Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Island (The other ones) Reviews

Old 03-10-2009, 09:02 PM   #1
MithShrike

Default Reserva Miraflor Robusto

So we got some of these from Andy to sell as five packs and I had one a little while back but I couldn't much remember it. I smoked one this evening after work.

Construction/Appearance: It is well constructed, the wrapper had some small veins but it wasn't ugly. I didn't detect any soft spots or blemishes.

1st Third: The initial light was very peppery and woody. The ash held on for about half an inch until it fell. The ash was grey and flaky.

2nd Third: The wood and pepper continued on and I detected some slightly medicinal notes like the Getomi cigars that tzaddi gifted me with a while back. There were also sweet hints of dates and raisins. It ashed itself again after another two inches.

Last Third: It mellowed out into a purely woody smoke with a sweet finish. I nubbed it. I felt the vitamin N a little later, shouldn't have smoked on an empty stomach.

Overall: 8/10

Closing thoughts: This was a consistent smoke with good draw. I enjoyed the cigar quite a bit. The Reserva Miraflor are constructed from last year's harvest tobacco. Quite a bit younger than I'm used to smoking. Not a daily rotation cigar for me because I'm used to well aged cigars but I may have to let a box rest for about four years and come back to it.