Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Old 04-29-2014, 02:41 PM   #3721
nutcracker
Shameless epicurian

First Name: Neil
Trading: (26)
Partagas
nutcracker is just really nicenutcracker is just really nicenutcracker is just really nicenutcracker is just really nicenutcracker is just really nice
Default Re: Photography Thread

Here's the trouble guys - the amazing looking girls in the lingerie are nice, but the wide eyed fully clothed mom has an entirely different appeal. Not sure what it is - the girl next door, real person look....
humph.

More slaps

:
nutcracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 02:56 PM   #3722
meatcake
Meaty Cakey Goodness

First Name: Brandon
Trading: (0)
RA
meatcake is on a distinguished road

Its all personal preference for sure. When I shoot models in lingerie im selling a fantasy. Portraits is a different game but I do both.
Old 04-30-2014, 06:30 AM   #3723
OLS
Suck It

First Name: Brad
Trading: (19)
Bolivar AirForce (Served With Honor)
OLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to behold

Another one from Vanessa

OLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 08:35 AM   #3724
Dave128
Sexy Dave

First Name: Dave
Trading: (4)
Dave128 is just really niceDave128 is just really niceDave128 is just really niceDave128 is just really nice

Very hot looking woman. I dig the shirt and, yes, I enjoy her little "things"!
Old 05-01-2014, 07:57 AM   #3725
OLS
Suck It

OLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to behold

One more and I will let this fade away. She is fooling around here, she kissed her 'guns' earlier, but I was out of focus.
And it is really just a laugh anyway, now Ashlee K, the Midtown Violets violin player, she has some guns.

Old 05-01-2014, 09:53 AM   #3726
shark
Cigar Smokin' Patriot

First Name: Ron
Bolivar Army (Served With Honor)
shark is a glorious beacon of lightshark is a glorious beacon of lightshark is a glorious beacon of lightshark is a glorious beacon of lightshark is a glorious beacon of lightshark is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLS View Post
One more and I will let this fade away. She is fooling around here, she kissed her 'guns' earlier, but I was out of focus.
And it is really just a laugh anyway, now Ashlee K, the Midtown Violets violin player, she has some guns.

Oh yeah I'd kiss her all over.....
Old 05-01-2014, 01:55 PM   #3727
OLS
Suck It

I think I have given up on Adorama. A LOT of people have tried to warn me off of em from bad experiences, but most of mine
have been positive. But Passover knocked them for a loop. TO much weed or something. I got a used Canon lens from them
and it was not cheap, $399 in grade E, so no dust inside, hell two grades above lenses with visible dust inside. But it is littered
with large bits. As I use it a lot above f/8-f/11, these are spots I will end up having to paint out. if it had been graded G, or even V,
I would have had no complaints. But I paid for E and got G, so I am sending it back. It is almost 9 days since they got back
from Passover, having been gone for a week. And they are just not gettin after it. I was looking for a refund of at least $100,
and they want more pictures, dragging their feet, and giving up a customer that spent 9 grand on used and clearance material last year.
I hate it for em, but I hate it for me even more. Now I have to pay a premium on the same stuff at B&H. Pick any lens and
check both places for like used grades. You'll see 15%-20% more in price at B&H for the same used gear. SO as my dad used to say,
its gonna hurt me a lot more than its gonna hurt them. But after 20 months of faithful patronage, I am out. I am not suggesting
anyone not use them, I loved using them. But this is lame, slow and not worth my time. They were gonna slow drag right through
my 30 day return warranty. F that.

Bye Bye awesome lens. Well, not really, for $50 more during a Canon lens sale at B&H I just replaced it with new...100mm f/2 for
$50 more than I just paid used (and dusty) and free shipping to boot. I am sure Adorama has the same sale on, but bump that.
Old 05-01-2014, 02:20 PM   #3728
OLS
Suck It

Not sure how many of you are in line for a new lens for your Canon, hell I shouldn't be, I am a Nikon guy, but I just bought
a THRILLINGLY SHARP 100mm f/2 and got almost 70 bucks off of Lightroom. I did not want Lightroom, I have two versions of
Photoshop. But for RAW, I can't run these ole timey versions of photoshop and work with RAW easily if at all. Certainly for
nothing past the D70-D80. SO Lightroom seemed like a decent idea for $80.

SO now I have it, gotta get ready to hate it.

