Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Cigar Discussion > All Cigar Discussion

Old 07-03-2013, 09:11 PM   #1
cmitch
Heads up get down

First Name: Clayton
Trading: (25)
Montecristo
cmitch is just really nicecmitch is just really nicecmitch is just really nicecmitch is just really nicecmitch is just really nice
Default Hammer and Sickle are no more

This has been difficult to confirm but was told tonight that Hammer and Sickle cigars is out of business. They did not appear at the last show and it was noticed by a B&M in Madison. They can't order anymore. Apparently there was a renewed dispute with Hammer and Sickle vodka concerning continued use of the name. Hammer and Sickle vodka allowed the blend to be created to 'compliment' their vodka line. They refused to continue the license and the owner is now working with another company, don't know who yet. If you like any of their blends, it would probably be a good idea to get them while they are available.
Old 07-03-2013, 09:21 PM   #2
bretted432

Default Re: Hammer and Sickle are no more

You're kidding!! How does that happen? I remember having Hammer and Sickle years back...
Old 07-03-2013, 09:29 PM   #3
cmitch
Heads up get down

Montecristo
cmitch is just really nicecmitch is just really nicecmitch is just really nicecmitch is just really nicecmitch is just really nice

Apparently the vodka is still available. Details are really sketchy and only told what I was informed of tonight. Cigars were released in 2007. I like the Berlin Walls myself.
Old 07-03-2013, 10:07 PM   #4
maninblack
Will smoke for food

First Name: Kevin
Trading: (80)
Partagas
maninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to behold

And another one bites the dust. Sad to see them go.
Old 07-05-2013, 07:15 AM   #5
cmitch
Heads up get down

Montecristo

I picked up 8 Berlin Wall toros and 14 robustos Wednesday. I always kept about 5 to 6 in my humi all the time and when I'd get low, buy them at the Cigar Room in Madison, AL. Got another marble box as well. Oh, well.
Old 07-05-2013, 07:24 AM   #6
equetefue
Liga Privada Hoarder

First Name: Edwin
Trading: (17)
Partagas AirForce (Disabled Vet)
equetefue has a spectacular aura aboutequetefue has a spectacular aura about

Had one about a year ago, but didnt care for it much and neither my smoking partner that day. Still sad to see another one gone
equetefue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 07:28 AM   #7
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

First Name: Mac
Trading: (218)
Bolivar Army (Retired)
kelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond repute

Had a few Moscow City sticks awhile back and was less than impressed.
Old 07-05-2013, 08:37 AM   #8
cmitch
Heads up get down

Montecristo

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelmac07 View Post
Had a few Moscow City sticks awhile back and was less than impressed.
I didn't like the Moscow City nor the regular blends. The only one I liked was the Berlin Walls. They've always been a regular in my rotation.
Old 07-05-2013, 10:09 AM   #9
aaron72
Still Watching My Back

First Name: Aaron
Trading: (4)
aaron72 is on a distinguished road

This is disappointing as I enjoyed the Berlin Wall. They always had great presentation for their cigars.
aaron72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 08:44 PM   #10
dunng
MassHole

First Name: Greg
Trading: (59)
Bolivar
dunng has disabled reputation

The Cigar Agency was the distributor for H&S... However, they sold off all but one of their cigar lines to 2 Guys. I am not sure if they were just the distributor or more and if this is included...
Old 07-07-2013, 10:34 PM   #11
cmitch
Heads up get down

Montecristo

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunng View Post
The Cigar Agency was the distributor for H&S... However, they sold off all but one of their cigar lines to 2 Guys. I am not sure if they were just the distributor or more and if this is included...
The owner of the blends works for 2 guys so that would make sense. Maybe we'll see the Berlin Wall pop up again.
Old 07-08-2013, 08:18 AM   #12
dunng
MassHole

Bolivar

I'll settle for Moscow City!
Old 07-08-2013, 05:40 PM   #13
DaBear
Have My Own Room

First Name: Bear
Trading: (26)
HdM
DaBear is a jewel in the roughDaBear is a jewel in the roughDaBear is a jewel in the rough

Whelp, according to halfwheel(who tagged this thread) they're continuing and planning on releasing a new stick at the show. Supposedly they're distributing their own stuff now.
DaBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 06:54 PM   #14
cmitch
Heads up get down

Montecristo

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBear View Post
Whelp, according to halfwheel(who tagged this thread) they're continuing and planning on releasing a new stick at the show. Supposedly they're distributing their own stuff now.
It appears they are all new blends. The manager at the Cigar Room said the blender partnered with H&S vodka in 2006 to produce cigars to compliment their vodka. Last year, HS vodka wanted to buy the line and he refused. They, in turn, said, "Well, you no longer have a name." He shuts down and goes to work at 2 guys. This is what was relayed to me. I guess we'll see how this plays out.
Old 07-09-2013, 09:44 AM   #15
HAMMER + SICKLE
Just in from the Storm

Trading: (0)
HAMMER + SICKLE is on a distinguished road

We are proud to say Hammer + Sickle is still alive and well. My name is Eric Hanson and I am the Founder and Chairman of the company. There is no separation from the vodka, we are still one company. We have simply moved cigar distribution companies from The Cigar Agency to our own in house distribution. We will be at the IPCPR showcasing our newest cigar Icon Series and our new website will be launching this Friday. Hope this clears everything up. Any questions please let me know. All the best and keep enjoying Hammer + Sickle.
HAMMER + SICKLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 10:01 AM   #16
Zane
Have My Own Room

First Name: Zane
Trading: (23)
Bolivar
Zane has a spectacular aura aboutZane has a spectacular aura aboutZane has a spectacular aura about

Look at Clayton starting rumors!

COO BlindMan's Puff
Zane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 10:36 AM   #17
dunng
MassHole

Bolivar

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAMMER + SICKLE View Post
We are proud to say Hammer + Sickle is still alive and well. My name is Eric Hanson and I am the Founder and Chairman of the company. There is no separation from the vodka, we are still one company. We have simply moved cigar distribution companies from The Cigar Agency to our own in house distribution. We will be at the IPCPR showcasing our newest cigar Icon Series and our new website will be launching this Friday. Hope this clears everything up. Any questions please let me know. All the best and keep enjoying Hammer + Sickle.
Will the Moscow City and Berlin Wall still be available?
Old 07-09-2013, 10:51 AM   #18
cmitch
Heads up get down

Montecristo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zane View Post
Look at Clayton starting rumors!
I only posted what I heard. Isn't that how rumors get started?

I have more questions than answers right now. Our local B&M cannot get Berlin Walls and Moscow Citys anymore. Are they going to be again available?
Old 07-11-2013, 08:39 AM   #19
dunng
MassHole

Bolivar

Somewhat related... H&S previous distributor (and blender?).

http://www.cigar-coop.com/2013/07/ci...eserva-by.html
http://www.cigar-coop.com/2013/07/ne...by-victor.html

Old 07-19-2013, 02:27 PM   #20
aaron72
Still Watching My Back

First Name: Aaron
Trading: (4)
aaron72 is on a distinguished road

I attended IPCPR and they had a booth setup that had all of the lines there, Moscow City, Berlin Wall, the new Icon as well as the Second Growth.
aaron72 is offline   Reply With Quote