Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Old 10-15-2008, 03:16 PM   #1
The Korean

Default Honestly I was responding to the ad!!!!

In an elaborate robbery scheme that's one part The Thomas Crowne Affair and one part Pineapple Express, a crook robbed an armored truck outside a Bank of America branch in Monroe, Wash., by hiring decoys through Craigslist to deter authorities.

It gets better: He then escaped in a creek headed for the Skykomish River in an inner tube, and the cops are still looking for him. "A great amount of money" was taken, Monroe police said, but did not provide a dollar value.

It appears to have unfolded this way, according to a Seattle-based NBC affiliate: around 11:00 a.m. PDT on Tuesday, the robber, wearing a yellow vest, safety goggles, a blue shirt, and a respirator mask went over to a guard who was overseeing the unloading of cash to the bank from the truck. He sprayed the guard with pepper spray, grabbed his bag of money, and fled the scene.

But here's the hilarious twist. The robber had previously put out a Craigslist ad for road maintenance workers, promising wages of $28.50 per hour. Recruits were asked to wait near the Bank of America right around the time of the robbery--wearing yellow vests, safety goggles, a respirator mask, and preferably a blue shirt. At least a dozen of them showed up after responding to the Craigslist ad.

"I came across the ad that was for a prevailing wage job for $28.50 an hour," one of the unwitting decoys, named Mike, said to the NBC station. As it turns out, they were simply placed there to confuse cops who were looking for a guy wearing a virtually identical outfit.

Authorities eventually found the getaway inner tube (a getaway inner tube!) and suspect that accomplices may have picked up the robber in a boat. According to the NBC affiliate, police hope to track him down by figuring out who posted the Craigslist ad in the first place.

Craigslist founder Craig Newmark was not immediately available for comment.
Old 10-15-2008, 03:18 PM   #2
md4958
Captain Cannoli

First Name: Moe
Trading: (62)
HUpmann
md4958 has disabled reputation
Default Re: Honestly I was responding to the ad!!!!

Thats some funny sh!t
md4958 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 03:21 PM   #3
Steve
Dad Jokester Supreme

First Name: Steve
Trading: (6)
HdM
Steve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud of

Hilarious!
Old 10-15-2008, 03:45 PM   #4
Spect
Still Watching My Back

Trading: (1)
LGC
Spect is on a distinguished road

Someday I hope to have commited a felonly involing, a getaway inner tube, flippers, a wad of cash and 2 strippers(why not?).
Old 10-15-2008, 03:50 PM   #5
chippewastud79
Fatter than you!

First Name: Larry
Trading: (44)
Partagas
chippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to behold

Wow, here is a news station with a video clip

http://www.king5.com/topstories/stor....ce3930c1.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by KOMONEWS.com
The bank did not disclose the amount of money it lost, but a former bank teller said judging by the size of the bag taken from the armored car driver, she believes the robber made off with about $50,000.

Last edited by chippewastud79; 10-15-2008 at 03:53 PM.
chippewastud79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 03:51 PM   #6
The Korean

In that order?
Old 10-15-2008, 06:12 PM   #7
cigars_n_scotch

That is damn funny and ingenious at the same time!