Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Old 06-02-2011, 07:51 PM   #21
Remo
C.I.A

First Name: Mike
Trading: (122)
Partagas
Remo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant future
Default Re: 3 year olds and cigars.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoflex View Post
I always said the same thing and guess what? I now have a 6 month old little girl. I blame all the fathers of the girls I worked over in High School. I swear they all put a hex on me. I always joked with my wife saying that I want a son first to do my dirty work but also said I know we will more than likely have a girl first if not all girls. I just hope she finds herself a really nice girlfriend one day.
I am with you bro!!!!! I am cursed for being the kid all the dad's were worried about! I am SCREWED!!!!
Old 06-02-2011, 07:52 PM   #22
neoflex
I'm nuts for the place

First Name: John
Trading: (32)
RA
neoflex is just really niceneoflex is just really niceneoflex is just really niceneoflex is just really niceneoflex is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drez View Post
Oh don't worry I'm ready for when karma slaps me with nothing but little princesses. Lol. I just can't imagine how hard it's gonna be lol
I dread the teenage years but right now I wouldn't change it for the world. She's a little cutie and has an absolutely awesome personality. Nothing beats walking in the door and when she spots me her mouth opens wide in excitement. God only knows my wife is never excited to see me. Well unless I walked in with a new pocket book and shoes under my arms but that's not happening.
Old 06-02-2011, 07:53 PM   #23
Bill86
Snob

First Name: Bill
Trading: (67)
Cohiba
Bill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to all

Quote:
I always said the same thing and guess what? I now have a 6 month old little girl. I blame all the fathers of the girls I worked over in High School. I swear they all put a hex on me. I always joked with my wife saying that I want a son first to do my dirty work but also said I know we will more than likely have a girl first if not all girls. I just hope she finds herself a really nice girlfriend one day.
Bill86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 07:53 PM   #24
Remo
C.I.A

Partagas
Remo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant future

Quote:
I dread the teenage years but right now I wouldn't change it for the world. She's a little cutie and has an absolutely awesome personality. Nothing beats walking in the door and when she spots me her mouth opens wide in excitement.
Nothing like a baby girl!!!! I don't know what I would do without my girls
Old 06-02-2011, 07:54 PM   #25
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

First Name: Andy
Trading: (4)
Partagas
Starscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to behold

I don't have this problem with cigars, but I do with alcohol. I tell my kids when they notice that I'm mixing my drinks with an energy drink rather than alcohol.

Insert quote here.
Starscream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 07:56 PM   #26
Remo
C.I.A

Partagas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starscream View Post
I don't have this problem with cigars, but I do with alcohol. I tell my kids when they notice that I'm mixing my drinks with an energy drink rather than alcohol.
That's what's funny, she sees me drink beer and chew but I guess I have been doing that since she was born, the cigar smoking is kinda new and just don't know how to go about it.
Old 06-02-2011, 08:03 PM   #27
Blueface
Gramps 4x's

First Name: Horatio Seymore Hiny
Trading: (8)
Bolivar
Blueface has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remo_5_0 View Post
So, I have been hiding my cigar smoking from my 3 y.o who is a genius, I have dipped Copenhagen for way too long and that is something I cannot hide, but everytime one goes in my lip it's "what's in your mouth daddy?" or "can I see what's in your mouth daddy?", now I have only been really into cigars for a few months but I just really don't want to broach that subject with her.

I feel bad that I have to fib to her about what I was doing in the yard but it's really not worth explaining or trying to explain to her. Anyone else have this situation or have dealt with it?
Very easy solution as evidenced by my then 3 yr old grandson.
Old 06-02-2011, 08:07 PM   #28
Bill86
Snob

Cohiba
Bill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to all

I guess the left hand is probably motioning for a light? Right hand looks like it wants a glass of scotch. That's a smart kid, he's got a great future ahead of him.
Old 06-02-2011, 08:32 PM   #29
Blueface
Gramps 4x's

First Name: Horatio Seymore Hiny
Trading: (8)
Bolivar
Blueface has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill86 View Post
I guess the left hand is probably motioning for a light? Right hand looks like it wants a glass of scotch. That's a smart kid, he's got a great future ahead of him.
That picture has a great story to go with it.
I went to my humi to get a cigar for my dad , my son, my son in law and me.
As I was pulling out the cigars and handing them out, he asks me "what about mine?"
So I handed him one and without hesitation, he jumped on the stool and put it in his mouth.
Luckily, I had my phone at quick reach and took this quick shot.
Old 06-02-2011, 09:07 PM   #30
LostAbbott
Have My Own Room

First Name: Mychal
Trading: (23)
PL
LostAbbott will become famous soon enough

Hey Remo, I have a one year old girl and I keep my smoking away from her, for now and am not sure how we will broach the subject when she gets older.

