Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Island (The other ones) Reviews

Old 01-29-2010, 07:23 PM   #41
Deputy

Default Re: 5 Vegas Relic Perfecto

I had my eye on this smoke for a while. Not very cute, or pretty but looks tasty. Thanks for the review.
Old 08-05-2010, 10:34 AM   #42
kaisersozei
The Homebrew Hammer

First Name: Gerard
Trading: (40)
Punch Army (Served With Honor)
kaisersozei is a name known to allkaisersozei is a name known to allkaisersozei is a name known to allkaisersozei is a name known to allkaisersozei is a name known to allkaisersozei is a name known to all

Resurrecting this thread to post my own thoughts on this cigar. Kreth sent me one of these in a MAW last year , and I just smoked it this past weekend. He had marked that it was an 08/09 stick, so I'm guessing it was from this same batch that he bought.

So after a year of humi time, overall Jeff's OP was still spot on regarding the flavor: "Flavor was excellent, very creamy, with coffee, leather, cedar, and a faint touch of cinnamon taking turns. There was a fair amount of spice on the finish." Had a nice sweetness, and I particularly enjoyed the baking spice/woody/creaminess of the finish. The spice wasn't that prominent, so maybe it settled down from the original review. I would add that it was even "Cubanesque," and I haven't said that about many DR puros. I thought this was actually a pretty good clone of the La Aurora Preferido. The construction was very good--no burn or draw issues--and the smoke itself was kind of gritty.

A tasty medium bodied cigar, good quality product from 5V. Thanks for the smoke, Jeff!

kaisersozei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 10:46 AM   #43
Azaelius
The Right Hand of Doom.

First Name: Ian
Trading: (1)
Azaelius is on a distinguished road

My single Relic i had went out 4 times, and FAST. This is after having it in a 65% humidor for 6 weeks. I wanted to enjoy the flavors... they were great! but the fact that i had to puff it every 15 seconds to keep it lit made me furioso. I'll try again when i feel a bit more masochistic.

Great review though!
Old 08-05-2010, 10:57 AM   #44
Kreth
Ronin smoker

First Name: Jeff
Trading: (14)
Kreth is just really niceKreth is just really niceKreth is just really niceKreth is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaisersozei View Post
A tasty medium bodied cigar, good quality product from 5V. Thanks for the smoke, Jeff!
You're welcome, Gerard. Glad you enjoyed it, and nice follow-up review. It's been a while since I smoked one of these, might be time to get some more.
Posted via Mobile Device
Kreth is offline   Reply With Quote