidad
KenyanSandBoa is a jewel in the roughKenyanSandBoa is a jewel in the roughKenyanSandBoa is a jewel in the rough

Thanks for the review. Tatuaje is definitely a go-to smoke for me, but I haven't tried the T110 yet. I'll have to get a hold of some because this is really making me want one NOW!!
Old 04-19-2010, 09:47 AM   #6
jitzy
Illusione Whore

Trading: (17)
Bolivar
jitzy is on a distinguished road

Awesome review I've yet to fire one of mine cause I've never been in the mood for something so strong but I think I'll have to rethink that now, thanks.
Old 04-19-2010, 09:56 AM   #7
pennjones
amateur afficionado!

Punch

Thanks for the comments guys. Oh and wolf, as you'll notice, I haven't done many reviews. These were just the flavors I've noticed, and maybe nobody else will, but they're what this cigar made me think of. I don't know if it really tastes like that or not! And jitzy, fire it up. I have more of these that I think I'm going to smoke sooner rather than later. These pale in comparison to Opus X, JDN Antano, and most of Lito's sticks (from the few I've had).
Old 04-19-2010, 10:02 AM   #8
RightAJ
Here Franky Franky

First Name: aj
Trading: (3)
RA
RightAJ will become famous soon enough

Great review! I love the T110s, they are a great full-bodied stick that isn't obnoxious... Many sticks that are designed to be strong loose out on flavor in their quest for power.

Was this the newer or original release?

aj
Old 04-19-2010, 12:52 PM   #9
pennjones
amateur afficionado!

Punch

I believe it was the last banded release before the foil wrapped ones came out.
Old 04-19-2010, 07:32 PM   #10
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

First Name: Mac
Trading: (218)
Bolivar Army (Retired)
kelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond repute

Great review...thanks for sharing!!
Old 04-19-2010, 07:34 PM   #11
dunng
MassHole

First Name: Greg
Trading: (59)
Bolivar
dunng has disabled reputation

Thanks for the review! Talk about a great cigar...
Old 04-19-2010, 08:35 PM   #12
alwayslit
Welcome to the madness

First Name: Jim
Trading: (14)
RA
alwayslit is on a distinguished road

Great review....yea, these don't suck!!
alwayslit is offline   Reply With Quote