Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Cigar Discussion > All Cigar Discussion

Old 10-16-2008, 05:07 AM   #1
dannyboy
Still Watching My Back

First Name: Daniel
Trading: (31)
Trinidad
dannyboy will become famous soon enough
Default Great cigar stories

So over the last couple of days I have been realizing more why I love this hobby.

Yesterday was a really crappy day for me, bad day at work, bad news when I got home, more bad news when I got home. Just a general sh*t storm. So last night I sat down by myself and smoked a Tatuaje Tainos. My entire mood and outlook did a complete u-turn. I went from feeling sorry for myslef and my situation to my normal positive outlook and a feeling of "hey, everything has always worked out for the best in my life, why would it change now?"

Then tonight, after a very controversial business meeting we had for a group I am part of, I sat down with a few of the members of the group and smoked a cigar. All of the tension from the meeting was gone, our friendships are stronger, the company was enjoyed and any bad feelings from the business meeting were forgotten.

Both of these were do to the relaxation and fellowship that cigars provide. Just struck me as to how lucky I am to have found this great hobby and passion. It also made me wonder about some of the other great cigar stories where the love of the leaf has turned your day around, turned enemies to friends, brought you closer to your friends, or been a catalyst for some other positive change in your life.

Especially with all the drama going on right now, I would sure love to hear other great stories about these things in your life.
dannyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 07:10 AM   #2
Harpo

Default Re: Great cigar stories

Great story, just goes to show how our little hobby brings people together.