Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Pipe Forum > Reviews

Old 08-03-2009, 08:35 PM   #1
atlharp
Microaggressor

First Name: Andrew
Trading: (1)
HUpmann
atlharp is on a distinguished road
Default G. L. Pease: Maltese Falcon

Description: "Stylish, dark and alluring. Generous quantities of Cyprian Latakia are blended with matured red Virginias, exotic orientals, and just a little bright flue-cured leaf to offer a deep, full-bodied yet silky smoke with an intriguing sweetness, enhanced by a discreet and mysterious spice. Maltese Falcon possesses an exquisite balance - a wonderful all-day English style mixture."

Experience: What is it? "The, uh, stuff that dreams are made of. " This blend is probably the smoothest and most flavorful Latakia blend I have run across.(so far ) From top to bottom, this smokes smooth and flavorful. Sweet, with a slight punch, this is a masterful mix of strength and beauty. Smokey in flavor with some sweet licorice flavors mixed in make this a wonderful nighttime smoke that puts the cherry on the day.

Conclusion: 4 out of 5 stars. An excellent blend that is pure joy from start to finish. Smokes cool and soft, the flavor eeks out subtly and balances well with a nice finish. One of those blends you will keep you coming back for more. Get some!

ATL
atlharp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 09:56 PM   #2
RGD.
God Like Status

First Name: Ron
Trading: (1)
VR Army (Served With Honor)
RGD. has a spectacular aura aboutRGD. has a spectacular aura aboutRGD. has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: G. L. Pease: Maltese Falcon

Hmmm - I have a tin sitting on the shelf for 5 or 6 months now that I haven't cracked open yet.

Thanks for the review!

Ron
RGD. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 01:54 AM   #3
Azpostal
Feeling at Home

First Name: Don
Trading: (9)
Army (Served With Honor)
Azpostal is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the review.
Azpostal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 10:07 AM   #4
wrench turner 85
I'm the Ocho Cinco!

Trading: (0)
Partagas
wrench turner 85 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by atlharp View Post
Description: "Stylish, dark and alluring. Generous quantities of Cyprian Latakia are blended with matured red Virginias, exotic orientals, and just a little bright flue-cured leaf to offer a deep, full-bodied yet silky smoke with an intriguing sweetness, enhanced by a discreet and mysterious spice. Maltese Falcon possesses an exquisite balance - a wonderful all-day English style mixture."

Experience: What is it? "The, uh, stuff that dreams are made of. " This blend is probably the smoothest and most flavorful Latakia blend I have run across.(so far ) From top to bottom, this smokes smooth and flavorful. Sweet, with a slight punch, this is a masterful mix of strength and beauty. Smokey in flavor with some sweet licorice flavors mixed in make this a wonderful nighttime smoke that puts the cherry on the day.

Conclusion: 4 out of 5 stars. An excellent blend that is pure joy from start to finish. Smokes cool and soft, the flavor eeks out subtly and balances well with a nice finish. One of those blends you will keep you coming back for more. Get some!

ATL
every word.
Old 08-19-2009, 11:13 AM   #5
Professor Mike
Still Watching My Back

First Name: Michael
Trading: (2)
Bolivar Army (Served With Honor)
Professor Mike is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Re: G. L. Pease: Maltese Falcon

I've tried this one also and am in agreement with your accessment of its properties. Also have tried Key largo and Union Square.G.L.Pease has produced real winners in all of these blends and will have a loyal following.

Prof. Mike