Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Good Eats > Recipes

Old 03-11-2011, 03:59 PM   #1
mobarbq
Still Watching My Back

First Name: Wes
Trading: (0)
mobarbq is on a distinguished road
Default Enchilada Soup like at Chili's Restaurant

This is a clone version of Chili's Chicken Enchilada Soup. Kind of labor intensive, but I really like it. Some people even use fritos.

1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 lb. of chicken breast fillets (approx. 3 fillets)
1/2 cup diced onion
1 clove garlic, pressed
4 cups chicken broth
1 cup masa harina
3 cups water
1 cup enchilada sauce
16 ounces Velveeta
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon chili powder
1/2 teaspoon cumin

Garnish w/shredded cheddar cheese or colby-jack
crumbled corn tortilla chips
pico de gallo

1. Add 1 tablespoon of oil to a large pot over medium heat. Add chicken breasts to pot and brown for 4-5 minutes per side. Set chicken aside.
2. Add onions and garlic to pot and sauté over medium heat for about 2 minutes, or until onions begin to become translucent. Add chicken broth.
3. Combine masa harina with 2 cups of water in a medium bowl and whisk until blended. Add masa mixture to pot with onions, garlic and broth.
4. Add remaining water, enchilada sauce, cheese and spices to pot and bring mixture to a boil.
5. Shred the chicken into small, bite-size pieces and add it to the pot. Reduce heat and simmer soup for 30-40 minutes or until thick.
6. Serve soup in cups or bowls, and garnish with shredded cheddar cheese, crumbled corn tortilla chips, and pico de gallo.

Makes approx. 12 servings.
Old 03-11-2011, 04:11 PM   #2
Superbad
Have My Own Room

First Name: Bobby
Trading: (53)
PL
Superbad has a spectacular aura aboutSuperbad has a spectacular aura aboutSuperbad has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Enchilada Soup like at Chili's Restaurant

A quick substitute is to use rotisserie chicken. If you get it fresh and hot, the meat will easily shred by hand. I use it to make tortilla soup.
Old 10-07-2011, 05:24 AM   #3
CTC0001

Default Re: Enchilada Soup like at Chili's Restaurant

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobarbq View Post
This is a clone version of Chili's Chicken Enchilada Soup. Kind of labor intensive, but I really like it. Some people even use fritos.

1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 lb. of chicken breast fillets (approx. 3 fillets)
1/2 cup diced onion
1 clove garlic, pressed
4 cups chicken broth
1 cup masa harina
3 cups water
1 cup enchilada sauce
16 ounces Velveeta
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon chili powder
1/2 teaspoon cumin

Garnish w/shredded cheddar cheese or colby-jack
crumbled corn tortilla chips
pico de gallo

1. Add 1 tablespoon of oil to a large pot over medium heat. Add chicken breasts to pot and brown for 4-5 minutes per side. Set chicken aside.
2. Add onions and garlic to pot and sauté over medium heat for about 2 minutes, or until onions begin to become translucent. Add chicken broth.
3. Combine masa harina with 2 cups of water in a medium bowl and whisk until blended. Add masa mixture to pot with onions, garlic and broth.
4. Add remaining water, enchilada sauce, cheese and spices to pot and bring mixture to a boil.
5. Shred the chicken into small, bite-size pieces and add it to the pot. Reduce heat and simmer soup for 30-40 minutes or until thick.
6. Serve soup in cups or bowls, and garnish with shredded cheddar cheese, crumbled corn tortilla chips, and pico de gallo.

Makes approx. 12 servings.
this one is really very fantastic recipe i enjoyed it while cook chicken with this...!