But there is a full field of Canon lenses "on sale" now with these coupla bonus software bundles on, just like Nikon did last month
or so. If you need it, might be time to think about it. http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/promot...s-savings.html
Old 05-02-2014, 06:11 AM   #3729
OLS
Suck It

Last night at Bocce Smackdown 4, someone brought one of those dogs with no redeeming quality outside it's ability to do this:

Old 05-02-2014, 11:58 AM   #3730
OLS
Suck It

I used to think vignetting was the coolest look, and I still do, but when I was emulating one of my big idols of the photonic arts,
I saw him posting a LOT of great photos with some reasonably noticeable vignetting. SO I took MY PHOTOS that had none
and photoshopped it in. Now I realize for the most part, its just Canon lenses, some of them anyway. And it stands to
reason, since he was not really packing any serious lenses then. This was a lens I picked up to go with my Canon 5D, a cheap
zoom of 28-105 (3.5 max). And it vignettes on both ends, I think. But when I want to direct the viewer's attention to my
subject, it is FINE with me. NOW, if only I had paid closer attention to focus.

Last edited by OLS; 05-02-2014 at 12:11 PM.
Old 05-03-2014, 11:23 PM   #3731
emopunker2004
Central Fla rollin

First Name: Justin
Trading: (46)
HdM
emopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to all

I heard Brad mention guns on a female so I'll leave this here...

punch by emopunker2004, on Flickr
Old 05-03-2014, 11:25 PM   #3732
Remo
C.I.A

First Name: Mike
Trading: (122)
Partagas
Remo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant future

Your arms are pretty big Justin!
Old 05-03-2014, 11:29 PM   #3733
emopunker2004
Central Fla rollin

HdM
emopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remo View Post
Your arms are pretty big Justin!
Har har. Bet my wife could kick you ass
Old 05-03-2014, 11:34 PM   #3734
Remo
C.I.A

First Name: Mike
Trading: (122)
Partagas
Remo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by emopunker2004 View Post
Har har. Bet my wife could kick you ass
I would let her
Old 05-03-2014, 11:45 PM   #3735
emopunker2004
Central Fla rollin

HdM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remo View Post
I would let her
Old 05-04-2014, 08:01 AM   #3736
OLS
Suck It

KaPOW!
Old 05-04-2014, 09:20 AM   #3737
HelenOster
HelenOster

First Name: Helen
HelenOster is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I think I have given up on Adorama. A LOT of people have tried to warn me off of em from bad experiences, but most of mine
have been positive. But Passover knocked them for a loop. TO much weed or something.....
I was so very sorry to read that this was your experience, but can't identify your order without additional information - if you could please email me: Helen@adorama.com I will give this my immediate attention
Old 05-05-2014, 05:17 AM   #3738
OLS
Suck It

That's mostly because I do not handle my camera buying business here at the Asylum, I try to handle it with your company.
What I do HERE is tell people what happened to me when I tried to get my business taken care of but couldn't. You word
your statement as if I had not already tried and failed for 10 days (plus all of Passover) through the channels your company
has in place. There is no need to stalk me here with a search engine, sign up to the forum, and offer me what you should
be offering me on your own website once I alert you to the issue. A lot of people here would consider that 'reaching out"
to me and trying to resolve my issue. I tend to see it as too late to be of any help, and definitely in the wrong place.
And to be quite frank, YOU HAVE helped me. Your company has a no-questions asked 30 day return policy. If I can't get
my issues handled to my satisfaction, I can just send it all back.
Old 05-05-2014, 06:09 AM   #3739
HelenOster
HelenOster

First Name: Helen
HelenOster is on a distinguished road

Quote:
That's mostly because I do not handle my camera buying business here at the Asylum, I try to handle it with your company.
What I do HERE is tell people what happened to me when I tried to get my business taken care of but couldn't. You word
your statement as if I had not already tried and failed for 10 days (plus all of Passover) through the channels your company
has in place.
Not all; it sounds from your feedback that WE failed you - and I'd like to see whether there is anything I can do to make it right.

My role at Adorama is only online customer support to Adorama customers via photography forums, shopping sites, Flickr groups etc. We can't monitor what each one of our CS Call Center Team members is doing 100% of the time and recognize that occasionally mistakes will happen.

If you need me to step in, well, you know where I am.
Old 05-05-2014, 07:35 AM   #3740
OLS
Suck It

Your call center didn't make any errors. You have a fair return policy in place that I was forced to use.
This would be less likely to occur if people who have been off for over a week understand that when they
get back to work, its time to get serious and clear the decks.