Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Pipe Forum > Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-19-2010, 02:17 PM   #1
darkleeroy
Adjusting to the Life

First Name: Josh
Trading: (0)
HUpmann
darkleeroy is on a distinguished road
Default English Blend Lovers

Among its advocates it's been described as leathery, smokey, campfire like. Some would say its complexity knows no bounds. While its detractors say that it reminds them of kitty urine.

We're talking about English Blends here. What I would like to know is which one is your favorite English blends, and secondly what would you consider the definitive English blend and why of course.

My favorite English blend would have to be Maltese Falcon. It's got everything that I like in an English, the Virginia's, the Latakia, dusty orientals. But I think the thing I love the most about it is the unique velvet-like feel you get while smoking this blend.

For the "definitive" English blend, I had to think long and hard about this. I've had quite a few English blends, but nothing to the point of exhaustiveness. From my limited scope of experience, I would have to say Penzance. When you open the tin, you are immediately greeted with the fusion of Virginia and Latakia. Everything that you read about Englishes, how you can discern each tobacco in the blend is there. Unfortunately it's just not for me or else it would be my favorite.