As for beer, she is already having sips of dads beer when he is having some.

As for boys, as soon as she can walk we will be taking karate classes. That way I figure if some boy does go to far she can easily break his nose, and i don't have to worry.
Old 06-02-2011, 09:10 PM   #31
Remo
C.I.A

Partagas

Yup, just raise them well and keep them safe
Old 06-02-2011, 09:14 PM   #32
Aero95
Adjusting to the Life

First Name: Aaron
Trading: (2)
Partagas
Aero95 will become famous soon enough

My little 3yr old boy tells me to grab a cigar when we go out to play in the yard. I just tell him this is an adult activity.
Old 06-02-2011, 09:28 PM   #33
MurphysLaw
Anything can go wrong

First Name: Brian
Trading: (19)
Partagas
MurphysLaw is just really niceMurphysLaw is just really niceMurphysLaw is just really niceMurphysLaw is just really niceMurphysLaw is just really nice

Great pic Carlos!
MurphysLaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 09:32 PM   #34
Bill86
Snob

Cohiba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aero95 View Post
My little 3yr old boy tells me to grab a cigar when we go out to play in the yard. I just tell him this is an adult activity.
Wait, you don't already have a cigar when you go outside

Looks like he's got YOUR priorities straight.
Old 06-02-2011, 09:35 PM   #35
Bill86
Snob

Cohiba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueface View Post
That picture has a great story to go with it.
I went to my humi to get a cigar for my dad , my son, my son in law and me.
As I was pulling out the cigars and handing them out, he asks me "what about mine?"
So I handed him one and without hesitation, he jumped on the stool and put it in his mouth.
Luckily, I had my phone at quick reach and took this quick shot.
Thats awesome, this hobby really brings everyone together. Thanks for sharing the story behind the picture
Old 06-02-2011, 09:57 PM   #36
Aero95
Adjusting to the Life

First Name: Aaron
Trading: (2)
Partagas
Aero95 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill86 View Post
Wait, you don't already have a cigar when you go outside

Looks like he's got YOUR priorities straight.
Luca my boy usually shrugs his shoulders and says come on and then points to a cigar and says now come on lets go outside.
Old 06-03-2011, 07:23 AM   #37
Wanger

Great advice here. As for me, I've been smoking cigars since my son was young, so he's seen me smoke many times. Since I only smoke cigars, it's easy for me to defend. He's gotten the "smoking is bad" classes at school, and when they were in those, he was telling em I shouldn't smoke and that it's not healthy. I told him that I don't inhale, like a cigarette, and that I don't have enough of them for it to be very bad for my health. As I said that, I was thinking "I'm healthier than the people teaching that to him, with the races I do." LOL

And as far as the girls comments go...we have an almost 13yr old (hers with her ex), so I'm on the doorstep (though she's been acting like she was 20something since she was 4). I feel fortunate that I can be intimidating easily at times. When I was a teenager, I was the type of kid that the parents wanted their girls to date, but none of the girls did. LOL And I think I'll steal neoflex's line here, too...I hope she finds herself a really nice girlfriend.
Old 06-03-2011, 08:16 AM   #38
Skywalker
BABOTL

First Name: Dice
Trading: (18)
Partagas
Skywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud of

Honesty is the best policy!

I also have a 3 year old and he knows when I'm in the backyard or garage there's a good chance I'm having a cigar!

I give him chocolate cigars to play with and eat, once in awhile.

As for my daughter... I just married her off last month!!!

Smoke what you like!!!
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 08:34 AM   #39
lbowles2
Luv me some broadleaf!!

First Name: Larry
Trading: (84)
lbowles2 will become famous soon enough

My 4 yr old daughter likes to smell my cigars when I get them in and unwrap them. When I smoke one out on the
porch she will be out there with me but I feel bad sometimes when she can't sit on my lap because I have the cigar.

As for when she gets older... She's a cutey now and I think she is going to be good lookin' as she gets older. I just
figure I will tell any dude that comes to pick her up that I wouldn't mind going back to prison
Old 06-03-2011, 08:38 AM   #40
nofeardiver
Feeling at Home

First Name: Dan
Trading: (4)
nofeardiver will become famous soon enough

man not looking foreward to this my one year old allready crawls over and lifts him self up and bang on the glass of my vino... i am going to have to figure out a way to lock it...
nofeardiver is offline   Reply With Quote